Beginners and Beyond

Who wants to run for me SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

B-Plus

Great job Burrrrn, Basya, and all the racers.

18 miles @ 7:38 (pace and time of day). It was nice to get at it early ... 57 at the start and 61 right now.

LRB

Supp!  I am so bored with my neighborhood route that I ended up driving 20 miles out to the trail in Rochester and did 10 miles.

It is a 9 mile out and 9 back limestone (which is gravel basically) covered trail that is 75% under a lush green canopy, so it was a welcome relief from the relentless sun I have been running in the past month or so.

Coming back there is a slight downgrade, so the final 5 miles went by relatively quickly without much of a change in effort.

01-8:55

02-8:31

03-8:30

04-8:37

05-8:33

06-8:24

07-8:18

08-8:18

09-8:19

10-8:13

I was stiff as Tom Willis for that first mile, no doubt a residual effect from yesterdays taxing effort at the track.  It is cool though when you run easy at effort, as opposed to pace because whatever the number is, that is the number.

Now it is off to eat, I will check back later.

Hi dailies:

Rick - Coffee trumps Bah, good easy 10.  Sounds like a cool place to run.

Baboon - unplanned day with certainty of burgers is winning.

B+ - LR and oatmeal, nice miles and weather!

Tom - 4, it's the new 3

D - great job on not melting, let alone doing a tough workout

Meaghan - good distance on tired legs

jjs - so, does that run mean that you're a Barr star?

SIAR - good almost-12

Lilac - welcome to the madness, good luck with your training.

Burrn - hah, sounds like fun, nice job

Ric-G - enjoy the day, happy bday to your son

Kristin - excellent

Basya - congrats on the improvement Smile

Free - double digits again, good work

Ron - happy Sunday

Zelanie - logistics are important

I was possibly going to head down to Erie for an early HM this morning.  After a poor sleep in Friday's Tstorms and finding myself cranky and short-tempered at work yesterday, I decided to only go if I somehow woke up super early and felt refreshed.  That never happened, and so the sleep deficit got cut down with a lazy late start to the day.

Got a bunch of chores done and will head out for a LR near home instead.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.1 for me today.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Accidentally raced this morning for about 1/4 of a mile.  I started my run this morning at Tower of The Americas in downtown San Antonio.  Nobody around me at all. Next thing I know I am surrounded by about 2 people running and wearing numbers.  I chatted with one runner and she told me they were doing a 'graduation 5K" training race.  Apparently they are all beginners who trained for so many weeks  with group runs 5K training plan put on by a local running store and this was their 'graduation 5K" as they have completed all their training and next week they will all be doing an ACTUAL race, a local 5K being held here in town.  Where I was chatting with her this morning, she told me they had about a mile to go to the finish.  I wished her luck and diverted off of the 'course" and onto the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Ended up with 3.2 miles.  My last mile I met another runner who has been visiting all week and is leaving for his home tomorrow.  He's been running all over San Antonio, exploring, and said he likes it here, nice running in my town.  We ran my last mile together.  He is much faster than me, but I decided what the heck, I was feeling good and would see how long I could keep up with him.  My training runs, I normally run about 11 - 12 minute mile, 5K yesterday that I did, I averaged 10:53 per mile.  My last mile today was 9:55 - GASP GASP GASP! - keeping pace with this guy, and I did manage to stay with him all the way - but I think he could have gone even faster, and was actually being easy on me. Joking  Nice guy, we had a nice chat. He plans on returning to San Antonio in the future, so I gave him my work number and we'll get together for another run on his return visit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning, I ran the Mass Ave Mile in 8:07, a whole second faster than last yearSmile After some light post-race grub, I went to the gym, where I did weights, push-ups, ab work, and an hour on the AMT.

Basya, you are just too darn disciplined!  Don't you ever have a lazy day? Joking

FreeSoul87, excellent ten-miler.

Rondog65, bravo on the eight.

SIAR, it was more humid this year.

Zelanie, great 4.25.

B-Plus, excellent eighteen. I envy your temperatures.

Rick, terrific ten.

Jay, have a pleasant LR.

Marjorie, 20.1 blow my mind. Awesome.

scottydawg, smoking! Lazy day? Working with kids, definitely not, LOL.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

20.1 for me today.

Marjorie, you just can't make yourself do a "round/even" number of miles, can you?  You just have to get that "point-something' in!
                    After much research, I finally figured out why,  Marjorie:  you have 'arithmaphobia", the fear of numbers/certain numbers.  If you don't get that "point-something" in added to the miles number, you have this fear that something bad will happen!   So every run you do, when you get to the end of it, you emphatically have to make a point of it!

Fear not, sweet lady, there is help available.  Call 1-800-NOPOINT!  Call right now and free yourself of that necessary decimal and then get out there and do some running that is TOTALLY pointless!  You CAN be free of this monkey on your back, Marjorie!  Call right now,, don't delay another second.  Make a point of it!

Wink Joking

Just teasin', of course.  Congrats on your 20...POINT ONE!  Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty you are funny!

If I hadn't really needed water I'd have gone for 21 to 22. But at 18,1 i was 2 miles from home and needed water. Not disparate bit my body was 'hey, water would be nice!  I was soaked beyond soaked so yes I needed it. Had 80oz water as soon as I got home.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Fall and Winter are only a couple months away people......... I hope I am not the only one whose excited about this.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Marjorie, you just can't make yourself do a "round/even" number of miles, can you?  You just have to get that "point-something' in!
                          After much research, I finally figured out why,  Marjorie:  you have 'arithmaphobia", the fear of numbers/certain numbers.  If you don't get that "point-something" in added to the miles number, you have this fear that something bad will happen!   So every run you do, when you get to the end of it, you emphatically have to make a point of it!

Fear not, sweet lady, there is help available.  Call 1-800-NOPOINT!  Call right now and free yourself of that necessary decimal and then get out there and do some running that is TOTALLY pointless!  You CAN be free of this monkey on your back, Marjorie!  Call right now,, don't delay another second.  Make a point of it!

Wink Joking

Just teasin', of course.  Congrats on your 20...POINT ONE!  Big grin

Omg I have that too only I need to end my runs in whole numbers. I tried to call that number but it didn't use a 2 3 5 or 9 and I couldn't leave those guys left out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have no Fall and Winter is 7 months away, so I cannot be excited yet....

Fall and Winter are only a couple months away people......... I hope I am not the only one whose excited about this.

Damaris

I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of said seasons.

Baboon

delicate flower

Maybe a trail run later.  And maybe a bike ride.  Maybe either, both, or neither.  Maybe some shopping, maybe lunch with an Oski, maybe a nap later.  

DONE and DONE and DONE with the MBC.  3.6 mile trail run that ended up being about 50% road due to taking a wrong turn at Albuquerque, followed immediately by a 20 mile bike ride.  Not a particularly hard effort with either one, but still enough to be tiring.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Going to retry my run in an hour, I had a late large lunch that hadn't quite settled. Stopped after a mile, if it had been a shorter runs would have suffered through but my runs have been so bad lately I figured it would be smarter to try again in a bit.