Beginners and Beyond

The last DAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

Not the wool underlayers part?

Hmm, I am not sure I own a garment made with a single thread of wool. 

B-Plus

I saw that at the store today and I had questions.  So the clothing makes its own heat...  What happens when you get warmed up, does it keep making more heat if you don't really need it?  And I don't sweat a lot in the winter so will it not work well?

I don't know if I buy the whole self-generating heat thing, but this morning I went out with just a fitted long sleeve BT top in a chilly 25 and I was fine. I have a few that are a bit looser fit which I assume wouldn't be as warm as the fitted one.

B-Plus

I have not. People are loving on like it's the shiz though.

You rolling in the Hitogami 2 yet?

I still have 2 unopened pairs of the 1s. Hopefully I won't get injured or lazy and will grab some 2s on discount near the end of 2015.

Hip Redux

I don't know if I buy the whole self-generating heat thing, but this morning I went out with just a fitted long sleeve BT top in a chilly 25 and I was fine. I have a few that are a bit looser fit which I assume wouldn't be as warm as the fitted one.

The store had little packets of the fabric and a dropper of water so you could test it out.  lol   So warmer than a regular long sleeve, then?

B-Plus

The store had little packets of the fabric and a dropper of water so you could test it out.  lol   So warmer than a regular long sleeve, then?

UA cold gear fitted is way warmer. Disgustingly warm, as LRB can attest.

B-Plus

I recently picked up 2 pairs of wool socks and they are the shiz. But I guess they weren't supposed to go in the dryer cuz they now look more than 10 years old.

Hip Redux

It's my favorite fabric.

Yes, I have a favorite fabric, doesn't everyone?

B-Plus

I think I may take a nap instead.

LRB

UA cold gear fitted is way warmer. Disgustingly warm, as LRB can attest.

Man I haven't worn that thing in forever (since becoming a runner). Probably should donate it but it cost me a million dollars so I'm holding onto it like I'm gonna get it back. lol

LRB

It's my favorite fabric.

Yes, I have a favorite fabric, doesn't everyone?

Not sure that I do...is leather a fabric. lol

DavePNW

We just don't want to hear about your leather underlayers.

Dave

DavePNW

I recently picked up 2 pairs of wool socks and they are the shiz. But I guess they weren't supposed to go in the dryer cuz they now look more than 10 years old.

I have SmartWool socks, and they have gone in the dryer a few times, and are fine. I like them, but my beef is I seem to get holes in them more so than other socks. I also like my SmartWool hat & neck gaiter. I think I looked at a SmartWool base layer and it cost like a million dollars or something.

Dave

Hip Redux

Now that would be an interesting wedding night. lol

LRB

I have SmartWool socks, and they have gone in the dryer a few times, and are fine. I like them, but my beef is I seem to get holes in them more so than other socks. I also like my SmartWool hat & neck gaiter. I think I looked at a SmartWool base layer and it cost like a million dollars or something.

I am still using the duo-wick C9 socks from Target. The stupid things just work for me.

Of course my feet are the exact opposite of my hands and do not even get chilly during the coldest depths of winter.

LRB

Now that would be an interesting wedding night. lol