Beginners and Beyond

Good Luck with Surgery, Oski!!! (Read 88 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After heart surgery it's normal to feel a little off!... (924660)

Good luck Oski!   And....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

on my way to badass

Thanks guys!!  I'm home and planted on the couch.   I had to stay a bit longer in the recovery room because my pain was a little out of control post-surgery.   I'm sort of high right now. lol

Yeah, the doctor was impressed by how big the tear was, especially since it didn't look that bad on the MRI.  His exact comment was "I see this sort of thing in college athletes.  Usually in people approaching 40, it's more wear and tear type degradation.   This was just a traumatic athletic event."    I took this to mean that I am as fit as a college athlete.  That's what he meant, right?

Yes. he meant you are fit as a college athlete. Good luck in your recovery!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Enjoy those pain meds.

I know that's right!

delicate flower

I know that's right!

Well, that is mostly true.....

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hilarious!   What I need right now are real clothes that do that because I cannot get underwear on LOL

D - totally!  I am an athlete.  

I usually have that ^^ issue early in the morning pre-bathroom.   

Great news about the surgery, now heal up quickly!

SheCan

Hilarious!   What I need right now are real clothes that do that because I cannot get underwear on LOL

D - totally!  I am an athlete.  

I think that's sort of how those hospital gowns work.  just a couple of flaps holding them in place, and they gap & show everything beneath every time you move.  Well, don't worry about real clothes right now anyways, just rest and heal and enjoy nakie time!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

Of course you're an athlete! Why the heck don't they keep you overnight? You get cut up and they send you home the same day? That's rough...

I totally love paper dolls. Too bad we live so far from each other, I would love to go play with you during your recovery. (now I know this sounds weird, but if we were 13, it would be innocent, right? That's how I meant it. For real. )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Philliefan33

Hope you have a speedy recovery!  Have fun going commando.

Hip Redux

Hope you have a speedy recovery!  Have fun going commando.

Thanks!

When I got out of the car, my skirt was caught in my wrap and so I flashed my neighbors. :P

DavePNW

When I got out of the car, my skirt was caught in my wrap and so I flashed my neighbors. :P

Pics or it didn't happen!

Dave

Hip Redux

Pics or it didn't happen!

You're missing that part in your composite, aren't you?

Antipodean

All the best for your recovery, Oski. May it be swift and yet sensible!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

DavePNW

You're missing that part in your composite, aren't you?

I actually started to write something like that, but couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound creepy. (Once in a while I show some discretion.)

Dave

Hip Redux

I actually started to write something like that, but couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound creepy. (Once in a while I show some discretion.)

Clearly, I have no such scruples.

Rondog65

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)