Beginners and Beyond

Holiday eve Wednesday Penguins (Read 28 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Happy holiday guys!!

7M easy pace today.. A hot run as most of the haze is gone.. Happy to be in the sun..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There's the Penguins!

SRD in preperation of tomorrow's 10K but will go to a "gentle yoga" class tonight as a pre-race loosening up.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 3rd! Today is "Compliment Your Mirror Day"! 

Stand in front of your mirror with your eyes closed. Put a big smile on your face.... a big smile. Now, open your eyes. Isn't the picture of the person in your mirror absolutely stunning!? The person in your mirror is beautiful (or handsome).  So, compliment your mirror for displaying this beautiful person.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am off today and the rest of the week, yay!  Enjoyed sleeping in today until 7 a.m. - usually get up around 5 a.m.  We are having some very nice morning weather - dewpoint this morning in the 50s, temp of 68 degrees, low humidity.  Will be mowing my lawn this morning for some x-training.  I am still mulling over doing the Firecracker 5K at 7:30 pm tonite, held in San Marcos, about an hour's drive from San Antonio.  This year it will be held in a lovely little park called 5-Mile Dam Park.  Tomorrow morning, I am definitely doing the San Antonio Roadrunners 4-Mile Freedom Run at 7:30 a.m.

After work yesterday, I went to Lackland Air Force Base and got 4 miles in.  Nice running at Lackland, the only problem being there is absolutely no shade on the base, as it is all troop walks (since Air Force basic training is there) and open roads.  I started at 4 PM.  Temp was 92 degrees with a 'feels like" temp of 96, but it did not feel like 96 to me, as the dewpoint was 52 and the humidity was only 48%, sweet!  All my running segments went well, and I even did 'hill work" by running over 3 of the troop walk pedestrian overpasses that go over the highway that goes between the 2 sides of the base.  Felt strong for the whole 4 miles.

Glad your haze is gone, Bin!  No fun to run when you're hazy.

Good luck with your 10K tomorrow, Kristin.  Looking forward to seeing photos of you in your 'sparkly" 4th of July running outfit.  Big grin

OK, have to go mow my lawn before it gets too hot.  Later Penguins!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 mils tonight.

Damaris

tracilynn

Good morn penguins!

Scotty, you know you wanna do the run tonight so just go.  From yesterday you asked me "what kids? ". Are you being serious?  I have 4 kids and 3 of them are age 4 and under!Dead   Twins just turned 3, my wild azz boy is 4.5 and my oldest is 15.   Yes, they all fry my brain excpet wed bc they all go to playschool today which is my "break" .  although I spend my "off" day runing errands, cleaning, groc shopping, doc appts etc. ha.

Kristin, good luck tomorrow

Good job bin and damaris

Last night I ran 3.2 miles with last 1/2m barefoot and my 3 rd toe on my right foot is a casualty.  Bloody and raw.  My left foot feels perfect.  i think my form is bad,on right side and Im twisting my foot and making that toe raw Dead Its wrapped in a band aid now.  Will be wearing the shoes next few runs til it heals.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

kristin: Have a good workout at yoga. I've heard that some of that stuff can really get you ripped.

Scotty: Enjoy the days off. I know it feels good to be off work, even if it's only a few days.

Docket: I hope the heat is not "too" bad, though I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle. Smile

Tracy: Are you actually running with no shoes or are you using the "barefoot shoes?" Dang, four kids? I thought I was busy with three. Wink

Bin: I'm glad your haze is about gone. You seem happy about it. Good work on the miles, easy runs are nice. Here is the proof, Bin, though I will not dye it blonde like Hulk Hogan!

As far as my run, I am going to do some mile intervals at a (hopefully) 6:40 pace with 800m recovery jogs. It will be my last speed workout before the HM in two weeks time. I've got too much stuff to do so I will get out tonight for my run. Have a good day, Pens.

Philliefan33

Good morning.  Getting a late start here because I had an early meeting with the boss.

Bin -- glad the air quality is getting better for you

Scotty -- have fun racing

Kristin -- good luck with the 10K.  Are you replacing your "Out & Back" with this for the RW plan this week, or making some other adjustment?

DR -- enjoy the 5

Traci -- 4 kids, 3 of them little?  It's a wonder you find any time to run!  But no wonder that you need a bit of "alone" time...

Jack -- hi

AFM -- SRD.  DH and I are headed off to the mountains (= off the grid) after work.  Everybody have a Happy 4th and good weekend!

Bin Running

Jack, looking good with that moustche. Dark suit you. No bleaching required.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Jack, is that a little gray peaking through?

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

YO!  5.5 miles today.  Trailing run - the smells are amazing.  Flowers, plants, awesome.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pic, jack!

Damaris

tracilynn

Well HELLO jack.  MeowSmile  Yes, Im running barefoot the last 1/2 mile only (skin to ground).  I've been reading barefoot forums to get pointers and those crazy barefoot people get all bent out of shape if you say, "barefoot shoes"

Phillie, YES 3 toddlers is crazy.  I do run to run away from them! I always come back thoughSmile

Im off to run a million errands now

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!  I got stuck running some samples this morning, but they were interesting and fun to play with, so that's all good.  Quartet rehearsal tonight!!  Then I'm off tomorrow, which is good because I'm woefully behind on laundry.  DH spent most of last week putting in an invisible fence around the backyard to keep Dusty from going visiting.  Unfortunately training hasn't gone so well -- Dusty tends to wander into the hot zone, get zapped, and then hug the fence line, zapping and yelping all the way, and then he's afraid to go out in the yard again.  I told DH that he needed to do a little more leashed training, because right now Dusty doesn't know where is safe and where is not.  Hello, you can't just tell him once!

Bin -- glad your haze is gone!!

kristin -- have a good 10k!!

scottydawg -- hope your races go well!!

Docket -- enjoy your five mils!!  Is that the same as 5 milliliters?  Of what?

traci -- yep, it's a form issue.  I definitely have them too -- twisting my right foot to push off.  Doh!!

Jack -- rockin the stache!!

Phillie -- enjoy the mountains!!

hog -- morning!!  (ok, it's noon)  So ... noon!!

N-Bug -- enjoy sniffing the trails!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.