Beginners and Beyond

Good Luck with Surgery, Oski!!! (Read 88 times)

Recover well!

DavePNW

Clearly, I have no such scruples.

You have the excuse of being heavily medicated, so you will be able to get away with a lot for a while.

Dave

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Go Oski!!

BTW, my whole pelvic region aches with empathy.  

Everybody, please stop tearing labrums, k?

Randy

StepbyStep-SH

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

wishing you the best....you college athlete!

marathon pr - 3:16

Hip Redux

Thanks all!

Little Blue

I'm not even clear what a labrum is, but anything torn sounds painful.  Glad you made it out alive!

Hip Redux

I'm not even clear what a labrum is, but anything torn sounds painful.  Glad you made it out alive!

Here's is a good explanation, if you are curious (article is about a football player).  I actually had what's called the "triple impingement" - meaning, I had too much bone on my hip socket and femur and also had my psoas tendon impinging on my labrum.   All fixed now!

tracilynn

Glad it's fixed and wishing you a speedy recovery.

So is it something you were born with? And got aggravated from running?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Hip Redux

Glad it's fixed and wishing you a speedy recovery.

So is it something you were born with? And got aggravated from running?

Not entirely sure.  For whatever reason, I had extra bone where it wasn't needed in my hip and it sliced the labrum.  Dr said it wasn't "wear and tear" but more like an acute injury.

My grandmother had a lot of problems with her hip (same hip) and so it wouldn't surprise me if we had same bone issues and that there's a hereditary aspect to it.

Love the Half

Good luck and speedy healing.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Will run for scenery.

You and your grandmother have the same hip ? That sounds like your problem right there. 

I hope the new lube and gaskets work out for you.  And I hope the neighbors don't get the wrong idea....

Enjoy your drugs and sofa time.  Don't be a stranger (says the stranger...)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Don't be a stranger (says the stranger...)

Hard to get involved in a lot of discussions on a running forum when you aren't running!  

outoftheblue

Sending healing vibes.   May your recovery is as fast as some of the people on this forum.

Life is good.

LRB

Hard to get involved in a lot of discussions on a running forum when you aren't running!  

That's about to change though as I am sure you are plotting the training for your return and big events as well.

Will there be a Halloween race in your future or turkey trot or something even sooner perhaps?