Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Word. (Read 39 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

An Easy 6 miles on the TM this morning. I wish my wife would eat Asian or Indian food, but she's a lot more bland. So I don't have any recommendations Shari because I haven't ate at an Indian place in years. I am taking DW out for her birthday, but we are going to Longhorn Steakhouse. We liked it the first time we went.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got "bumped" on the way to work this morning, apparently the woman's foot slipped off the brake at the stoplight. Luckily her car was a tiny little chevy that bumped my bumper and thankfully my Tahoe has a really tough ass so no harm done, scared the crap out of me though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugg...

Feel very young girlish...   Hopped on the scale and went up a lb! - not something I want to see the day before a race.  

Not feeling the pre-race jitters so there is that, but I am not sure what that means.

(See told you very young girly)

LOL.

LRB, I have done heavy weights BEFORE a run.  Usually I run faster after that even though I might be sore.  I don't plan it that way but when it's time to exercise and it's 99F and sunny, you wait until it's 95F and lift while waiting.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies, and happy Friday!!!

I ran 4 yesterday, easy pace, 10 mm. (not 10 millimeters, 10 minute-miles). Smile

It was warm, around 81 or so, with a strong south wind.

SRD for me today and tomorrow. Packing today, heading to Cleveland tomorrow, and racing on Sunday. Towpath 5 miler.

May, or may not run into Thelearnedfoot and a couple of others there.

Hope everyone has a great day.

PS - anybody from Charlotte, NC? I'm looking for a decent route to get 3-5 miles in a couple of times week after next. Nothing too fancy. I'll be staying off W. Tyvola Road near Renaissance Park.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I am blowing off my 6.55 mile race tomorrow.  I feel a hard 15 mile training run will better serve my marathon training.  So sue me.

Six in one hand a half-dozen in the other.  It's all about what you want so there.

Good morning B, enjoy your run later.

Dave, foggy skies aside, it is great weather to run in.

lily, enjoy the busy weekend!

Shari, if it were me I would order rice and grilled vegetables without sauce and lots of bread.  I do nmot care much for any of the sauces I have tried there.

D, you have ugly feet?

Moon, let's see some nice splits from you.  You have the ability to do so, just focus.

What up doe MiOski!

Good luck with the tournament Z!

Hi Hobbit!

Free, my foot almost slipped off the brake this morning.  

Drew, do you mean she eats safely?  lol

Good luck on finding a route Tom.  Worse case you can run for 2.5 miles, then turn around.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. I had some sun burn from yesterday so I had to wear a shirt over the sports bra. Made it a lot more sweaty.

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

How is it? Yes, Fridays are nice. Tomorrow DW and I are racing a 5K at Santa Anita race track. We also have a planned  FE with redrum at said race. There will be about 5,000 runners so I hope we can find him. I also have a long run to do tomorrow or Sunday, hopefully 12 miles at least.  Another swim meet with younger DD is also this weekend(hence the avatar) so the long run will be difficult to get. We'll manage, I guess.

Enjoy the weekend.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies...

How is it? Yes, Fridays are nice. Tomorrow DW and I are racing a 5K at Santa Anita race track. We also have a planned  FE with redrum at said race. There will be about 5,000 runners so I hope we can find him. I also have a long run to do tomorrow or Sunday, hopefully 12 miles at least.  Another swim meet with younger DD is also this weekend(hence the avatar) so the long run will be difficult to get. We'll manage, I guess.

Enjoy the weekend.

Good luck Jack! Let us know how it goes.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am so brain dead man,  what are you trying to say?

I haven't ran since Wednesday, and I am so looking forward to tomorrow's 4 miler before Sunday's 15 miler.

Six in one hand a half-dozen in the other.  It's all about what you want so there.

Free, my foot almost slipped off the brake this morning.  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

38 & drizzly at lunchtime, so opted for the treadmill. 5 miles at MP.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did my run/walk after work, doing my hill route on the University campus.  Thunderstorms were threatening but never did develop in San Antonio, they moved on east.  As someone said in the penguin thread yesterday, I wish they had developed cuz the rain would've felt pretty good when I was doing my last mile!  The temp shot up to 84 degrees, the humidity and dewpoint were pretty close to 70...gaaack...and the clouds left for my last mile and it was very sunny...no shade on the campus roads!   I think I didn't drink enough water before I went out and got a tad dehyrdated.    I got scolded too, lol.  As I got back to the university gym, one of the university nurses - a runner too and who has run with me on occasion - was outside (the medical center at the university is right across from the gym) and saw me coming and he called out jokingly "Scotty, you better be careful, senior citizens are more susceptible to heat issues than younger folks."  I said "You mean old men can't take the heat?"    Well, I did okay, ran the hills strongly, felt pretty good, but that last half mile was when it got to me a bit, finally. It's only April, for petes  sake, usually we are in the 60s this time of year and it is very nice.  We've already turned on our A/C, which we don't usually do until late June.  If this keeps up - these "early summer temps" until actual summer gets here - I may have to start becoming a morning runner earlier than planned!

Today it is beautiful - only going to 70, low humidity, light breeze, sunshine - but rain is moving in the for the weekend.  I am doing a 5K tomorrow as part of Fiesta. We runners do one of the parade routes before the parade starts...so I sure hope it LITERALLY does not rain on my parade.  I was planning to nap after my 5K tomorrow, but I guess Gail has other plans for me, lol. I am to go with her to her Yoga Class party-picnic for a couple of hours and after that to one of the local bowling alleys where her company is doing a bowl-a-thon as a fundraiser for Special Olympics.  I am going to try and convince her to drive so I can drink beer...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun running and doing strength work.

Aftwr work, I'll go to the gym for some easy miles.

I don't think there is such a thing for you, Basya, as easy miles, you hardcore runner you. 

outoftheblue

SRD for me.   On Chicken Watch, the broody hen  has made it to day 14.  No more eggs have been broken or eaten.  7 days left to go.  The funniest thing has been how absolutely protective Little Duke has become of her.  On each of the last 3 days, after she has returned back to her nest area, which is a dog carrier cage inside the main coop, Little Duke stands right outside her cage for several minutes making this soothing, purring sound.   It sounds like he's singing to her.   I've read this  rooster purring is a way of trying to calm hens, and it's interesting that he started doing this after she lost that one egg 3 days ago.   I hope this bodes well for how he responds to new chicks in the coop.  From what I've read on the chicken forums (yes there are such things!), some roosters immediately start protecting them, some simply leave them alone and, unfortunately, some try to kill and eat them.  Yeah, real life is no Disney movie.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Baboon, you are a running machine!  I wish I had half a quarter of your energy!

Happy birthday to your sis and your SIL, Lilly!  What kind of cake will be served?  Cake, one of the few desserts I actually like, lol.

freezing rain and snow were acceptable for April 4 in Wisconsin,  Really?  That sucks...I hope you at least get a couple days of Spring and Summer to enjoy, Step!

Glad the massage therapist helped you feel better, Damaris.  Do you now have to run with your foot taped?

Good luck with your race, Slymoon!

Dang, Hobbit...some weather....do you live near Step?

Congrats on the squats and the 4 miles, LRB.   I sometimes squat during my run...but only if I have to go to the bathroom really badly....

Good luck to your DD, Zelanie!  Hope she kicks ro-butt!

At least you can eat Indian food, Andrew.  Anything more spicy than mild mustard just really tears up my system so I can't have any of that stuff.  Here I am living in San Antonio surrounded by some of the best Mexican food ever and I can hardly eat any of it, lol.  Oh well.  Longhorn Steakhouse is good though.  They have one of those in ND?  Wow, our steers really get around!

Got "bumped" on the way to work this morning, apparently the woman's foot slipped off the brake at the stoplight. Luckily her car was a tiny little chevy that bumped my bumper and thankfully my Tahoe has a really tough ass so no harm done, scared the crap out of me though.       Probably a good thing you didn't have your knife on you! 

Good luck with the Towpath, Tom!  Do you actually run on a Towpath?  Sounds scenic.

Congrats on the 10, marjorie.  Hope you have some aloe for the sunburn.

Busy weekend for you Jack!  Enjoy the FE!

Sorry about the drizzly, DaveP, glad you were able to get some miles in on the TM at least.

Good luck with the hen and eggs, outoftheblue?  Roosters killing and eating the chicks?  Ugg...cannibal roosters...that's something you don't see on Disney.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Actually....... I keep my Dundee knife right in the driver side door "pocket"....... ready to be pulled out, just in case you know  Oh and my Diamond headlamp is there too, as is another flashlight for emergencies. I honestly wonder if she was concerned seeing the NRA sticker on the back and a couple of pro 2nd amendment stickers 

PRs