Beginners and Beyond

Dailies: The MONDAY Edition. (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eaten alive?  Tadly exaggerated? Joking

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nope, not exaggerating at all lol. His arms are spewing pus and it's now on his stomach and going to his legs, it looks nasty and if I had the time I would post images from yesterday though the arms are worse today.

Eaten alive?  Tadly exaggerated? Joking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Yesterday, during the 5-hour drive home from the Imogene Pass Run (RR any day now...) I was in an empty, boring part of the state and all the roads heading south were Mesa this or Mesa that.  So on a whim, I hung a right on a dirt road, drove a while until I was in the middle of nowhere, and decided to have a second go at my first time doubling.  Turns out my rib doesn't hurt when I'm running; just when I do damn near anything else !  I started out planning to go for an hour, but ended up doing two.  Turns out flat and boring mesas are the perfect place to just get your Gump on and run.

Sat : 17 miles

Sun : 3 miles + 10 miles

And today my legs feel sore, in a good way.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Dailies.

Did 10.5 this am.  Dealing with family drama and it just sucks.

I have to say that having a 72 year old and 47 year old acting like they are 5 is getting old very quickly

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, not exaggerating at all lol. His arms are spewing pus and it's now on his stomach and going to his legs, it looks nasty and if I had the time I would post images from yesterday though the arms are worse today.

Ouch.

Damaris

LRB

My whole body hurts. All of it. I can barely walk. So glad I'm not at work today.

I am not sure which was worse, the day after my first marathon, or the day after any of my longest long runs!

Whatever you decide to do or not do, the best feeling is knowing that it is over!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I won't go near him. I feel sorry for him being a man though, to pee he's got to actually touch his penis with his hands lol. Or do what Seann Williams Scott does in Rundown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38pAIebAZWA

Ouch.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

YAYpril - B-Plus

I am not sure which was worse, the day after my first marathon, or the day after any of my longest long runs!

Whatever you decide to do or not do, the best feeling is knowing that it is over!

Today is the most painful post-run day I have ever experienced, by far! I know I should make myself move but I can't bring myself to do it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Today is the most painful post-run day I have ever experienced, by far! I know I should make myself move but I can't bring myself to do it.

That run will help.  Now the pushups and situps?  Not sure.  Ha.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

If you haven't already, try taking a warm bath with epsom salts.  If you're low on Magnesium, it'll soak right into you and ease some of the pain.

After that, a cold beer.   Oh, if only it wasn't a work day I would so be there...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

That run will help

I am not sure I could run the day after either of my two marathons, but I am 100% certain I did not want to.  In fact, I would not have run a single mile for 100 dollars!  lol

The theory is sound there is no disputing that, but I personally like the idea of completely stepping away from running after I run a marathon.  I took 7 days off, then 5 days after each of mine respectively.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am not sure I could run the day after either of my two marathons, but I am 100% certain I did not want to.  In fact, I would not have run a single mile for 100 dollars!  lol

The theory is sound there is no disputing that, but I personally like the idea of completely stepping away from running after I run a marathon.  I took 7 days off, then 5 days after each of mine respectively.

That does not work when someone is participating of a streak group, as she is. Joking

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice new avatar, Oksi!  And that one won't put your eye out... Wink

Good luck with the 8 miles, Damaris.  Hope you feel better.  Hey, at least for now, you have some cold in Miami. Joking

Congrats on your high mileage week, SUS!

Happy tapering this week, Phil, in anticipation of your HM this weekend.

Walk down any stairs backwards, April!  Nice shirt!  I'm assuming you bought the shirt as a present, and not the model....

Sorry about the foot, Andrew; glad you can still run.  8 miles on the TM...you have a lot of patience!

Hope you get your new shoes today, Zelanie!

Wow, lots going on at your house, FreeSoul!  Hope everyone feels better and gets some sleep soon!   Your DH didn't go to the doc for the poison ivy?   I recall when I was a kid I got a staph infection from that stuff, yuk.  Doc gave me some kind of benadryl thingy, which definitely helped with the itching, itc. so your DH might check into that with his doc.

Nice exploring, jj!  However, glad you did not fall OFF the mesa, or your legs would have been really sore!  And not in a good way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't think she's exaggerating, Damaris.  That's the way mine was when I was a kid and had the staph infection from it.  FreeSoul, if it's that bad, hopefully he has seen a doc, cuz if not, you can get some other serious side complications from it if it's not treated correctly.  Make him go!   If he hems and haws, tell him one of the potential side effects is...impotence! Shocked  I bet that gets him going there... Wink

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Lol, I won't go near him. I feel sorry for him being a man though, to pee he's got to actually touch his penis with his hands lol. Or do what Seann Williams Scott does in Rundown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38pAIebAZWA

The doc can fit him right up with a catheter... and then all he has to do is 'unzip and shake..."

If he won't do that, you and he may have to negotiate....