Beginners and Beyond

In Memorandum MonDAILIES (Read 68 times)

Zelanie

Here you don't blow the horn because you're angry, you blow it to communicate.  It's how you let other cars know you're headed through a busy intersection or a one-lane bridge,  warn others, get somebody's attention, thank others, etc.  But those are short taps (usually two).  You hit the horn harder if you're actually mad, but that's less common.

Just got home, about to head out on my run.  It's raining hard enough that I'm not looking forward even to the run to the gym.

LRB

Here you don't blow the horn because you're angry, you blow it to communicate.  It's how you let other cars know you're headed through a busy intersection or a one-lane bridge,  warn others, get somebody's attention, thank others, etc.  But those are short taps (usually two).  You hit the horn harder if you're actually mad, but that's less common.

Where in the hell do you live?  Heaven?  lol

Keep the faith Jack!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, just heard Robin Williams committed suicide.

6 miles on the TM and PiYo Define Lower.  Has anyone seen my legs?  Send them my way, please.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First day of school was today so late check in for me. No running today but I did my core work this morning. I think the extra rest I am taking is helping (fingers crossed). Last night's run was the first time in many weeks that my legs felt somewhat fresh. I hope I'm on the right track.

Fingers crossed!

Damaris

LRB

Apparently comedian/actor Robin Williams was found dead today, wow what a shock.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently comedian/actor Robin Williams was found dead today, wow what a shock.

You type slow, I already said it. 

Sad.  I still remember when one of my professors committed suicide the day before my law school graduation.  I had to tell those news to the people at the homeless shelter we were about to give our pro bono presentation. Depression sucks and sometimes not even medication can help.

Damaris

LRB

You type slow, I already said it. 

I was cross-checking my sources, it's been a bad day for me. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I was cross-checking my sources, it's been a bad day for me. 

pfftt... what are you attempting to emulate reporters of old?  Actually doing research... crazy. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well pooh............. news outlets are reporting that Robin Williams was found dead, an apparent suicide 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Well pooh............. news outlets are reporting that Robin Williams was found dead, an apparent suicide 

Really?

LRB

Well I have been called into work.  Apparently the complex is flooding and I am on the emergency response team.

When they said team I thought they meant sports.    FFS.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Really?

Yeah, I noticed it all over facebook. Then went to my news sites and then to aol and then googled it. Apparently he had some demons on the inside, and they won 

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/robinwilliamsdead.pdf

http://www.14news.com/story/26253307/actor-robin-williams-found-dead-in-home

http://features.aol.com/video/robin-williams-dies-63?icid=aol|carousel|dl1

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Did you guys hear?  Robin Williams is dead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Really?

Maybe she did not refresh before posting?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well I have been called into work.  Apparently the complex is flooding and I am on the emergency response team.

When they said team I thought they meant sports.    FFS.

Fortunately, there are 21 people in my office so the chance of being selected was close to 0.

Damaris