Beginners and Beyond

All-Star MonDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Holy crap, who is looking at a slew of 80 mile weeks...  This guy!

And during June-Sept!  yay

VDot tested out right at goal of last plan. ie: right where I should be at this point.

Gonna go put down an hour of running.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

VDot tested out right at goal of last plan. ie: right where I should be at this point.

I've heard of that test before, but I'm not sure of the procedures. Do they do 3.5% incline on a TM and then increase speed until 10mph and then start increasing incline? How long are you running during this whole test?

On a totally unrelated note: I just got off a conference call. Towards the end one of the people on the phone accidentally conferenced us in with an order processing place for some order he was placing on his other line. We just let them talk, but the CSR was talking pretty quickly for about 2 full minutes. As someone in the meeting said, I bet he's glad it was for something that sounded to be like a phone instead of his doctor talking about some rash. Smile

- Andrew

MothAudio

Good morning LRB! Sunday: 4 miles 42:56 - 10:44 avg. pace - recovery. Butt still draggin' from last week. Don't know what my run will look like - find out soon enough. All-Star week isn't getting off to the start I was hoping. I'd be happy to run 1/2 the mileage I did last year :> Last week of school for MIDI- Moth but the rainy forecast may spoil our plans to hit the pool. Run inspired!

10 miles 1:42:35 - 10:15 avg. pace - easy + mile cooldown A.M. / maybe more later w/the boys

Holy crap, who is looking at a slew of 80 mile weeks... This guy!  And during June-Sept! yay 

This is what all of us should be doing.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

outoftheblue

Cheering the All-Stars on from the sidelines.   GO Lunars!!!!

Like some others, I'm going to be taking this as a rest/cut-back week.   Maybe next year.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I've heard of that test before, but I'm not sure of the procedures. Do they do 3.5% incline on a TM and then increase speed until 10mph and then start increasing incline? How long are you running during this whole test?

On a totally unrelated note: I just got off a conference call. Towards the end one of the people on the phone accidentally conferenced us in with an order processing place for some order he was placing on his other line. We just let them talk, but the CSR was talking pretty quickly for about 2 full minutes. As someone in the meeting said, I bet he's glad it was for something that sounded to be like a phone instead of his doctor talking about some rash. Smile

Typically, you start at a walk on the T-mill at 1% and slowly ramp up the speed of the mill until you either plateau on your V-dot curve or until you just have to quit.  On most t-mills that max out at 10mph with a relatively quick runner, you must increase the workload by increasing the slope.  ie: % of rise.

As far as how long you are running, it depends on the athlete, in my case the test was for right at 15 minutes.  Only the last 5 minuets were at '10 speed' and increasing angle.  (btw: slope % really ramps up the workload/ difficulty very quickly.   Me running at max speed and 4% grade is work but I can do it for quite a long time.  However 6% grade very quickly (40 seconds) burns - lungs and legs after ramping up to it.

HAH @ conference call.

LRB

I would imagine Moon that having someone there monitoring you boosts your performance a bit as well or allows you to push a bit furher at the end.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I ended up with 7 miles, a few slow strides, and 30 push-ups. I need to start on the core and push-ups seemed to do the trick.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I would imagine Moon that having someone there monitoring you boosts your performance a bit as well or allows you to push a bit furher at the end.

Yup, accountability is a big boost.

LRB

Just left my physical trainer, my legs and hips feel like octopus arms!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Too much meatloaf and potatoes makes this guy miserable. I seriously need to half my portion for tomorrow.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Too much meatloaf and potatoes makes this guy miserable. I seriously need to half my portion for tomorrow.

Cutting down on food?  Blasphemy!

Damaris

happylily

FedEx came this morning with my Lululemon shorts. I think I need to go on a diet...  No muffin top, but what do you call it when the leg opening cuts into the fat of your thighs? They say the shorts are made for runners, but don't they know that we have legs slightly larger than non-runners? Darn it, I'll have to drag my butt to the store to try the next size up. grrr... I hate shopping malls.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Oh and I'm hungry.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Saturday I did a 5K and followed that up on Sunday with a relaxing run in the park.  I took photos for both, which are here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/cdcfdec722914a88b4fb313281f030b7#focus

Today is a rest day.  It looks like the time has come when I will start being a morning runner until the Fall because our PM temps are now shooting up into the 90s...and will probably stay like this until near the end of September...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My normal Monday rest day

Marjorie