Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: You're soaking in them right now (Read 46 times)

outoftheblue

Love the Dailies title; That commercial used to always crack me up.

Big thunder and rain storm last night.  Yay for rain.  I've got 8 or 9 miles on tap this morning after I coffee up.

Phil -- Good luck this weekend!!!!!  How's the weather looking?

Life is good.

Zelanie

I got to the track yesterday, and the woman who organizes it admitted that she made yesterday's workout up herself.  Did I call it or what?  It was a good practice for getting a feel for the pace, though, and the 200m recoveries kept things interesting.  Today I have the kids' track club in the AM and the social run in the PM, maybe for 8 total.

LRB- When I was in PT for my knee, they said that one of my quads was firing slowly.  So, they did this biofeedback thing where the electrodes would contract the muscle while I would try to do it myself at the same time.   There was a little screen that showed whether me trying to use the muscle was doing anything at all (had to get the little line up over the target).  Don't know if they have a similar process they can do for butt muscles.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the news shoes, LRB.  I've been running in the Nimbus for years.  I didn't know what a DS-18 is, so I had to go look it up.  Apparently, a shoe like the Nimubs - for a neutral or underpronating runner, which is what I am - but a lot lighter than the Nimbus.  From the reviews I read of people using them, it seems to be a well-liked shoe, but probably is too light for me since I'm 203 lbs.   Congrats on your miles and on overcoming the fickle wind.

Happy early Friday to you, Baboon!   So what was in the virtual goodie bag?

Happy early Friday to you too, Meaghan!  Enjoy the track work with the team.

Enjoy your recovery miles, Lily.

8 easy done already, DaveP?  Or to do?  Either way, hope all your miles are happy ones.

Do you use a pilates DVD or something, Damaris?  Or do you just know the pilates routine by heart-and-memory and just do it?

Happy field trip, Step! Hope all the kiddies behave for you.

FreeSoul, glad the Sad Tahoe Saga  is over for you.  Hopefully it will behave for you for a while now.  Enjoy your rest day.

40 degrees, dang, Andrew....you had your week of Spring and Summer and now winter is coming early again?    As for the house...hey, y'all gotta do what you gotta do, what you know is right for you,  the realtor will get over it. It's a fact of life for realtors...life happens, people change their minds....he'll deal with it.

Good luck with your miles, outoftheblue.  Is DH home from his trip now?

Enjoy your a.m. and pm running, Zelanie. I dunno, Zelanie...butt electrodes on LRB...he's in pretty good shape....one gluteus maximus 'flex' and he might short-circuit the whole system!     Butt electrodes, oh my....he'll need some 'comforting' after that...how about some cake?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

Phil -- Good luck this weekend!!!!!  How's the weather looking?

Low of 50, high of 73, partly sunny with 30% chance of showers, light wind.  So a little warm but otherwise good.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Got my easy 5 in last night and another easy 4 in this morning, both runs were sweat fests and the dewpoint is only up to the mid 60s, gonna be a sweaty summer. lol

Nice find on the shoes Rick, gotta grab 'em while you can.  I have no problems running in an old model (if I like them of course), which is good since I buy all of my shoes on liquidation.

Scotty, I don't even want to know what the deal is with that cake. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Scotty

Gelatin legs is a good sign! Keep it up and they will get stronger, before too long you will start looking at doubles.  

Baboon

Inquiring minds want to know the goodies!

Zelanie  re: LRB re: scotty

um...

That cake reminds me of really REALLY deviant behavior.  Not that I am judging what you do in the privacy of your own domicile.  But man...

AM

off

PM

Coach

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi ya, Dailies.

I went out for a 6 mile easy jog last night and my legs felt a bit tired, not fresh, like Baboon's. It might be because I had a massage the day before and that hurt quite a bit. SRD today and an easy three tomorrow and Saturday. Eh, we'll see how it goes.

Buh-bye for now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, I pay for private classes and it's on top of a reformer (aka torture device), LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi ya, Dailies.

I went out for a 6 mile easy jog last night and my legs felt a bit tired, not fresh, like Baboon's. It might be because I had a massage the day before and that hurt quite a bit. SRD today and an easy three tomorrow and Saturday. Eh, we'll see how it goes.

Buh-bye for now.

Massages made my legs sore.  Buh-bye and good luck!

Damaris

Zelanie

Here's a question for Damaris. I signed up for my half in Costa Rica last night, and on the registration page, they had a box for "lateralizacion". They want to know if I'm right or left handed? Why? Is this a common question in Latin America for some strange reason, or an oddity of this race?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here's a question for Damaris. I signed up for my half in Costa Rica last night, and on the registration page, they had a box for "lateralizacion". They want to know if I'm right or left handed? Why? Is this a common question in Latin America for some strange reason, or an oddity of this race?

No idea why.  Maybe to see which side the water stations should be at?  Or maybe for emergency purposes?  I have never heard of that.

Damaris

B-Plus

Low of 50, high of 73, partly sunny with 30% chance of showers, light wind.  So a little warm but otherwise good.

Run fast to avoid the highs! Good luck Baboon.

10 later.

Baboon

delicate flower

Run fast to avoid the highs! Good luck Baboon.

Hopefully it'll be in the low 60's when I'm finishing, plus the last 45 minutes or so are along Lake Champlain so I'm hoping for some cool air there.

Re: the goodie bag, since I don't want to work and am full of high test coffee right now, here are the contents of the virtual goodie bag (all online offers unless noted):

ProCompression ad

20% off redfox wireless headphones

sale on Endevr ID bracelets

$50 off Ragnar Adirondacks registration

$10 off shoes at the local New Balance store

$10 off Roll Recovery roller

20% off Timex Sport watches

30% off framing of picture or bib

$10 off some American Lung Association marathon

$15 Heartbreak Hill HM

Sketchers ad

20% off a full price item at City Sports

KeyBank ad (main sponsor)

$10 off at the local Fleet Feet store

10% off Janji gear at the expo (what the hell is a Janji gear?)

15% off a full price item at the local North Face store

25% off a Trigger Pin therapy roller

Adirondack Marathon Festival ad

Headband offer at Bondi Band

Free running hat for MVP Healthcare members (of which I am not)

15% off headband at Sew What Vermont

$25 off your first Crystal Rock order

Hoka OneOne ad

Pandora charm ad

Girls on the Run Vermont ad

Running apparel sale at Skirack (ok??)

20% off Garuka Bars (energy bars)

30% off Vermont Village Applesauce

I will redeem none of these.  Glad they didn't waste paper!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's a huge goody bag!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

That's a huge goody bag!

It is a virtual goodie bag, i.e. it's an e-mail with a crapload of links.  Don't you worry....I'll walk out of the expo with a bag full of proper freebies.  If there are handouts at the expo, I will sniff them out.  Yes, I need that stress ball that the local recycling compay is handing out.

<3