Beginners and Beyond

Good Luck with Surgery, Oski!!! (Read 88 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good stuff!

bluerun

Super B****

Good luck!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oski is out of surgery!  HOORAY!

Did you get a "I am not dead...hooray!" text?  I sent out a few of those from my hospital bed.

Running is dumb.

Baboon

delicate flower

Did you get a "I am not dead...hooray!" text?  I sent out a few of those from my hospital bed.

I am getting updates from Mr. Oski via FB and my wife.  Doc says he fixed everything it looked like an athletic injury more than wear and tear.

<3

meaghansketch

Good luck with your recovery, Oski!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski is out of surgery!  HOORAY!

Woohoo!

Damaris

Pinktastic

Hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery, Oski!

Remember, your body is working hard to heal, and that calls for major carb-loading so see to it that you comply!   :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

B-Plus

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hip Redux

Thanks guys!!  I'm home and planted on the couch.   I had to stay a bit longer in the recovery room because my pain was a little out of control post-surgery.   I'm sort of high right now. lol

Yeah, the doctor was impressed by how big the tear was, especially since it didn't look that bad on the MRI.  His exact comment was "I see this sort of thing in college athletes.  Usually in people approaching 40, it's more wear and tear type degradation.   This was just a traumatic athletic event."    I took this to mean that I am as fit as a college athlete.  That's what he meant, right?

obiebyke

Oski, yay for checking in and it sounds lie it went well!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

DavePNW

Congrats Oski!

Not sure it's a good thing for an orthopedic surgeon to be "impressed" by something. But glad it got fixed.

Don't forget to eat & drink like a college athlete, i.e. heavily.

Mandy, please provide Oski with a copy of your crutch-walking training log. We'll see if she can beat your crutch-mile PR.

Dave

SheCan

I hope you have a quick and easy recovery time, Oski!   I know it's boring when you can't get up and about, so I'm posting these.  Just color them, and try them on your Oski paper doll when you want to imagine yourself all healed up and back to your normal routine:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

workinprogress11

Speedy recovery to you ,Oski!  Enjoy those pain meds.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks guys!!  I'm home and planted on the couch.   I had to stay a bit longer in the recovery room because my pain was a little out of control post-surgery.   I'm sort of high right now. lol

Yeah, the doctor was impressed by how big the tear was, especially since it didn't look that bad on the MRI.  His exact comment was "I see this sort of thing in college athletes.  Usually in people approaching 40, it's more wear and tear type degradation.   This was just a traumatic athletic event."    I took this to mean that I am as fit as a college athlete.  That's what he meant, right?

LMFAO.  When I was reading what the doctor said, I thought: if that was me, I would have answered, I'm an athlete!  Glad you're home.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I hope you have a quick and easy recovery time, Oski!   I know it's boring when you can't get up and about, so I'm posting these.  Just color them, and try them on your Oski paper doll when you want to imagine yourself all healed up and back to your normal routine:

Hilarious!   What I need right now are real clothes that do that because I cannot get underwear on LOL

D - totally!  I am an athlete.