Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #22 (Read 35 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I came home from work after 3 hours. I could barely stand, my hands were numb and I ached all over , plus lightheaded af. That was the worst pain ever, as intense as when I got chicken pox at age 29.

Um, maybe a doctor's visit is in order to check out the numbness and lightheadedness......

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Um, maybe a doctor's visit is in order to check out the numbness and lightheadedness......

+1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I came home from work after 3 hours. I could barely stand, my hands were numb and I ached all over , plus lightheaded af. That was the worst pain ever, as intense as when I got chicken pox at age 29.

Oh, no! feel better!

Damaris

onemile

yeah this sounds kind of concerning

LRB

Thanks, I considered it! Men usually get kicked out of health care facilities though for fear of infecting pregnant women, seniors and children. I know that from experience after setting off a code red one year. First order of business was to get home and in bed and off my feet. Currently have a thermometer and will jet the hell up out of here at anything over 102 per the pharmacist. Took a Vicodin and will alternate Ibuprofen every 3 hours with acetaminophen. I feel much better than an hour ago, the onset was INTENSE! 😭

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thanks, I considered it! Men usually get kicked out of health care facilities though for fear of infecting pregnant women, seniors and children. I know that from experience after setting off a code red one year. First order of business was to get home and in bed and off my feet. Currently have a thermometer and will jet the hell up out of here at anything over 102 per the pharmacist. Took a Vicodin and will alternate Ibuprofen every 3 hours with acetaminophen. I feel much better than an hour ago, the onset was INTENSE! 😭

I think it you mention numbness and lightheadedness, especially hands and arms, they'll pay attention.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

yeah this sounds kind of concerning

+1, go now.

Especially since this year they are saying the virus is pretty bad. You don't want to die, right???

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I ran 8 miles this morning, just before 9 AM.

It was 25 degrees and sunny, probably didn't need the jacket, oh well...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lrb...Feel better! I'm with you and avoid the doctor's office at all costs (mainly because I feel like even with insurance I just pay a bunch and still stay sick forever), but there comes a point when you just have to go.

I actually completed a run yesterday...all 3.1 miles of it. My calf still aches, but the knot getting get to the point where it felt like it was going to rip, so that was promising. I'll try another slog tonight and see what happens.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I might have to head to a doctor myself if the shoulder pain does not get better by next week, sigh.

Damaris

DavePNW

6 miles in the rain.

Dave

GinnyinPA

D - what did you do to your shoulder? Was it hurt when you fell?

LRB - a doctor visit may be a good idea. Do you have someone who can drive you?

Onemile - I hope you feel better soon.

I ran 5.1 easy miles this afternoon. It was a beautiful day - 36 and sunny, with no wind.

RunningOnSand

LRB, all those symptoms really do sound concerning. Please do go in. 

onemile, glad you are feeling better. Hoping you continue the upward trend. You too, SIAR. Glad you could get out for some miles, hope your calf starts to behave. Docket, what’s this with your shoulder pain? I would have thought you’d be talking about your knee. 

wolvmar, yay for all your dd’s  studying paying off. And my kids are younger, and I still have no idea tf they are talking about homework wise. 

cyber, did you end up going to the indoor track? Or any more thoughts about skipping a spring race?

i did strength training this morning (which marks 3 solid weeks of 2x/wk at at least 35 min per time), and then did cruise intervals. 6.3 total miles w 3 x 0.5mi @ what i think T pace is, with 4min jog recoveries. Easing back into workouts has proven to be a good decision on my part, because I’m not hating them, and they’re not super hard. Yet. Achilles held up—did some dynamic stretching/warmup before the run and I think that helped. I’m sure the Achilles is also happy I’m taking it pretty slow and easing back into things. 

im tempted to sign up For IMM. 😳🤯🤪

RunningOnSand

I ran 5.1 easy miles this afternoon. It was a beautiful day - 36 and sunny, with no wind.

Sounds perfect.