Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #21 (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

Dave

RunningOnSand

And their brains.

For real though. Dh only played football in HS, but he had several concussions, and he gets terrible migraines still (that he attributes to football), ugh.

RunningOnSand

Yesterday I thought this was some kind of post marathon lung irritation but now I'm starting to think I'm just plain sick.  Rest day for me today.  I can't see running for at least a week. Which is fine. I find it important for me to take some downtime.

And to write up your RR! (Get better!)

RunningOnSand

+1.

+2! Hope your day rocks!

DavePNW

For real though. Dh only played football in HS, but he had several concussions, and he gets terrible migraines still (that he attributes to football), ugh.

I enjoy watching football but I am kind of uneasy with the whole sport, seeing how many of those guys end up with CTE.

Dave

onemile

Happy birthday Whiskers!

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

Today is my birthday! I was going to run 3.8 miles to mark the occasion but it was dark and raining and I chose happiness over silliness and stopped at 3 miles.

Happy birthday!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

You need to live in this

Either that, or just never leave my bed again. Either works fine...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Yesterday I thought this was some kind of post marathon lung irritation but now I'm starting to think I'm just plain sick.  Rest day for me today.  I can't see running for at least a week. Which is fine. I find it important for me to take some downtime.

Well of course being sick sucks, but better now than last week. 

Got something planned for the fall?

Dave

onemile

Well of course being sick sucks, but better now than last week. 

Got something planned for the fall?

yeah definitely.

I'm registered for the Chicago marathon

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damaris, would you say this is true? 🤪

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would say it's accurate for Puerto Ricans. Miamians are pussies with respect to hurricanes.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

It is raining this morning, probably measured in hundredths of an inch, and the commute was chaos. San Diegans are definitely the bottom picture when it comes to precipitation and temps below 60   The only thing that comes to mind for the top here is rural folks during fires.

Damaris, would you say this is true? 🤪

DavePNW

It is raining this morning, probably measured in hundredths of an inch, and the commute was chaos. San Diegans are definitely the bottom picture when it comes to precipitation and temps below 60   The only thing that comes to mind for the top here is rural folks during fires.

What is amazing is that despite the fact that it rains all the time here, people can’t drive in it. Whenever it rains you can expect longer commutes. And people here bitch about temps below 50 and above 70. They have a very narrow window.

Dave