Beginners and Beyond

Redrum and Jack - Santa Anita Derby Day 5k RR... (Read 57 times)

SheCan

Congratulations to you, your wife and DD!  Sounds like you all had such a good, busy day.  And your daughter must be a total sweetheart to with the little girl.  Great pictures, and the one with you and DD is too cute!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

Looking at my watch I knew a PR would be tough at this point. When we got out on the race track for the finish, the dirt was very wet and soft. It was like wet sand. At this point, with a quarter mile to go, I was done. No, I didn't quit, but I didn't have that kick that I usually do. A guy passed me on the straightaway to the finish and I didn't even care. Usually it would be like "No, sorry, there is no way you are passing me," but I didn't have it today. That's ok. Mile 3 in 6:27 and finish time of 20:43.

I have been there and know exactly what you mean.

Good stuff all around though, you guys are two cool cats! Congrats to the fam, and family friend as well!

Any other races before the big one next month?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks for the nice words, everyone. FEs are very cool and I hope for some more in the future.

LRB: No more races before the big one. That will be a lot of fun for me, but especially for DW. She has no idea what she is in for, LOL!

LRB

LRB: No more races before the big one. That will be a lot of fun for me, but especially for DW. She has no idea what she is in for, LOL!

You ain't never lied!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good race Jack.

Sometimes that last kick just isn't there.  No worries!

hog4life

Congrats to the Mrs for the PR! Sounds like a good day for everyone.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great job Jack. DW is going to kill that Marathon that you guys have coming up. You have a solid family of athletes. You should be proud. Smile

- Andrew

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Thanks for the report Jack, you continue to improve.

Being able to hold even paces for all 3 miles is an important ability.  While you will not run that fast in your marathon, you seem to have dialed in an understanding of even effort and how it feels at a certain pace.  Soon 3:15 will be knocking on your door.  Gratz and I bet the Bud Light tasted good!

tracilynn

Great job B!  I think you and dw will be running Boston together next year, eh?  Bunch of speedies in the Klompus family.   Nice medal/bottle opener! Family, FE and a beer garden. Sounds like a perf day. Congrats. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

delicate flower

Nice running there, Klompus, Klompettes, and Redrum!  It's hard to PR the 5K in the middle of marathon training when you are not doing speedwork.

Sheesh, a 4500 person 5K?  I thought 2000 was a lot.

<3