Beginners and Beyond

All-Star MonDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FedEx came this morning with my Lululemon shorts. I think I need to go on a diet...  No muffin top, but what do you call it when the leg opening cuts into the fat of your thighs? They say the shorts are made for runners, but don't they know that we have legs slightly larger than non-runners? Darn it, I'll have to drag my butt to the store to try the next size up. grrr... I hate shopping malls.

I am assuming you ordered the speed shorts?  I have those and my butt seems to want to come out of it.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB, your pain in the butt might be your piriformis.  You can search on line and find some really good stretches for it which should help a lot if that it what it is.  Good luck.

7 workouts in 4 days, you are hardcore, Beth!  I hope the pool felt great for you!

Happy pilates, Damaris, kick butt on that torture device you showed me.

Being old, yeah, right, Baboon!  You haven't begun to reach 'old' yet, lol.  Enjoy your easy run today. Maybe take a plastic trash bag with you to help you keep the run easy by stopping along the way a few times and doing a bit of stretching as you bend up and down to pick up candy wrappers, etc.

Congrats on your outstanding run, D2!

Sorry you are dragging a bit, Moth, but even so you're still pretty darn speedy from my perspective, lol.

It's fun sometimes to get lost on a run, B-Plus, you can get some nice exploring in.  Of course, it is better to get lost on a route when you have plenty of time to do that and nothing to get back to right away.

Good luck with your run, Lily.

Good luck with your ABS challenge, Shari, and good luck to your DS with his Olympic Day.

Hope your miles went well, Meaghan.

Sorry about the knee, FreeSoul....is the sore spot on the outside of the knee?  If so, might be a touch of ITB...the end of the ITB 'inserts" at its end right at the top of the outside of the knee.  Not fun stuff, ITBS.

Good luck with the 2nd round of miles this afternoon, Andrew.

Jack, sounds like you are doing my type of running, lol.  Except I don't have a garmin...or want one either.  Enjoy the no-pressure run today!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Cutting down on food?  Blasphemy!

Seriously...but he isn't crazy about eating so there is that.

lily I just got a huge order and cannot wait to get home and try all this crap on.  It sucks but I have sent back for exchange as much as I have kept where running gear is concerned.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wish I had the legs of runners, shorts cut into my thighs because they're fat.

FedEx came this morning with my Lululemon shorts. I think I need to go on a diet...  No muffin top, but what do you call it when the leg opening cuts into the fat of your thighs? They say the shorts are made for runners, but don't they know that we have legs slightly larger than non-runners? Darn it, I'll have to drag my butt to the store to try the next size up. grrr... I hate shopping malls.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, I had SEVERE ITB problems back in 2010, and it sucked major. But this is on the inside or left side of my right knee. I wonder if it has something to do with my quads, yesterday's run had the bottom of my quads closest to the knees really sore by the last 4 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

FS it's possible that you are not getting enough miles during the week to support a two and a half hour weekend run.  Of your 26 or so miles last week, 14 came in a single run.

Just B.S.

7 workouts in 4 days, you are hardcore, Beth!  I hope the pool felt great for you!

Thanks! Scotty the swim felt amazing and the hot tub after felt even better. 

We will wait until after the 1/2 Iron to decide if a Full Iron is even feasible for these 50's something bodies.

If it is training starts in November 2014 for a July 2015 race.  THAT is hardcore! I have friends training

right now for Lake Placid Ironman, their workout schedules scare me.

happylily

Damaris, they're the water bound shorts. I'm size 2 in the speed shorts, but this is a new model that is skin tight and I'm afraid they've made me discover fat on me. I may have to go size 4. Stupid shorts.

FreeSoul, no runners legs on me. Only ugly runners toes.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, they're the water bound shorts. I'm size 2 in the speed shorts, but this is a new model that is skin tight and I'm afraid they've made me discover fat on me. I may have to go size 4. Stupid shorts.

Word.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

True, that half the other Saturday kind of kicked my butt so I only managed... 13 miles or so before the 14 mile long run, and then chasing my son around Saturday and kneeling underneath bridges and stuff at the park - it felt like I had done a leg workout Saturday before the long run. Honestly, I think I am going to take it somewhat easy these next 2 weeks before I start the marathon training. I noticed last week after the half marathon that my quads were feeling pretty tight and sore, as were my calves too.

FS it's possible that you are not getting enough miles during the week to support a two and a half hour weekend run.  Of your 26 or so miles last week, 14 came in a single run.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I like my toes  but I hate my thighs.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

True, that half the other Saturday kind of kicked my butt so I only managed... 13 miles or so before the 14 mile long run, and then chasing my son around Saturday and kneeling underneath bridges and stuff at the park - it felt like I had done a leg workout Saturday before the long run. Honestly, I think I am going to take it somewhat easy these next 2 weeks before I start the marathon training. I noticed last week after the half marathon that my quads were feeling pretty tight and sore, as were my calves too.

What is the % of your LR relative to your total miles for the week?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I suck at percentages damn it! Up until the week before the Owensboro half, my weekly runs were:

Monday 5-6 easy miles

Tuesday: :Rest

Wednesday: 8-9 miles

Thursday: 3-4 easy miles

Friday: 3-4 miles on hilly trails

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: 13-16 miles

Last week due to rest and soreness was this:

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 7.4 miles easy

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: easy

Friday: 5 miles

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 14 miles

May's log looked like this:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1d5cb5e27e4230a9d79029229a9ba6/calendar/2014/5

I would like to get back up that very soon, at least by the first week of my training as I don't mind if I should take these next  2 weeks very easy before beginning a very new journey.

What is the % of your LR relative to your total miles for the week?

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Of course, issues started back in early April - first my ankles, a few days off helped that (I think).. and then my calves were extremely tight last week after the race, now my... whatever started acting up yesterday afternoon, the pain is going away but still there so I honestly wonder if I should take a couple days off. As long as I can begin my marathon training by June 23, all is good.

PRs

happylily

It's presently 86F with 73% humidity. No clue about dew point. I couldn't make it to 18 miles, I stopped at 15. Average pace was 8:15, including 10 miles between MP and HM. I'll try again the 18 LR on Saturday, even though I know I shouldn't, so close to race day. But if I don't, it will haunt me til the day I die.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010