Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins are Brought to you by the Letter J! (Read 25 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Nah, I think the high is something like 30 today, and I am way too much a cold weather wuss to get out in it.  Maybe yoga tonight, we'll see.  Definitely yoga this weekend, my knee is fussing a bit, and I'm only about six weeks away from standing on stage in high heels, singing and dancing.  So it's serious knee rehab time.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Greetings from South Beach. Wonderful 5 miler this morning on the boardwalk.  FE time.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

What up, just checking in... Swam (swum?) at the Y yesterday during lunch. Nothing intense, just  cruising up and down a few times, even that made my knee hurt... W. T. F. 

Oh well, looks like it's another week or 2 of sitting around like a slug. Guess I'll focus on losing some more weight and strength training, which I wish I had started months ago. Anywayz, everyone enjoy your training today!

Zelanie

My presentation doesn't start for 10 minutes but there are people here already so I am looking busy by checking in here. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Mel!

Damaris

Zelanie

This is worse than a race starting line because it would look funny if I was hopping around or doing leg swings.

hog4life

Zel, hope you r presentation goes well.

Jerry, jealous of the FE with Damaris.

Traci, I signed up for the Cotton Row yesterday, both of them.

I went and bought 2 bikes yesterday, ended up buying new ones after the test rides of a couple used ones. I missed my run, but plan to hit the TM at work before heading home, I really need to do about 10 miles with at least 6 at tempo.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Zel, hope you r presentation goes well.

Jerry, jealous of the FE with Damaris.

Traci, I signed up for the Cotton Row yesterday, both of them.

I went and bought 2 bikes yesterday, ended up buying new ones after the test rides of a couple used ones. I missed my run, but plan to hit the TM at work before heading home, I really need to do about 10 miles with at least 6 at tempo.

What kind of bikes did you get? I'm looking at bikes myself

PADRunner

The joly penguins jaunting there way from January to June jabbering of jogging and jumping through jagged race jams.

Shoveling compost and mulch today.

hog4life

What kind of bikes did you get? I'm looking at bikes myself

I bought Fuji Traverse 1.7 for me, and Fuji Traverse 1.7 D Stagger, for the Mrs. They were $510 each. Others I was looking at were the Specialized Cross Trail, Conondale Quick 4 or 5, Scott Sportster 60. Just so ya know, it's worse than picking out shoes, or a couch/sofa.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Plans are made for a 1pm FE.

And my TM arrived.  Box is damaged.  Hoping we don't have to return it.

The box or the TM?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Done! Think it went pretty well. Now off to find a good food cart.

D- Hope the TM wasn't damaged!

Mitch- Congrats on the bikes!

PAD- Jauntily joining the jabber with a jingle!

SO- Sounds like you have a good plan for the downtime.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay for warmer weather for you, Traci!

Cheddar beer soup?  Enjoy your yoga, HsM.  Dancing in high heels on a stage, that must take some practice.

The way our temps are going, Damaris, probably the same for us, we'll be in the 90s before May too.  I expect we will both have a lot of over-100-degrees days this summer....oh what fun!

Why do you have so many turkeys in your area, Ginny?   Hope the weather behaves for your hike!

Sounds like a nice run, Jerry!  Enjoy the FE, give Damaris a big hug.

Swam (swum?) Just use the Texas version, SO42..."I swimmed at the Y..."      Sorry about the knee...hurting even in the water, that sucks.   Instead of 'regular" swimming, you might get an aquajogger belt and try pool running.  You will be vertical with this and your legs won't kick as much as when you do regular swimming so that might be easier on your knee. Doc had me doing pool running for my knee surgery rehabs and it did help.

Enjoy the new bikes, Mitch!  Dang..$510 per bike?  Must be nice to be rich!     When I need a new bike, I usually just go to Walmart and get the one-hundred-something dollars special...

Shoveling compost and mulch today.  Dang, PAD, that sounds like a shitload of work.  Careful of your back!

Glad your presentation went well, Zelanie

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Dancing in high heels on a stage, that must take some practice.

Wow, Scotty, I expected a naughtier remark out of you!  Are you losing your edge?  Turning in your DOMIS card? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - the turkeys are out there because our neighborhood is surrounded by orchards (apple and peach) and cornfields.  We have lots of deer and turkeys in the woods behind the house.  17 at once was a record though.

Mitch - I'd like to get a bike, but I am so totally ignorant I wouldn't know where to start.  I haven't owned a bike in 25 or so years and my DH never learned to ride one.  But I'd like to do some long distance bicycling in the future.

D - hope the TM isn't damaged.