Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES for some, Fake FriDAILIES for others (Read 33 times)

LRB

Morning!  My track workout yesterday was a success!

Sa-weeet!

I miss my 5k training days at the track, though they were hard as hell, they were over relatively quickly compared to these awful marathon quality sessions, which also take longer to recover from.

You will no doubt be dreaming of your workouts like I do in short order.  ; )

Enjoy your 23 miles today SIAR, and yeah, you are flippin' crazy...wait, what's that?  I did 21 miles in one day two weeks ago?  Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Never mind! lol

LRB

Ever get up at 5:30 and drive 15 minutes in the opposite direction of work to go to the Y and get there and find out the pool is closed for 2 weeks?

Pretty much; the sheriffs department padlocked my gym (Powerhouse) due to bankruptcy, two separate times, at two different locations!  By the time the third location closed, I was only surprised that it took so long!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

As the day goes on, my hamstrings are getting more unhappy. lol

And I am craving something sweet now.  THANKS GUYS.

I'm sweet....I know cuz just the other day I helped some lady and she said "You're so sweet..."   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Pinktastic

I'm back on the DL - stress fracture in my left foot (the torn tendon from earlier this year was the right foot / ankle).   No idea what I did to cause this, but it sure is frustrating.

So....    I'm eating a lot of ice cream at my desk today.    :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

oh PINK!!! That sucks

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sorry to hear this.

I'm back on the DL - stress fracture in my left foot (the torn tendon from earlier this year was the right foot / ankle).   No idea what I did to cause this, but it sure is frustrating.

Damaris

LRB

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sarah, I'm sorry. Sad Hugs.

Jess runs for bacon

Ice cream is acceptable in this situation :hugs:

Just finished up the speed workout in Focus T25. I'm trying it on my off-running days at first until I finish the first week's videos. If I can I will more heavily incorporate it into my marathon training. But only if it doesn't beat me up too much. Anyway, it was a great workout!

Baboon

delicate flower

Well that sucks.  Sad  Very sorry to hear about that, Pink.

<3

Pinktastic

Thanks everyone!   It does indeed suck.   But, at least it doesn't require surgery to put a pin in to fix it at this point.   It might end up there if it doesn't heal or gets worse, but for now, just the walking cast.

And, I'm counting on the universe to give me lots of excellent running consistency for an extended period of time after this!!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

And, I'm counting on the universe to give me lots of excellent running consistency for an extended period of time after this!!!

Glass half-full gal 'eh?  Be still my beating heart!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so behind!!! I haven't really been on here much during my vacation. Let's see if I have the patience later to go through old daily thrads and see what you were all up to.

Yesterday I did 5 miles along the South Beach boardwalk in Miami. It was POURING rain the whole time. Probably more pleasant than the humidity Damaris complains about though so I won't complain too much...and then the rain cleared and it ended up being a lovely beach day in spite of the forecast. My dad started the run with me but his hamstring was really  bothering him so at 2.5 miles out, where we turned he told me to go ahead and he would walk back and meet me at the hotel. I felt bad so I finished my 5 by kind of running little out and backs and then when I was done could walk the rest of the way back with him and not leave him to walk alone in the rain the whole 2.5 miles.

Home from Miami now. 12 days of travelling done. Staying at my parents' in NJ tonight then will return to Brooklyn tomorrow.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

My parents are here for the weekend so I spent the evening MOM cleaning.  The worst!  My mother will still find something to nag me about though, so I don't know why I bother.  Smile

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

well that blows.