Beginners and Beyond

Hoppy Sundailies (Read 48 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.  9.3 hilly and windy miles at an easy effort.  I then went out in search of lunch.  Best I could do for open restaurants was Easter brunch at a local sandwich shop.  I proceeded to ESU, as seen on the facebooks.  I felt kind of funny ordering.  "I'll have the pancakes.  And a side of two eggs.  And a side of bacon.  And a coffee."  The girl looked at me funny.  She just has no idea...

<3

Hip Redux

Hip Redux

5 miles, my longest run since 2/14.  Woo hoo!  I don't suppose that's enough to justify ESU, but I intend to later, anyway.  Feasting with the in-laws.

Back feeling ok?

Cyberic

7 with 3 at HM pace.

I go back and forth with what day I do my longer runs. Since the time change, I've been doing them Friday & Sunday. In the fall, I tend to do them on Saturday afternoon since DH is occupied watching college football. Although the way his team has done the last few years, he has lost interest midway through the season.

Happylily, ugh on the house cleaning.

LRB, I think you could look really bad-ass if you show up to a race on a motorcycle.

What about seeing someone on a motorcycle wearing manpris. That would not qualify as bad-ass in my book.

LRB

LRB, I think you could look really bad-ass if you show up to a race on a motorcycle.

I have done that once, June 5, 2011. My very first race!

And no those are not pants.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I ran.  9.3 hilly and windy miles at an easy effort.  I then went out in search of lunch.  Best I could do for open restaurants was Easter brunch at a local sandwich shop.  I proceeded to ESU, as seen on the facebooks.  And the day ain't over yet.

ESU! Nice work, Baboon!

No running for me, just 9.5 miles this week. On the bright side I am starting to see some results from my core work.

Just some toning here and there, but I'm going "Hey, I didn't know there was a muscle there." Good stuff.

Happy Easter, Dailies.

LRB

The girl looked at me funny.  She just has no idea...

Yeah that's kind of what we do.

You have done well, and made me hungry in the process!

Hip Redux

Hey, LRB and D - thought you might like this.  F&F7 Behind the Scenes

Zelanie

Google hallux rigidus and see whether you have the symptoms.  If so, I've had it for 7 years.  PM me if it is and you have questions.  I would go to a podiatrist to get it checked just to find out what it is.

Maybe.  It feels stiff, but I can move it up more than the description sounds like I should.  I am still in bitch and complain wait and see mode for now, have a few other appointments to get through before I schedule more.

Little Blue

Back feeling ok?

Actually, no.  I had to stop and stretch twice, and it was still HM tired at the end of 5.  Not sure what to do, it isn't getting any better.  My new massage girl is in the chiro's office, maybe I'll see him and see if he can offer words of wisdom.  Thanks for asking.

Hip Redux

Actually, no.  I had to stop and stretch twice, and it was still HM tired at the end of 5.  Not sure what to do, it isn't getting any better.  My new massage girl is in the chiro's office, maybe I'll see him and see if he can offer words of wisdom.  Thanks for asking.

well that's a bummer!  Worth seeing a physical therapist?

LRB

Hey, LRB and D - thought you might like this.  F&F7 Behind the Scenes

Tyrese's character was hilarious during that segment, and also in Abu Dahbi where he suggested starting a new race called Blarab; black Arab. Bahahahaha.

Little Blue

I've suggested to my walking buddy that we go on his bike.  He's certain that he couldn't even get on it after a race, much less ride it safely.

Little Blue

well that's a bummer!  Worth seeing a physical therapist?

DH has been seeing this chiro for a shoulder issue, and a lot of what he's doing borders on PT.  I'm thinking he might be useful.

LRB

Not sure what to do, it isn't getting any better. 

After any sort of significant layoff, you should expect to build back up to where you were, not necessarily pickup where you left off (not that you are thinking that).

My last stint on the bench resulted in me thinking my back was going to break after a 4 mile run.  It wasn't until many 4 mile runs that I felt comfortable and more importantly confident in running 5 and 6 miles.

You will get there, just not all in one shot.