Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #22 (Read 35 times)

sdWhiskers

I'm sure everyone was wondering how my Windows 10 dumpster fire has been going. 2 weeks later and I'm about 70% functional. Of course, that has required ~1 hour of my time per day watching IT remote into my computer. I'm convinced the majority of their job is clearing cookies and checking compatibility settings, whatever that means.

We receive shipments from scientists in China quite regularly. Including Wuhan which is site of patient zero for this outbreak. I opened up a box in dry ice today...hoping I don't get LRB symptoms!

RunningOnSand

6 miles in the rain.

will it be raining now through March/April?

LRB

It's the same crap that's affected the entire office since December, I was just the last to get it and obviously for me, it was worse than child birth. 

RunningOnSand

I'm sure everyone was wondering how my Windows 10 dumpster fire has been going. 2 weeks later and I'm about 70% functional. Of course, that has required ~1 hour of my time per day watching IT remote into my computer. I'm convinced the majority of their job is clearing cookies and checking compatibility settings, whatever that means.

We receive shipments from scientists in China quite regularly. Including Wuhan which is site of patient zero for this outbreak. I opened up a box in dry ice today...hoping I don't get LRB symptoms!

I have been wondering, actually. Glad you’re up to 70%—initially I had thought it would have been months before it was mostly fixed. Sucky that you are still having to deal with IT peeps on your computer (omg an hour a day?!?). Do they say anything about when you’ll be 100%?

RunningOnSand

It's the same crap that's affected the entire office since December, I was just the last to get it and obviously for me, it was worse than child birth. 

Which means you need assistance! Childbirth is excruciating. 🥺

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D - what did you do to your shoulder? Was it hurt when you fell?

Yeah, it's the shoulder of the side I skinned my knee so I think I fell on it or tried to break my fall with it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So the diagnosis is man flu then? 

Hope you're no longer feeling as bad as when you wrote that comment.

Damaris

LRB

Eek!

Cyberic

Skipped the lunch workout, and will probably not go tomorrow either. I want to run outside, ffs!

sdWhiskers

Just no. Unless a year from now, you are still dealing with the aftermath!

LRB

So the diagnosis is man flu then? 

Hope you're no longer feeling as bad as when you wrote that comment.

Apparently, that is a thing.

LRB

I got chicken pox at 20 yo and I was solidly feverish, achy, and hallucinating (for real) for like 3-4 days. It was as bad or worse as when I got the H1N1 flu at 30 something yo, although hard to compare with over 10 years between the two.

Point is I can imagine how bad you were feeling.

I didn't hallucinate but can totally see it, CP was the worse thing I've ever experienced in my life. There was a 48 hour period or so where I felt like I had the plague!

sdWhiskers

I didn't hallucinate but can totally see it, CP was the worse thing I've ever experienced in my life. There was a 48 hour period or so where I felt like I had the plague!

I've never (knowingly) had it but have been vaccinated and have had shingles

LRB

I've never (knowingly) had it but have been vaccinated and have had shingles

Weird, and good! I've never had shingles but apparently it is also worse later in life. Yay me.

DavePNW

will it be raining now through March/April?

Pretty much.

Dave