Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: You're soaking in them right now (Read 46 times)

LRB

LRB

What's up crew!

My Thursday began with the purchase of two pairs of Asics DST 18's for 49 bucks each, giving me three unworn pairs for my stash (four total).

Although the 18's are the 2013 model and there are many other brands and models that are all the rage right now, the 18's work for me, plus I like the way they look.  So while there may be a better shoe available, what good is it if I think it's fugly?

Anyhoo, I am headed out for 7 easy.  See you on the other side peeps! 

delicate flower

Good morning, LRB & The Funky Bunch!  Today is my Friday.  HOORAY FRIDAY!  And after a painful, excruciating, just awful rest day yesterday, I get to run again today.  4 easy miles planned after work.  Went to bed early again last night and banked a little more sleep.

Imagine my excitement when my marathon virtual goodie bag arrived in my in-box this morning!  And as you've probably experienced, that excitement was quickly dashed upon viewing the offers.  You know how these things go.  Big grin

I am so mentally checked out of work right now....

<3

meaghansketch

Good morning Dailies!

Rick- Nice deal on the shoes!

Phil- Yay on the virtual goody bag showing up!  Enjoy your miles.

Today is my Friday also, and I have a couple days off next week!  Track workout with my team tonight, I need to remember to sign up for the next session since I think we've only got 2 more weeks left in this session.

happylily

Morning!

LRB, have a happy 7! DS-T for $50? Wow, runningwarehouse?

Phil, don't forget to hydrate as well. Better now than trying to hydrate too much at the last minute.

Meaghan, enjoy your last day before your long weekend. Have a great run!

I have 4 recovery miles after work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning all. Today is my Thursday. 8 easy.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, fine folk.

No running today. I will spend the morning chaperoning DS's class field trip to a one-room schoolhouse museum (at least I think that's what it is). If we get back in time, I'll catch the noon strength training class. If not, complete rest day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

DS-T for $50? Wow, runningwarehouse?

You would think so right?  No, they are $58 at RW, $49 at Amazon.

LRB

I will spend the morning chaperoning DS's class field trip to a one-room schoolhouse museum (at least I think that's what it is).

Little boys love hot moms on field trips, be prepared for autograph requests. 

What's up peeps!

I ended up doing 7.5 miles and despite the fact that I ran a square the entire thing was into the wind, what?

And now for today's useless fact; all of my runs this week began at 6:50 AM.  Okay then.

LRB

Morning!  Working from home.  Pilates tonight.

There is a rumor you have a race report on the main page, would you like to confirm or deny that?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Day today! I get my Tahoe back finally!

Short story: about a couple weeks ago, maybe a month it started acting weird but would never act "weird" when I would have DH look or listen. Then The Saturday morning before we left for Tennessee it was really showing bad signs, like not shifting gears right, "shuffling" back and forward (if that makes sense). DH drove it around and first thought it was the torque converter thingy, so we opted to rent a mini van for the Tennessee trip ( I am an SUV chick, I am not a soccer mom! But it was comfy), thank fates we did as I was headed into work Monday in the Tahoe and the RPM which during Sunday would't go above 2,000 was suddenly jumping to 5,000 and I was barely reaching 40 mph. DH takes it in, first initial diagnosis was that something was clogging up the transmission filter or whatever filter is in the transmission so DH told the guy to just replace that rather than spend around $2,000 on the whole thing. A few hours later (Monday) the guy calls and says that the filter is being clogged by pieces of the transmission  and the whole transmission or a lot of it needed to be replaced (around $1,700). It was around 2 PM and I ended up having to rent a shitty little Hyundai Tuscon or what I have nicknamed "TrunktooTinyforMyJunk", I hate this thing! BUT I will finally be with my Tahoe this morning, and get rid of this thing so happy day!!!!

No running today, maybe some ab strengthening and stuff like that.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. I did 4 Easy miles in 40 degrees this morning. 0 wind out, so it wasn't actually too bad. Just a long sleeved tech tee.

DW and I are going to look at another house today. Expectations are a little lower, and actually we're getting to the point where we won't want to buy before my wife delivers DD#2. We might need to put the house stuff on hold. DW and I talked last night and we might just stay in our house. Our realtor spent some money by getting our house photographed, and now we're thinking about backing out. I feel bad for him, but it is what it is.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is a rumor you have a race report on the main page, would you like to confirm or deny that?

No comment. 

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning was a Tremallose Thursday for me.

Tremallose: gelatinous

Which is a bit what my legs felt like after my 3rd consecutive day of running, which is unusual for me, but this is my second week doing it, as I am experimenting with upping my running days for the week to 5 instead of 4.  By the end of my miles today my legs were shaking a bit like gelatin in a bowl.    After work yesterday I went and did 3 miles at Fort Sam Houston.   Temperature was 89 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 92, but the humidity was pretty low - 42% - and there was a really nice wind blowing too that felt really good. I actually felt pretty good the whole way.   This morning Gail had to be at work very early so she got up at 4:45.   Since she woke me up I figured I might as well get my run/walk in.  So got some water in me, drove to the nearby YMCA and was out for my run/walk by 5:45.  Morning running here is quite different than PM running.  While the temp was lower - 73 degrees at 6 a.m. - the humidity and dew-point was MUCH higher than for PM running here:  80 percent humidity, dew-point of 68, gaaack!  Lots of moisture in the air, felt at times like I was running through a steam room.  Ended up with another 3 miles done and for my last 1/2 mile my back was telling me in no uncertain times that it did not like 3 days in a row running.   Well, I certainly don't want to push the 5 days if it's bothering me and stupidly injure something, so I may just go back to my usual 4-days a week running schedule, and just be happy for what I can do.  I don't get a whole lot of weekly mileage built up with 4-days a week running, but at least the 4-day schedule does not bother my back.  So be it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt