Beginners and Beyond

Taking Tuesday by the horns, Penguins (Read 27 times)

hog4life

Late check in for me, finished day two of the training and doing the regular work now. I missed a good day of conversation about the kids. I have 3 grown kids and 3 grandkids. Never thought about it much, but I wouldn't change anything about my boys. I'm glad they're grown and on their own, though.

I'll get to run tomorrow after work, and then again on Thursday. Friday will be a RD then racing an 8k on Sat morning. I hope to beat 39, legs should be fresh, so we'll see.

Dad on the run.

j-drum - haha, I promise I don't take random pictures of poop trucks. Those were all emailed to me Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Pictures of Run for Boston bracelets!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Wow, the colony is very chatty today! Smile

Bracelets look great Jimmy, can't wait to get 'em!

12.4 miles done, light misting rain, felt great! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Philliefan33

Well, that was humbling. Ithought my legs felt pretty much normal today....until I tried to run. My planned 3-5 miles at easy pace turned into 3.5 miles at such a slow pace that I thought my watch was malfunctioning.

Regarding the adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). In my case, the injury that preceded it was painful so I didn't move and my shoulder froze. The frozen shoulder itself wasnt painful but was affecting my everyday activities. My arm was stuck as if I were in a sling. I could run but getting in and out of my clothes (especially a sports bra) was an adventure.

It took one cortisone shot and 12 weeks of therapy, but now I have almost complete range of motion. The physical therapy affected my running a little, because I was spending 2-3 hours a week in PT and sometimes had to run later a night to fit it in. The manipulations I get at PT are painful, between them and my rehab exercises I would be sore about half of the week. But I'm done after tomorrow, hooray!

Bin Running

Margo, congrats on completing the pt. and  you still managed to squeeze in a HM. So cool.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Two pain free miles for me tonight!

Margo- Bravo to you for sticking with your training even with the PT sessions.  Glad you're through that.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: A little at a time. Smile I am glad the knee is better.

Three sore miles for me, but it is getting better. Another few days and I should be good to go.

Bin: Are you on a HM plan?

Bin Running

Mel, glad the knee is recovering..

Jack, on a modified compressed pfitz again.. A little tricky as Hm are only 2 weeks apart..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar