Beginners and Beyond

Wherefore Art Thou, FRIDAILIES? (Read 41 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I just checked. I ran in both 91 and 86 once. Did 82 a few times.

Just for kicks I checked mine. This year I've done an 83 and sunny 7.6 mile run at an Easy pace. I also had a 12 mile run in 80 degrees and partly cloudy, but 10 of those miles were at MP.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I declare Cyber as the winner of the dailies!

D2 - I'll give you one more option to ponder. Continue with your own base building for 6 weeks (maybe just follow the Pfitz workouts), then jump into the 18-week plan with 12 weeks to go. You'll have the benefit of more miles if you're running more, and longer mesocycles 2&3 if you need to work on those things. I feel like if you're going to train for 12 weeks, you should be jumping straight into the meat of the specific workouts rather than spending 4 weeks on endurance.

Shit, I haven't run yet and it's already 75 and rising. Forecasted for 84 today which would be an all time high for me to run in.

That 75F made me LOL. Right now, I am lucky if the heat index is not 85-90F at sunrise.  

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Andrew, any word on the job?

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Finally a decent track workout.  I adjusted a little since it's hot out (85 degrees and hotter on the track) and the last two track sessions beat me up.  2 mile warm up, 9 x 400m a little faster than 10K pace (6:50ish) with 400m recoveries,  1 mile cool down.  8 miles total at 7:45 pace.  Good workout.  I probably eased up a little more than I needed to.  Still trying to figure out this track thing, but it was nice to finish a workout without struggling too much, though it was still tough.  Today felt like progress.    

<3

Shari, great runs. I hope that DS enjoys himself.

Zelanie, I hope that your six went well. Good luck with your HM.

FreeSoul87, fantastic five with Rocky.

Andrew, excellent 7.1. Good luck with the process.

redrum, have a pleasant TM run.

outoftheblue, awesome thirteen.

Dave, I hope that training goes smoothly.

Jack K., fantastic four. I love the shirt.

Marjorie, excellent 8.1. I hope that your toe troubles stay gone.

scottydawg, good luck with your two 5Ks.

Phil, niiiiice.

I did weights. No running. After ninety consecutive minutes on the AMT (incline at 5/5 and resistance at 16/20) yesterday, and doing speedwork and weighs back-to-back on Wednesday, my legs are on fire. At least I managed 3.44 miles at sunrise this morning before my legs started screaming "¡Ya basta!"

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Andrew, any word on the job?

Nope, nothing yet. I was expecting something by EOD today. I guess the waiting game is on.

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies.

Four easy miles and a new shirt.

LOL Jack, I just saw your t-shirt. It's great!

- Andrew

LRB

Good workout.  I probably eased up a little more than I needed to.  Still trying to figure out this track thing, but it was nice to finish a workout without struggling too much, though it was still tough.  Today felt like progress.    

The track can sometimes be a lonely desolate place (even if people are present).  The most important variable however is that you are there.

LRB

I am home.  I had to go find me a 4-pack of that tasty ass brew I drank last night which I did, so me a happy boy! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This bitch tired me so much in Pilates that I am taking an SRD.  Great workout.  I was sweating tons.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So you can laugh all night.  Especially # 14.

Some of these made me wonder if someone was taping my cats.  Fo shizzle.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/cats-who-failed-so-hard-they-won#

Damaris

LRB

This bitch tired me so much in Pilates that I am taking an SRD.  Great workout.  I was sweating tons.

Do you do it year 'round or just a period of the year?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you do it year 'round or just a period of the year?

I do it twice a week and I signed up for a year.   I predict a lot of  

Damaris

LRB

So you can laugh all night.  Especially # 14.

Some of these made me wonder if someone was taping my cats.  Fo shizzle.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/cats-who-failed-so-hard-they-won#

I cannot pick a favorite!  That was freaking hilarious!

Cyberic

I declare Cyber as the winner of the dailies!

I'll gracefully accept the award, as this might be the last time I beat this group at anything. Smile

Waiting at the airport. Pretty boring