Beginners and Beyond

Matutinal Monday Penguins (Read 27 times)

From the Internet.

Not judging, by the way. People would find my 15 pairs of flip flops excessive. Or 4 pairs of rain boots. Or 5 pairs of Uggs. Or like 15+ pairs of sandals. Or the fact that I almost NEVER wear heels, yet I GAVE AWAY over 20 pairs and have not counted how many I still have. Or my 30 or so flats. Or the obscene amount of purses I own.... lol

Oh I have SUCH A PROBLEM with heels. I finally stopped buying them last year - I love the idea of them but can't wear them unless I'm drunk and don't care how much my feet hurt :P

4.8 miles with intervals done. Showered, breakfast and coffee done.. I suppose it's time to head off to work!

tracilynn

And y'all did notice there was a 2nd page of shoes, right?  Haha

damaris how do you decide which shoes to wear??  How often and when do you wear the hokas?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I knew we were sisters.

After my hallux rigidus diagnosis, I gave away 50 pairs of high heels.  Sniff.

Not judging, by the way. People would find my 15 pairs of flip flops excessive. Or 4 pairs of rain boots. Or 5 pairs of Uggs. Or like 15+ pairs of sandals. Or the fact that I almost NEVER wear heels, yet I GAVE AWAY over 20 pairs and have not counted how many I still have. Or my 30 or so flats. Or the obscene amount of purses I own.... lol

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wear the Hokas for the MLRs only and for multiple marathons (non-PR attempt ones).

Of course I choose the one that matches!

And y'all did notice there was a 2nd page of shoes, right?  Haha

damaris how do you decide which shoes to wear??  How often and when do you wear the hokas?

Damaris

hog4life

Scotty, I actually got to read some of the cartoons today, I can't see them when on my phone. Congrats on your races this past weekend.

Docket, damn that's a lot of shoes!

Kristin, thanks for sharing the pics. My wife has a ton of shoes too, but she has even more purses. Her favorite used to be Coach, I'd say at least 25 of them, glad they're not still her favorite. I should get a pair of new running shoes for each purse, haha.

Margo, yea for new shoes.

Awood, run strong. You are close to Indy, right? I'm trying to look for something in the neighborhood of half way for a FE. I got in the habit of deleting all my runs from my watch after downloading to Garmin Connect.

Traci, yuck on the cotton shirt.

Lauren, hi, nice miles.

I'm going to a stadium tonight for speed work. It will be with the group that I've been running with on the weekends, not sure how fast I can run, but it should be fun. Maybe I will end up with 4-5 miles.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - I'm actually about 3 hours north of Indianapolis, but I do travel a lot.  Didn't your run a half in Tennessee or Kentucky?  That would be fun.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Mitch - I'm actually about 3 hours north of Indianapolis, but I do travel a lot.  Didn't your run a half in Tennessee or Kentucky?  That would be fun.

Yea, Lynchburg, TN. I was thinking something in Kentucky....

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

KY Derby comes to mind, but I haven't researched too much in the area.  Spring would be perfect.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Hello! Need to go check out D's shoes.

13.1M done in the morning and 6M+ done with colleagues after work. So, I guess I somehow fit in a 19M.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

KY Derby comes to mind, but I haven't researched too much in the area.  Spring would be perfect.

That's the one I was thinking about too. Guess we need to do some looking.

SheCan

Good morning Penguins!

I hope all your matutinal penguins are going fine this morning.   Unfortunately this penguin isn't much of a early morning penguin, but it's all much better with a little bit of coffee.  I didn't run today, so I'm sitting out enjoying the still cool day.  I did my 10k race yesterday.  Was a small race with perhaps just over 100 participants.  I think I got 2nd in the 40-45 age group (I'm 47), but the bibs got wet and they had trouble reading them, LOL.  They're really not very particular at this race.  It was super fun though-- lots of hills, perfect temperatures.  I did a  bit better then I had the year before, so that made me happy.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice job, SheCan!

So the class at the gym kicked my butt. Oh man.... it was a lot of burpees, stuff with weights, ect. I don't do a lot of that type of working out so man it was tough!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!!  I got sidetracked by an instrument issue this morning -- looks like I might have blown a board.  That means a service call -- this is not something I can fix myself.  So I got on the phone with tech support for a bit, and now I'm waiting to hear when they can get an engineer in.  My local guy is onsite somewhere else this week and then in training for two weeks, so they'll have to pull someone from either NC or PA to help me.  Thankful that I have a service contract!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sheesh, STOP LOOKING AT MY SHOES!Joking

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Holy smokes, Docket!  Do you have a separate bedroom for all of your shoes??

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.