Beginners and Beyond

National Pizza Party Day Thursday Penguins (Read 21 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

I had my first sausage and sauerkraut pizza last weekend. Apparently it's a thing. And it's a delicious thing.

Yesterday's run went great, although my lower legs still burn from the higher cadence. I hope it'll strengthen my muscles rather than leading to a different injury. I won a Garmin Forerunner 10 on eBay and sold my RA-unfriendly 305 to an RA friend. I'm excited to try a simpler, smaller Garmin. Today's a RD.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  A massage therapist appointment and 6 miles tonight.

I don't love sauerkraut so I would be reticent of trying that pizza but it sounds good.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pizza!  Finally, a food mentioned on the forum that I actually like!    Forget the sauerkraut though....

Seems like it would be better to have a massage after the run, Damaris.  That office would probably have to stay open really late though, for you to get your miles in when it is not so hot.  Good luck with your miles!

Planning and easy 3-4 miles after work today.  Will be my 3rd running day in a row, rare for me, but I'm feeling pretty good.  Weather this week is so cooperative.  Low 50s right now in the a.m. and will only be 81 for a high today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

Oops, we had pizza last night.  I didn't know we were a day early, I was just too late/rushed to make anything for dinner so I grabbed a pizza at Wegmans.

Yesterday was bad in the exercise department for me.  I had to stay late at work which messed up my whole evening, and I didn't do any exercise.  I plan to run after work before I head home, then tonight is old lady quilt class.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning, Obie, Scott, and Docket.   AFM, Cheese Please  .

37 DP and pouring.   Looks like an URD.   I think we will have to take the train downtown today for the show.

Hi Phil !!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Penguins! Interesting that it is National Pizza Party Day because we usually order pizza on Thursdays and were already planning on it today Smile

Got  5.5 before work this morning. Calves and shins feel SO MUCH BETTER than Tuesday. I could run with a normal gait and not a shuffle. Were a little tight in the first 2 miles, especially the left one that was giving me some trouble the week or 2 after Hawaii, and I paused the Garmin and stretched the calves twice during the first 2 miles but then they loosened up and felt great. Ended up doing a nice progression run. Don't have the Garmin with me at work but it was something like 11:57, 11:54, 11:45, 11:34, 11:27 and then idk the pace of the last .5

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Taking a RD and have an appointment with the GI doc, just a check up so shouldn't be any unwarranted news.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I had my first sausage and sauerkraut pizza last weekend. Apparently it's a thing. And it's a delicious thing.

Yesterday's run went great, although my lower legs still burn from the higher cadence. I hope it'll strengthen my muscles rather than leading to a different injury. I won a Garmin Forerunner 10 on eBay and sold my RA-unfriendly 305 to an RA friend. I'm excited to try a simpler, smaller Garmin. Today's a RD.

Wait, did something change in the forum software??  Up until the end of last year I was using my 305 here with success.  (Too much hamster wheel time these days to matter)

Today will likely be more hamster wheel with outside temps going over 100!!!!!   (I looooove me some A/C) 

Randy

Zelanie

Hey guys.  It was still over 90 when I got home yesterday, so I decided to run at dusk, after I got back home with DD.  Good choice!  It was down to about 80 by then and there was a full moon just coming up too.  The other good news is that now that I have a better handle on what foods are bothering my system, I could eat dinner (even a salad) at 6:00 and go running at 8:00, no problem.  That would have been unthinkable before!  Knowing that means I can stress less about days that I can't get out until later, since if I'm hungry I know I can eat and still be able to run afterwards.

Speaking of pizza and food, I made a gluten free pizza crust this weekend that I thought came out pretty well.  I'm not actually avoiding gluten, but it could be some of the carbs in the wheat that I'm sensitive to.

Today I have the kids' track club in the morning, and the social run in the evening.  They run at 6 whether it's 100 degrees out or snowing, so it should be a warm one!

obie- Enjoy the new Garmin!

D- Hope the massage goes well!

Scotty- I think we have switched weather with each other for the week.

Margo- Hope you get your run in today!

Jerry- Enjoy the show!

Kristin- Great run!

Mitch- Hope you have a good checkup. Smile

Randy- Enjoy the hamster wheel!

obiebyke

Nope, eric just said it's a known problem. I think it's probably on Garmin's end.

Wait, did something change in the forum software??  Up until the end of last year I was using my 305 here with success.  (Too much hamster wheel time these days to matter)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal was fun last night -- looking for a new uptune to sing for contest next year, so we're learning about four new songs right now.  Good workout for the brain!!  Chorus rehearsal is tonight, and we're watching our contest video and figuring out how we want to approach the next year.  Oh, and I now have the hiccups.

Obie -- that pizza sounds gross, sorry!!

Docket -- send some massage vibes to me, I could use one!!

scotty -- enjoy your mini-streak!!

Jerryb -- try to stay dry!!

kristin -- glad your legs are doing better!!

hog -- hope your checkup goes well!!

redrum -- set your AC on 65 and spin that wheel!!

Zelanie -- glad your food issues are settling down a little!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning all! I guess the world has turned upside down. It's been 55 in Dallas the last 3 mornings.

Got 3.5 done.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I held my breath until I turned blue, and I think the hiccups are gone. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok, I held my breath until I turned blue, and I think the hiccups are gone. 

Along with other body sensations?

Damaris