Beginners and Beyond

Hoppy Sundailies (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 super early this am. It was much cooler this am. Still only 50s was 40s when I ran. Perfect weather.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Happy Sunday!  Apparently He is risen today, unlike most of you people on this Sunday morning.  OMG wake up!  I think this is the first time in my life on a major holiday that I am alone and have no plans, and I tell ya I am not complaining!  Wife is out of town and I have no family plans.  Stores are open, so I'll finish up the food shopping then clean the house (it needs it).

I hit the gym early this morning for some upper body work, and I had a pretty darn good workout.  Today's run schedule calls for an hour easy, but I'll probably stretch it out a little further because it's going to be a beautiful day and I got all day to do nothing.  Smile

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am officially over 4,000 miles as of this morning!!!!

Rocky and I ran 10.2 miles, not sure if Rocky wasn't feel good or whatever but he was lagging from mile 2 on to the end.... not a big lag but he was wanting a pace around 10 min/mile while my body was wanting something around 9:30 min/mile, he didn't have any issues when I'd get him on the grass but sadly that was only 75% of the run. After our run, he had to poop....a lot, not sure why he wouldn't during the run We still managed 10.2 miles in 1:39:23.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hoppy Easter!

Work until 4, and then I'll have to run out in the fresh snow because the place with the TMs is closed.

LRB

Still waiting on Spring here in the Motor City.  Anyone seen him you tell him Big Trick is looking for his ass.

LRB

I have miles to run but am nursing a really sore and swollen bruise on my lower left front shin just above my hoof.  It did not dawn on me until after yesterday's run, but I hit it on something (I cannot remember what for the life of me) Friday at work and it did not bother me until after my run at the track.

It has hurt to walk on it, but I am hoping as these things sometimes go it will not be so bad to run on it. We will know soon enough...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  12 with the last 6 at MP + 10% done.  Last 3 on the TM as it was too sunny and warm.  Good run.

Damaris

B-Plus

Heading out to carry fluids on the last 14 of 18.

happylily

Happy Easter Sunday and Passover!

I did not run yesterday, I was hosting a brunch that lasted all day. I went to bed more exhausted than I was after my 20 miler on Friday. My DD, the rebellious free spirit of the family, made a point to let my granddaughter (who can now walk, woohoo!!!) walk around the house with clumps of creamy Easter cake in her fists and I was not allowed to say anything, for fear of triggering DD's wrath. Today I have to assess the damages and clean everything up.

I will run 10 easy miles at some point today.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

I have miles to run but am nursing a really sore and swollen bruise on my lower left front shin just above my hoof.  It did not dawn on me until after yesterday's run, but I hit it on something (I cannot remember what for the life of me) Friday at work and it did not bother me until after my run at the track.

It has hurt to walk on it, but I am hoping as these things sometimes go it will not be so bad to run on it. We will know soon enough...

Ah I'm the queen of sensitive shins - between all my shin splint incidents and how often I whack my legs on things without realizing it, I feel your pain!

I was thinking about running today but I ran 40 miles over 5 days this week, which is huge for me, so I'm going to take my SRD as planned. I have some calf knots to smoosh out and will do some core stuff, then ESU with extended family this afternoon. I made a banana cream pie with homemade custard, I would cut into it right now but I suppose it's a little rude to bring a used pie to a party :P

Zelanie

I was not allowed to say anything, for fear of triggering DD's wrath. 

I was really hoping that went away after they're no longer teenagers. 

Today I have 5-6 recovery miles.

From the Internet.

Happy Easter Sunday and Passover!

I did not run yesterday, I was hosting a brunch that lasted all day. I went to bed more exhausted than I was after my 20 miler on Friday. My DD, the rebellious free spirit of the family, made a point to let my granddaughter (who can now walk, woohoo!!!) walk around the house with clumps of creamy Easter cake in her fists and I was not allowed to say anything, for fear of triggering DD's wrath. Today I have to assess the damages and clean everything up.

I will run 10 easy miles at some point today.

OH HAIL NAW, that would not fly in my house! Yuck, I'm sorry you have to deal with the damages today!

outoftheblue

My family is still sleeping in.  I've got the brunch casserole in the oven, so hopefully they awaken soon.  Another RD for me.  I've resolved not to run another step until my hamstrings feel 100% great.  It's tough, because my farm is on a hilly piece of land, so walking up the steep hill to the area where my animals and garden are a few times a day kind of irritates them.  But running on top of that isn't helping.  I'm kind of glad I did that race now, as I brought home to me how much I want to be able to train and race again without worrying that I'm aggravating some niggle.

FS -- great picture of you and Rocky and congrats on the milestone.

Life is good.

Cyberic

15.2 miles at 8mm.