Beginners and Beyond

RR: Wallis Sands Half Marathon (Read 75 times)

Zelanie

It was the day for surprise blue gatorade today.  RDs all over the country were observing that one.

I am so happy for you- you have been through so much in your training- I'm thinking that all of it just made you tougher and that much to handle whatever your brain, stomach, or the RD tried to throw at you.  Great job, legs!

Enjoy the day! Smile

From the Internet.

Oh no way re: blue Gatorade holiday! I must conduct a poll among the other races that were held today!

Totally forgot to mention that I ended up taking 2 Pepto chewable thingies before my warmup - I shudder to think about the nausea I might have experienced without them. As it stands now I'm *just* getting back to normal stomach conditions.

Congrats yourself on running an impromptu marathon and doing it well!

Boon and cyber - adrenaline and knowing the finish line was so close totally could have played into that last mile, I shall stop overthinking it. I ran by effort, not by watch, for most of the race and it seems like I did a decent job with that strategy - if I knew I could have gone faster without burning out, I probably would have.

Zelanie

Oh no way re: blue Gatorade holiday! I must conduct a poll among the other races that were held today!

Maybe it was on sale at Walmart this week or something.

hog4life

Lauren, I am so happy for you, what an amazing race. Congratulations!

LRB

You swear a lot, where on earth did you pick up that habit.

LRB

Got a Gatorade, half a donut, and a clementine...

After all of that, more Gatorade?! I am surprised you did not slam it into the ground. lol

LRB

From the way you describe it, I don't think you left much time on the field. Sure, your last mile was faster, but to me, it sounds more like will power than a not empty enough tank.

I could not agree more, you booted that thing in the ass then kicked it with the other foot for good measure.

Nicely done, and a long time in the making!

From the Internet.

You swear a lot, where on earth did you pick up that habit.

Direct quote from the valedictorian of my high school class 11 years ago, almost to the date: "You have a dirty mouth", after dropping one too many F bombs in AP French class Big grin

From the Internet.

After all of that, more Gatorade?! I am surprised you did not slam it into the ground. lol

I needed electrolytes and it was purple, not blue!

LRB

Direct quote from the valedictorian of my high school class 11 years ago, almost to the date: "You have a dirty mouth", after dropping one too many F bombs in AP French class Big grin

I like it, and so does D.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well done, Lauren !!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Well done, Lauren.  Congratulations!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

Congrats, Lauren!  Your last couple of splits were just 

on my way to badass

Wicked awesome splits!  That is a mighty impressive first HM.

I'm out of superlatives.  Well done.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice splits and well done race!