Beginners and Beyond

Hoppy Sundailies (Read 48 times)

Little Blue

After any sort of significant layoff, you should expect to build back up to where you were, not necessarily pickup where you left off (not that you are thinking that).

My last stint on the bench resulted in me thinking my back was going to break after a 4 mile run.  It wasn't until many 4 mile runs that I felt comfortable and more importantly confident in running 5 and 6 miles.

You will get there, just not all in one shot.

But it's not just running. The other day, I spent an hour standing at my dining room table, sorting through some files.  It felt like I had been standing all day.  It's been 5 or 6 weeks since I hurt it, something is not normal.  Oddly enough, I can work 4-5 hours straight cutting grass, pruning shrubs, etc, and never give it a second thought. 

Cyberic

“If one could run without getting tired I don’t think one would often want to do anything else” – C.S Lewis

Cheezy, but where else can I post this?

Cyberic

I have had that for the past two weeks. It kills me to sneeze, laugh hard or cough.  Nicole and I are at a complete loss as to what is causing it. My only guess is it has something to do with stride length but who knows.

I've been feeling pain when I sneeze for a while: combination of groin and lower abdominals

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't get why people do a LR on Saturday when the race is a Sunday but if the race is a Saturday, it makes sense.  I cannot wake up at 6am on Saturday after a weekday from hell.

Some of us have erratic schedules and may have to do our long runs on whichever day(s) we have off. My LR this week will probably be Wednesday, though I did get in 10.4 miles today, which qualifies as a long run for me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe.  It feels stiff, but I can move it up more than the description sounds like I should.  I am still in bitch and complain wait and see mode for now, have a few other appointments to get through before I schedule more.

There are different levels, as I can lift more than it says as well (Google hallux limitus which I think is the milder form).  It's basically arthritis in the toe.  Good luck!

Damaris

Little Blue

“If one could run without getting tired I don’t think one would often want to do anything else” – C.S Lewis

Cheezy, but where else can I post this?

Apparently C.S. Lewis didn't know the pleasure of ESU.

LRB

But it's not just running. The other day, I spent an hour standing at my dining room table, sorting through some files.  It felt like I had been standing all day. 

My right hip gives out if I stand still for longer than 20 minutes, my SI joint will wake-up if it is any longer than that. Core work has helped with the hip but yeah that is really frustrating.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tyrese's character was hilarious during that segment, and also in Abu Dahbi where he suggested starting a new race called Blarab; black Arab. Bahahahaha.

LOL.  And then Ludacris with the U Can't Touch This, LMFAO.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But it's not just running. The other day, I spent an hour standing at my dining room table, sorting through some files.  It felt like I had been standing all day.  It's been 5 or 6 weeks since I hurt it, something is not normal.  Oddly enough, I can work 4-5 hours straight cutting grass, pruning shrubs, etc, and never give it a second thought. 

Standing and not moving is worse for the back than moving.  Hope you can figure it out.

Damaris

LRB

I've been feeling pain when I sneeze for a while: combination of groin and lower abdominals

Yep, I stop everything I am doing and pre-bend to lessen the force. At its worst last year, I would prevent myself from sneezing at all costs!

Little Blue

Standing and not moving is worse for the back than moving.  Hope you can figure it out.

Standing bothers it.  Running bothers it.  Everything in between is OK. 

Little Blue

Yep, I stop everything I am doing and pre-bend to lessen the force. At its worst last year, I would prevent myself from sneezing at all costs!

Geez, is that not something to have looked at?

LRB

Geez, is that not something to have looked at?

Groin muscles are finicky. Unless torn (so a repair can be made) there is not much you can do with them. Massage helps, but asking for a groin massage takes a bit of courage if you know what I mean. lol 

Little Blue

Groin muscles are finicky. Unless torn (so a repair can be made) there is not much you can do with them. Massage helps, but asking for a groin massage takes a bit of courage if you know what I mean. lol 

Yeah, my other massage guy is really good but really discrete.  He has ways of ensuring that nothing can be misconstrued.

Torn groin muscle sounds awful.

Cyberic

Yep, I stop everything I am doing and pre-bend to lessen the force.

Exactly. Does it make it better someone else is sharing my pain? Not really, lol