Beginners and Beyond

Shivering Saturday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Sloooow.

I have been wondering where you were!  You're still planning on NOLA?  You could walk it (which is what hubby is doing on his next HM since his shins hurt again).

I submitted DNS forms. I considered walking it, but decided it was for the best just to let it go. RnR NOLA is still number one on my list, but I think 2015 will be my year Smile

SheCan

Good morning everyone!

Ginny gets the worm!

Zel-- good job on the confidence building tempo.  When is your next race?

Bin-- good job on the 7!

Jack-- Yay@ you and the wife signing up for a marathon in May.  I just knew she'd be inspired by your success.  Have fun on the SD trip today.  LOL@ dip to 72!

Docket-- ouch @ twisted foot.  Be careful.

kristin-- thank goodness!

SF-- wow, even getting out at all in those conditions sounds impressive to me.  Is the trail on your land or something?

Jerry-- great job.  All of you snow runners are so hardcore.

Coralie-- Missed you!  Glad you're going to start getting back into thngs.  We'll all be rooting for you.

Dave-- awesome job, speed demon!   Congratulations on the 2nd AG.  Bet you were high up in OA also.

Another nice run day.  8 miles in the low 60s felt marvelous.  This whole week is supposed to be nice and warm.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! The weather today is gorgeous! I think the high is 58 and then tomorrow we have 90% chance of rain/snow with a low of 17 degrees and Monday is going down to the single digits! That's cold for us Alabama folk, lol.

Anywho, sitting here eating a bowl of pasta then I will be heading out for a run and enjoying the weather.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

Great news Kristin.  Does it still hurt when you walk on it?

Coralie - no reason to feel guilty about not running.  We've all been there, and severe morning sickness is a good reason not to be moving too fast.

Damaris - hope it's just a minor twist.  Take it easy if you can.

I envy you folks with the nice weather.  We actually had a nice day today, high of 30, but the roads are still all ice.  Walking Ben this morning was treacherous.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sleet, so I really wished I could be running outside in the sunshine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I submitted DNS forms. I considered walking it, but decided it was for the best just to let it go. RnR NOLA is still number one on my list, but I think 2015 will be my year Smile

Sad I won't get to see you there, but maybe there is time for an accidental FE if you go to the expo.

I decided on a URD.  Foot feels OK but I pushed through two runs (one an MP run and yesterday's recovery) with pain on my foot, so one rest day won't hurt.

Damaris

tracilynn

Dave, that is some speedy running! Holy cow! Congrats

coralie. Sorry you have bbeen so sick :-(

hello to everyone else!

I did weights today and 2 miles on treadmill. I was planning 4 on treadmill but got a stupid nosebleed and had to stop. My sinuses are still all messed up but I have almost beat this cold I have. Been drinking green juices to try to get rid if this crud. Blah.

Not looking forward to the arctic blast headed our way!! MY HUSband is at lowes buying pipe insulation now. Argh.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Sloooow.

Thanks, Ginny! It took me by surprise as I didn't feel this terrible with my girls. Maybe this means my last is a boy?

Can tell I haven't been following the weather, I didn't notice the cold creeping down here. We have a low of  21F for Tuesday night. Even Miami is predicted to get down to a freezing 49! Lol.

Zelanie

Ginny- I hear you about walking or running when it's slippery!  I hope you don't get hit too hard with the cold weather coming through.

Bin- Do you just need some down time maybe?

Jack- Yikes!  Keep warm down there! 

D- Hope the foot improves with some rest!

Kristin- That's fantastic news!  Hope the foot feels great out of the boot!

Obie- Hiya!

SF- Hope the trail run went well!

Jerry- Yay for YaxTrax!

Coralie- Good to see you!  Glad you're starting to feel better, too.  My sister didn't run much when she was pregnant (too tired), but got right back into it when her son was born.

D2- Congrats!  Glad you caught that guy, that would have been so frustrating later!

Cherie- Sounds like a lovely day!  MY upcoming races are a 10 miler in March and a HM in April.  Both of them I did last year, so I can aim for last year's record.  I'm not that much faster with the time I lost last summer, so it will be a challenge.

Jimmy- Sounds cold to me too!  Glad to see you getting back into it!

Traci- Hope you are feeling better soon!  And better to buy insulation than to deal with not having bought it and needing it!

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!

Cherie, had to wait for the full results to get posted, I was 15th overall out of 167.  The top 3 in the next age group were all 5 minutes faster than me, and I'll be moving into that group in Sept!  Gonna have to step up my game big time.

Yeah Zel, that would have driven me crazy.  Like a friend said on FB, run like anyone in front of you is in your AG. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

on my way to badass

Cherie- Yes the trail is on our land.  The conditions really aren't that bad.  Lots of Penguins live in the upper Midwest and it's been WAY colder and windier there.

Z- trail run went well but it was slow.  Really, really, slow.

Hey to everyone else who checked in.

OFS and I are ditching our home internet service.  The only service available is 3G cell broadband, that isn't very broad, or satellite service.   The cell service was expensive and bad/slow.  There is no Fios or cable service available where we live.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

tracilynn

Coralie-l  I wasn't sick with any of my girls(3)but was pretty sick with my one boy.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Ginny, nothing like waking up and can't go back to sleep. errr.

Zel, good to hear your run felt good(see my update below).

Bin, it's odd you mention that. All my runs have been yucky until today. I am beginning to think it just takes us newbies a long time to recover from the new 26.2 distance.

Jack, I literally busted out laughing at your comment about the short sleeves.

Damaris, sure hope your foot feels better soon.

Kristin, It's good to hear that about your foot, don't rush it.

Obie, Stone, and Jerry, you all have serious dedication, hats off to you.

Coralie, don't be a stranger. Get 'em next year, or maybe there's something in the fall.

Cherie, me and my wife were just talking yesterday about where we wanted to retire. Your temps are sounding nice.

Jimmy, how'd the run go? Did you register for Rumpshaker?

Dave, congrats on the 10 miler!

Traci, I command you to get better, we have races to plan for. I got signed up for HTC membership, so I'll be trying to help/run more of their races this year.

I woke up early bc Bella was barking in the laundry room(DW was in town). Had some coffee and oatmeal, took care of bathroom business and hit the road. 45 degrees, feels like 39, shorts, LS+SS tech shirts, gloves, light weight beanie, and it was my absolute best run since the marathon.....5.02 miles at 9:05 pace!

Looks like DW wants to go to Savannah in Nov, so I'll get to do the R&R Savannah Half, yahoo! Road trip and hopefully get to meet some more forum peeps.

Zelanie

Yay, Mitch!  Glad to see you had such a good run! Smile  And glad that DW is in the mood for some travel.

I am sore today from my run yesterday, so back to being nervous about my LR tomorrow.  We runners are sure a moody bunch, aren't we?  Not too much separates being on top of the world from "can I even run?"

SheCan

Zelanie-- I have a lot of faith in you.  I have no doubts you'll do fantastic.  Hahaha@ us being a moody group.  That's so true, or at least of myself anyway.  Bad day, good day, horrible day, lovely day... never know.

Mitch-- Retirement sounds nice.  I have to admit, when my DH's friend died last week, I thought about you.  I swear, i have no doubt, that his long work hours and stress probably contributed to his death.  I'm always surprised at how many hours you end up putting in.  But come along here.  Lots of people chose this area to retire in.  Ohhhh@ Savannah!  I'd love to do a race there, too!  Wonder if my love would consider going there next november.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny it hasn't hurt in awhile....right now everything is just precaution.... a bone contusion, plus tendon and ligament trauma all take awhile to heal

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to