Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin Cookie Thursday (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

It's National Cookie Day!(must resist)

PADRunner

5 Done this morning. Legs are sore from the sprint drills Tuesday night but it felt good to run.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD and Pengs.  Glad you got the 5 in.

We are going to the movies this afternoon, so our streak run will be our first run in the dark.  It will be very short.

Have a great day !!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have weights, Pilates, and a run with hubby tonight.

Damaris

tracilynn

I was suppose to run this morning but I hit snooze... a lot. Now I'm mad at myself. Now I have to run tonight in the dark.  BLAH.  But I do get to enjoy the Christmas lights around the neighborhood.

Done with season 3 of Walking Dead. It's getting REALLY GOOD!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  Mmm, cookies!!  I'm planning on making a fruit pizza this weekend, with a cookie dough base, so that'll have to do.  I have a chorus gig tonight, so I'll bail out of work a bit early so that I can run by WalMart and get more lipstick, get home and get dressed, and take our 25 Christmas scarves to the performance to complete our costume.  Woo-hoo!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 5!!

Jerryb -- the movies sounds like fun, what are you going to see?

Docket -- enjoy your busy athletic evening!!

traci -- hope the Christmas lights inspire your run!!

And for obie ... ORIFICE!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

HsM, "Foxcatcher".  We try to see all of the Best Picture nominees.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

The rain is done but everything is completely soaked and dirty from the mud that washed down. No homes or anything were damaged, so that's nice. After two days off I will finally get out for a run today, hopefully seven miles. Ironically, my legs and arms are sore from carrying all those sandbags. Working different muscles, I suppose.

See ya.

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM, "Foxcatcher".  We try to see all of the Best Picture nominees.

Boy, I am so out of popular culture!  I haven't even heard of this one.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Will head out for 5 shortly.  I'm debating whether or not to make it a hill workout (run over Queensboro bridge and back) or just do my standard flat route.

Traci - is the walking dead available on netflix or hulu?  I don't have cable.

Jack - glad to hear that everything worked out with your house!

DR - how often do you run with DH?   I'm trying to get mine committed to some sort of training plan =D  Usually I sign him up for races (or distances up to 10k) and he'll run a few times the week or two before and then still beat me during the race =/  I figure if he's running regularly then at least I won't feel as bad when he smokes me.

PAD - who do you do sprint drills with?

HsM - fruit pizza... could be healthy, except for that cookie base =D

Jerry - enjoy the movie

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

sapf: I am pretty sure it's on Netflix. Another one I have been enjoying is "Lilyhammer." It has some subtitles so if that doesn't bother you, it may be worth a look.

PADRunner

PAD - who do you do sprint drills with?

I have group training on Tuesdays. This week we did a 5 person 600m relay each person did about 9x120m all out and rest in between legs for a group total of 6k in 17:30 something I think. It felt great to run all out like that but sore from it.

A second group did the same but for 10k.

GinnyinPA

I need a cookie.

PAD -that sounds like a hard workout - no wonder you're sore.  Good job on the five recovery though.

Jerry - enjoy your movie.  I haven't heard of it either, but that's not surprising as we never go to the movies.

Damaris - enjoy your gym time and run with DH.

Traci - a couple of the nearby running clubs do Christmas light group runs.  I'm hoping the one in town will do one soon, because I was still coming back from injury last December and couldn't go and I really wanted to. We get to see the neighborhood lights when we walk Ben, but I'd like to see more of the town ones too.

HM - have fun at your concert tonight.  I've never heard of fruit pizza, but it sounds good.  Anything with a cookie base has to be good, right?

Jack - It'll probably take a few days to really loosen all the sore muscles from the sandbag moving, but running easy should help a little.  I'm glad the rains have moved off.

sapf - hills are always a good idea - unless you have hamstring injury, then they hurt.  OTOH, going over the bridge probably depends on what the wind is doing.

AFM:  I think we're going out to look for a Christmas tree this afternoon, so I'll probably only run a couple of miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sapf, three times a week. I either do my miles before or after running with him but I usually use an easy run day to run with him. During marathon training, I run with him so long as they are not more than Inhave to run that day.  His slower pace helps me recover from marathons better.

Weights done.  Now to eat.

Damaris

obiebyke

HsM, you made my day. I took the day off today. I was planning to do tabata but my cramps are giving me couch-sitting ideas. We shall see.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)