Beginners and Beyond

The last DAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

But that sucked doing it in total darkness for the tempo portion. Good thing I know that path like the ...

I have done it, you have to have a real good sense of cadence and foot fall to pull it off.

You shooting for a marathon PR there, or just training for the Newton hills?

B-Plus

I have done it, you have to have a real good sense of cadence and foot fall to pull it off.

You shooting for a marathon PR there, or just training for the Newton hills?

Both! 2 long runs ago started on a long downhill and finished with a big uphill to prep for this beast.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Contrary to the rest of the free world, I do not spend very much time on fb. In fact my time spent there is in the single digits in terms of percentage comparatively speaking with my time online.

As an aside, each of the two times I have asked this question the person responding has not answered it. 

Well, read it again. I SAID YES!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You both will be getting a lump in your Christmas stockings from me next year.

Anyone else?  

Based on my prior post, I guess I should count myself in.

Damaris

LRB

Well, read it again. I SAID YES!

Zero to one hundred real quick huh. If I was your pet cat I would spend most of my time cowering under the bed while you were home.

Of course if I were a cat I wouldn't be as dumb as I am so there. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Zero to one hundred real quick huh. If I was your pet cat I would spend most of my time cowering under the bed while you were home.

Of course if I were a cat I wouldn't be as dumb as I am so there. 

Hershey is pretty dumb, I don't know....

Damaris

LRB

Hershey is pretty dumb, I don't know....

Is that why I remind you of him. lol

LRB

Anyone ever try this?

Cyberic

Just went to the LRS to buy myself some winter running presents.

I have a merinos wool base layer shirt that I don't like. Wanted synthetic, so I bought one of these: http://www.saucony.com/en/altitude-base-layer-long-sleeve/13998M.html?dwvar_13998M_color=SA81025-CRB hopefully I'll like it.

As for gloves, I run with liners from cheap gloves, and have been for two winters. They are great, but when the temperatures drop to 0 and below, they're not enough. So today I bought some cross country skiing gloves http://www.roeckl.de/en/products/nordic-sports/cross-country-skiing-biathlon/glove/lindsdal/  Expensive, but they fit me, well like a glove.

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD#2 for me.  Next year's goal will be about the same mileage as this year's goal, but more than I've been running post-marathon, so I want to start the year on fresh legs. Smile

I got the nice year-end present from my employer of somebody entered something wrong in a computer, so my December check was only 25% of what it was supposed to be.   Luckily, the office is open, so I need to drive in and pick up a paper check for the balance.   And apparently check carefully in January to make sure everything is correct.

Eric, you might still sign up for the game as a pinch hitter.  We had one team member who wasn't on Facebook at all, but we were able to stay in touch via PM here, and that seemed to work fine.

Pleasant Ridge- Everything OK?  Just enjoying a day off?

LRB- Our exchange student has been enjoying all the PB-flavored junk food that he can get his hands on.  He would love that cereal!  So far, his favorite is the Reese's cereal, although this week he got Chocolate Toast Crunch (but got Reese's ice cream bars for his PB fix).  And he just tried a Payday bar for the first time yesterday. Smile

LRB

Zel, we once were issued paper checks by mistake and got our direct deposit as well and the person responsible got the oot!

LRB

Oops, I meant the boot.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I 'braved' the cold and went to Randolph Air Force Base for my last run of the year.    Ended up with 3.2 miles.   Right across from the base gym there is a really nice track and the track has a big 'jumbo-tron" type sign that displays upcoming base event info and also the current temperature.  40 degrees when I started - not bad - but the wind was blowing like crazy giving it a 'feels like" temp of 28...SHEESH, really?   I opted to wear my long pants today and a long-sleeved shirt.   Went out INTO the wind and returned with the wind at my back, making a nice loop through some of the base's family housing area.  Actually had a pretty good run/walk and did not feel too cold - although i was definitely appreciative of that HOT shower at the gym after I got back!

So I ended up with 822.5 miles for 2014 - pretty pathetic considering way back when I used to routinely run anywhere from 100 to 120 miles  a month and sometimes even more than that when I was training for my one marathon, my halfs, etc, on occasion I even had a few 2,000 mile years, but those days are long gone.    But hey, it is what it is, and I accept that I am older now and dealing with some issues these days (arthritis in knees, hips, and spine; degenerative disk disease, my aging-and-slowing down body after many surgeries for various things, and so forth) and am just happy I can still be out here at all doing some kind of running.  This is my 31st year of running and I now have 45,679 lifetime miles.  If I had been completely healthy for the last several years, I may even have been up to 50,000 or more by now; but as said, it is what  it is and I will take what I can get. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

The last time we got paper checks it was because they accidentally took out way too much for our health insurance and had to pay us the difference.  Only they forgot to take taxes out of the checks, so then they took part of it back the next month.

I don't think anybody got the boot, which could be part of today's issue.

LRB

The last time we got paper checks it was because they accidentally took out way too much for our health insurance and had to pay us the difference.  Only they forgot to take taxes out of the checks, so then they took part of it back the next month.

I don't think anybody got the boot, which could be part of today's issue.

Yeah our controller don't play that mess, it's zero tolerance in that department!

Speaking of peanut butter, I still have not tried that powered stuff I got at the race expo.