Beginners and Beyond

The last DAILIES (Read 36 times)

Zelanie

Speaking of peanut butter, I still have not tried that powered stuff I got at the race expo. 

I am almost out.  Can you send it over here?

LRB

Just went to the LRS to buy myself some winter running presents.

I have a merinos wool base layer shirt that I don't like. Wanted synthetic, so I bought one of these: http://www.saucony.com/en/altitude-base-layer-long-sleeve/13998M.html?dwvar_13998M_color=SA81025-CRB hopefully I'll like it.

As for gloves, I run with liners from cheap gloves, and have been for two winters. They are great, but when the temperatures drop to 0 and below, they're not enough. So today I bought some cross country skiing gloves http://www.roeckl.de/en/products/nordic-sports/cross-country-skiing-biathlon/glove/lindsdal/  Expensive, but they fit me, well like a glove.

Let us know how them gloves work. They look a little too light for my ice block hands.

Scotty get you some hot chocolate. lol

LRB

I just checked, I never even broke the seal on the stupid thing to try it.

DavePNW

I can probably send some too. My wife bought a jar some time ago, but no one has really been using it.

Dave

DavePNW

Just went to the LRS to buy myself some winter running presents.

I have a merinos wool base layer shirt that I don't like. Wanted synthetic, so I bought one of these: http://www.saucony.com/en/altitude-base-layer-long-sleeve/13998M.html?dwvar_13998M_color=SA81025-CRB hopefully I'll like it.

As for gloves, I run with liners from cheap gloves, and have been for two winters. They are great, but when the temperatures drop to 0 and below, they're not enough. So today I bought some cross country skiing gloves http://www.roeckl.de/en/products/nordic-sports/cross-country-skiing-biathlon/glove/lindsdal/  Expensive, but they fit me, well like a glove.

Interesting, all my base layers are synthetic, but often though about getting a wool one, since wool is supposed to keep you warm even when wet. What don't you like about it? The new one you got - is that sort of a waffley weave? I have one like that, I do like it & think it keeps me a bit warmer than normal tech shirt material. Or I imagine it does anyway.

For gloves - I wear standard running gloves, but when cold enough I put my Sugoi Wind Mitts on top. Usually after a few miles I take them off, but at the start of a run the double layer is key.

Dave

Hip Redux

All my underlayers are wool. I love them. The best part?  They never stink.   I just bought some for my husband because my god, his running clothes' stench could kill people.

I ran 3 miles today with a friend.  I had been sticking with the 5 min:1 min run:walk intervals but there was no real issue running three straight, which was promising.  Now if I can sleep through the night without the hip waking me up, that would be real progress!

B-Plus

It's obviously no secret that I'm a Mizuno fanboy (that should be on the banned list as well), but seriously check out the breath thermo stuff. I wish a grabbed a few when they were on sale a few weeks ago.

For merino, I've read good things about these guys and I'm tempted to give it a try:

http://www.pettetendurance.com

B-Plus

I just checked, I never even broke the seal on the stupid thing to try it.

Speaking of breaking, I'm gonna go check out Unbroken before this evening's festivities. You seen it? Or D? Anyone else?

DavePNW

All my underlayers are wool. I love them. 

That must've been pretty special on your wedding night.

Dave

Hip Redux

It's obviously no secret that I'm a Mizuno fanboy (that should be on the banned list as well), but seriously check out the breath thermo stuff. I wish a grabbed a few when they were on sale a few weeks ago.

I saw that at the store today and I had questions.  So the clothing makes its own heat...  What happens when you get warmed up, does it keep making more heat if you don't really need it?  And I don't sweat a lot in the winter so will it not work well?

Hip Redux

That must've been pretty special on your wedding night.

I was sick as a dog and asleep by 8pm.  lol

LRB

Speaking of breaking, I'm gonna go check out Unbroken before this evening's festivities. You seen it? Or D? Anyone else?

I have not. People are loving on like it's the shiz though.

You rolling in the Hitogami 2 yet?

LRB

I was sick as a dog and asleep by 8pm.  lol

Sounds like my every night. lol

MTA: the sleep part not the sick part. 

DavePNW

Based on Rotten Tomatoes, it seem to be one of those movies that critics are lukewarm about (51%) but regular people like (73%).

Dave

DavePNW

Sounds like my every night. lol

MTA: the sleep part not the sick part. 

Not the wool underlayers part?

Dave