Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #21 (Read 32 times)

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Whiskers!

I woke up way too early because I had to get blood drawn then  had zero energy to run so haven't. (I did walk the dog.)  I have a speed workout to do but may switch with another run if I can't get it together.

Today is my birthday! I was going to run 3.8 miles to mark the occasion but it was dark and raining and I chose happiness over silliness and stopped at 3 miles.

Happy birthday

have a piece of my cake..

Hamstring rest day for me

RunningOnSand

Happy Birthday Whiskers!

I woke up way too early because I had to get blood drawn then  had zero energy to run so haven't. (I did walk the dog.)  I have a speed workout to do but may switch with another run if I can't get it together.

Are you getting your iron levels tested?

RunningOnSand

I'll never forget the one year in Vegas when it "rained" for like two minutes. It was like the opening scene of This Is The End. There were accidents EVERYWHERE. Them people just could not drive on wet roads, totally bizarre.

LOL

GinnyinPA

Are you getting your iron levels tested?

Among other things.

Cyberic

I'll never forget the one year in Vegas when it "rained" for like two minutes. It was like the opening scene of This Is The End. There were accidents EVERYWHERE. Them people just could not drive on wet roads, totally bizarre.

Your post has made me interested on how Las Vegas gets its water. 10 minutes of Internetz reading later, I say "Interesting".

DavePNW

Your post has made me interested on how Las Vegas gets its water. 10 minutes of Internetz reading later, I say "Interesting".

Well without reading I’d guess Hoover Dam helps.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Like here. Hundreds of accidents from 0.01 inches of rain.

I will say that when it hasn't rained in > 6 months and then finally does...the roads are crazy slippery. Like ice. They say its from oil and other fluids on the road that don't get washed away so build up over months. When we first moved here I was like "yeah ok...people just suck at driving" but it's definitely real. I've had my car slide across an intersection during that first rain of the season (while being super cautious)  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Miami gets 300 days of rain a year and they still do not know how to drive in that. They are currently freaking out because it's 60F there.

So I got the 2019 report for my current office. 26 chapter 11 cases filed in 2019. Bahahaha. The Miami office had 40 DURING the shutdown alone, imagine the rest of the year. I'm liking this break of not working 70 hours a week and to keep 50 active cases up to date. Big grin

Damaris

DavePNW

10 miles. Started in the sun, finished in the rain.

Dave

KCRuns

Happy Birthday, SD!

I ran 2 miles on the TM this morning.  It was all the time I had, but it went well.  NO coughing at all.  Oh, happy day!!

Cyberic

Like here. Hundreds of accidents from 0.01 inches of rain.

I will say that when it hasn't rained in > 6 months and then finally does...the roads are crazy slippery. Like ice. They say its from oil and other fluids on the road that don't get washed away so build up over months. When we first moved here I was like "yeah ok...people just suck at driving" but it's definitely real. I've had my car slide across an intersection during that first rain of the season (while being super cautious)  

I've heard that. My dad used to tell me when I started driving to be extra careful in the first minutes of rain because a fresh coat of water over the oil and tire residues that forms over the road is extra slippery.

Since it rains pretty often here, after a few minutes it's all washed away, though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just saw a Winter warning for Miami (and Florida) because they are getting around 43F as the low tonight. The warning is for falling iguanas in parts of FL where it will be colder...

I am not kidding. Iguanas fall from trees whenever it's too cold. They are not necessarily dead, mind you. Just frozen.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Birthday SD! Hope it is a good one.

Not much luck on the running front here. Struggling with major knots in my calf as soon as I get into a run. I'll get there eventually, but it's slow going right now. Pace and distance don't seem to matter, so I'll just keep trying it when I'm pain free.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

GinnyinPA

I had a good workout today. 4 x 1200 at 10k and 4 x 400 at 5k. Total of 9 miles.

I almost caused an accident though. A car swerved around me as I ran facing traffic on the 18 inch shoulder/bike lane of a fairly busy road and a vehicle coming the other way jerked his wheel in reaction, hit ice on the side of the road and completely lost control. He was lucky though because there wasn't anybody else in the lane, so he didn't hit anybody, missed me, then spun out in the gravel parking lot of a baseball field and just slammed into a sign board. His work truck didn't seem to be much damaged, but I imagine he was seriously POed. I stopped to make sure he was going to be able to drive off, but I didn't talk to him. I wasn't doing anything wrong, but you never know how people will react when they get scared like that.