Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES have a view from the top of the world (Read 40 times)

LRB

Or just take a chill pill 

At least until oh I don't know, FOUR months out. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Baboon!  I've never had them.

I spent the whole day preparing a complaint.  Someone is not getting a discharge.  Yay me. (PS, I only do this for very bad dudes).

Damaris

cjones1

I ran 6.5 this morning.  In the mid 40s.  I looked at my log, and last year this time, there had already been several days in the mid teens and low 20's.

Also, I'm contemplating getting a used TM if I can find a decent one cheap on craigslist or one of the local FB swap sites.  As it gets closer, I'm not really looking forward to running in those single digit and subzero temps.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

Me being who I am - went ahead and backtracked 24 weeks to start 'something'.

I am no expert, but isn't this excessive?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 6.5 this morning.  In the mid 40s.  I looked at my log, and last year this time, there had already been several days in the mid teens and low 20's.

Also, I'm contemplating getting a used TM if I can find a decent one cheap on craigslist or one of the local FB swap sites.  As it gets closer, I'm not really looking forward to running in those single digit and subzero temps.

Look for a neighbor who wants help taking one to the dump. That's how we got both of ours.....only downside if I think it was built in the 1990s.

And check the main forum, don't want to wind up like that guy in the cold 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I am no expert, but isn't this excessive?

Maybe

Depending on where you are and where you want to be.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

At least until oh I don't know, FOUR months out. lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Or just take a chill pill 

Well yeah ... Maybe

LRB

I'm actually the wrong person to ask. I get dialed in and focused when MRT time comes, but I've found that I can only hold that intensity about 3 mobths. Any longer than that and I begin to hate the earth and every inhabitant on it. lol

cjones1

And check the main forum, don't want to wind up like that guy in the cold 

haha, everybody knows which thread you are referencing.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

outoftheblue

We took our dog in to see a neural expert today.  He did an MRI which showed a severely herniated disc and immediate performed a surgery to repair it.  She is out of surgery now, but will be in the hospital for a few days.  The doctor said there is over a 60% chance of full recovery following surgery, so we are staying hopeful.

Life is good.

onemile

We took our dog in to see a neural expert today.  He did an MRI which showed a severely herniated disc and immediate performed a surgery to repair it.  She is out of surgery now, but will be in the hospital for a few days.  The doctor said there is over a 60% chance of full recovery following surgery, so we are staying hopeful.

This sounds like fairly positive news considering the possibilities of what diseases an older dog can encounter...

LRB

Whew, you must be so relieved!

outoftheblue

Thanks, we were very relieved that it was something that could be treated.  The first vet we saw seemed to think she had brain cancer and it was time to make "quality of life assessments."

Life is good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1 hour on the treadmill. Fun times.

Outoftheblue, hope your dog heals well.