Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #11 (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The margarita is for tomorrow. It will be harder this year since we are not passing by Mexico this year. We are working on a margarita mule as we speak lol.

Both my parents are OK and have power.

Damaris

DavePNW

25:19 which is a 20 sec 5k PR. Woohoo!! Starting off 2020 right. And first time in awhile that it was still in the 40's at the end of a race here. I wore LS, shorts and gloves, and have no regrets.

Felt pretty good. I mean it sucked in the way 5ks do, but I didn't want to quit and walk at any point. So maybe some progress mentally.  Came home to a pile of delicious French toast. Now we golf.

Dave

DavePNW

That went better than expected, 45:28, measured 5.1. I've only done 2 other 5 mile races. PR was 46 something on a course in the Campus Hills neighborhood. Other one was in Druid Hill Park. This one was at the beach area of Gunpowder State Park, so it is mostly flat. My tank top chafed my underarms, which is not something I expect to be saying in January 3 days after a snow day.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Whiskers, Docket and HC - great races!

Docket - glad to hear your parents are ok

Ran 4 this morning around 7:30am.  Beat LRB out the door by a few hours which was a good thing.  It was about 50 degrees with a steady rain, but not a downpour, and almost no wind.  Was actually pretty nice; I like running in the rain as long as I'm not cold. Shorts and a light long sleeve shirt over a light short sleeve top worked well.  It's now in the 30s and windy, as LRB noted; not so nice...

I'm not a big NFL fan, seeing as there's been almost no professional football in Detroit for my entire life, but I do enjoy the playoffs so looking forward to the games.  And a beer or two while watching!  Probably a Hopslam (Bell's) and/or some kind of barrel-aged stout.

DavePNW

10 miles with the running group. I’m glad I did it. Interesting route and some good chats. Ended up being a bit slower than I would have liked, but I guess that never hurt anyone. I’m going to try to make it a regular Saturday thing, and turn that into my LR day. This was actually my first double-digit run since the marathon over a month ago, and there was no sign of knee or hamstring pain. Which was the best part of it. Hopefully I can start building back up in earnest.

After the run, my Garmin went haywire. I went to sync it to my phone, and the “phone connected” message came up. And stayed stuck on it. Including the buzzing. I tried pressing every combination of buttons to turn that off or reset it completely, to no avail. And it stayed there, buzzing, for literally about 45 minutes. Finally it shut itself off. I was bummed that I’d be losing the run data, but even more worried that I’d be in the market for a new Garmin. Which really is not in the budget right now. But I turned it back on and the run was miraculously still there, and synced up OK. Hopefully that was just a one-time glitch, but this thing is pushing 5 years old so I already feel like it’s on borrowed time.

Dave

DavePNW

Probably a Hopslam (Bell's) and/or some kind of barrel-aged stout.

Good choices.

Dave

Cyberic

25:19 which is a 20 sec 5k PR.

Excellent! Congratulations to all 3 racers!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

...there was no sign of knee or hamstring pain...

That's good news!

Cyberic

Too much Google... I was kinda freeking out thinking I might have a dry socket, so I called my dentist and he told me to come in to reassure me. He showed me with a mirror and explained everything. All is going according to plan. No charge. My dentist is a prince.

LRB

I'm remembering when Boon gave you a half of star or something like that after a tough run way back in the days of stars. It was so funny!

LRB

LRB

Excellent! Congratulations to all 3 racers!

+1

LRB

Ran 4 this morning around 7:30am.  Beat LRB out the door by a few hours which was a good thing.  It was about 50 degrees with a steady rain, but not a downpour, and almost no wind.  Was actually pretty nice; I like running in the rain as long as I'm not cold. Shorts and a light long sleeve shirt over a light short sleeve top worked well.  It's now in the 30s and windy, as LRB noted; not so nice...

Yes, I totally missed it. 

LRB

oh I guess I have premium then..

Are you running to power next week or was there not enough time to experiment with that this cycle?

RunningOnSand

Docket, hope you hear from your parents soon. Did you finish Disney with a margarita?

ROS, do you have a baclava? DH got me one last year and the few days when it is bitter cold here, it made a big difference. Only problem I have with it is when I pull it over my nose, my sunglasses fog up.

This is the same issue I have (yes, I do have one--I've only worn it once or twice b/c of that). Actually I really should pull it out and try it again.