Beginners and Beyond

2014 Evansville Half Marathon RR (Read 82 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats!  Now you should feel confident going into Monumental.

Did you do a warm up before the race?  That might have loosened your legs up so you could hit pace the first couple miles.

kinda. I jogged a couple times from my Tahoe to the YMCA bathrooms then from the start to another building with bathrooms.  Not a whole lot though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll be more than happy to supply the missing exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, that should suffice. It rates at least that many,

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll be more than happy to supply the missing exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, that should suffice. It rates at least that many,

Lol, thank you! I promise I'll have plenty of exclamation points in my marathon RR 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

hog4life

Wow, congrats on the big PR!

tracilynn

Congrats on a great run!

Cant wait to hear about your 26.2

~~~~~~~

Traci

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you both, I can't wait to hear about it either 

PRs

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Gratz on the PR, you earned it.  Despite a full onslaught of pre-race OCD jitters, all that worry was for naught.  Keep that in mind as you hit taper and have a full 2 weeks to worry about your full.  Worrying does you no good.  This race is a really good training run for your full, not a balls to the wall all out effort, but a strong and solid tempo where you pushed your body.

Continue the rest of your program, please do not stress too much in your taper period.  Set a realistic (i.e. conservative) goal cause the last 8 miles of the full can be unforgiving if you choose so.  If you are realistic, then you need not stress, you go out and relax, run easy and enjoy the moment and finish strong.  Marathon 2 and beyond is where you begin to push the effort.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Gratz on the PR, you earned it.  Despite a full onslaught of pre-race OCD jitters, all that worry was for naught.  Keep that in mind as you hit taper and have a full 2 weeks to worry about your full.  Worrying does you no good.  This race is a really good training run for your full, not a balls to the wall all out effort, but a strong and solid tempo where you pushed your body.

Continue the rest of your program, please do not stress too much in your taper period.  Set a realistic (i.e. conservative) goal cause the last 8 miles of the full can be unforgiving if you choose so.  If you are realistic, then you need not stress, you go out and relax, run easy and enjoy the moment and finish strong.  Marathon 2 and beyond is where you begin to push the effort.

Thank you, I am trying to keep those things in mind. 26.2 is a lot more than 13.1. BUT I just want to focus on finishing my first marathon strong and in a not so broken shape lol.

PRs

music_girl117

*high five*  Congratulations!!  I don't know anything about marathons, but it seems like you must be really fit to be able to PR a half right in the middle of training.  Great job, and I'm excited to hear about your marathon!

...and you ran a 5k the same day?  Beast.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Mmmmm...beer

Awesome!!! Huge PR in the middle of marathon training, way to go! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks you two!!!

Feeling pretty sore right now, but hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow with another day of rest 

PRs

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well done, FreeSoul. A three minute PR towards the end of marathon training? Forget about it. We all the know that feeling of tired legs so that is impressive. Equally impressive were those nice splits. Smile

Congratulations on the PR! Those splits look very nice.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks! I have improved on my splits, used to be more a negative splitter. We will see how this marathon beast goes though 

PRs

Congrats on the PR! Big grin I know there was a lot of uncertainty going into this race, but you held it together and did a fantastic job! Good luck on your upcoming marathon debut! Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]