Beginners and Beyond

Sticky icky, icky ThursDAILIES (Read 57 times)

Ric-G

LRB- good call...some people are NOT worth it

D - enjoy the peace and quiet

marjorie - good to know it's getting the attention it deserves

baboon - nice pace!

lilac - a swim sounds good

oski - schedule...schmedule...you got it in the bag

april - get 'er done

bruce - sounds like the recovery is going well

brrr - nice finish

Trod - cool about the people @ work

SIAR - congrats on the OA win!

zel - enjoy the social run

scotty - nice when the bosses are gone

MrN - good luck with the pushups

dave - heal up

bplus - hit it!

5 this morning as it's definitely heating up. more later at soccer practice. off tomorrow so doing 10+ in the AM. then yard sale on saturday. have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10 miles of running, easy pace on a difficult route.

Ric...Thanks!  Have fun with that double.  Sounds like you're a busy guy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A well laid plan:

Do my long run today. I have off my full-time job and all the time in the world. I A) Have a busy weekend visiting my boyfriend and would rather do shorter runs then, and B) That gives me a full week between my LR and my 10K on the 4th and only shorter runs in between

Result:

I apparently have a slow learning curve. We are in a heat wave, and the past 2 runs I have done this week on my week off work I have lamented starting too late and it being too hot (8:30 being "too late") but getting up before sunrise on a day off is tough. So when did I start my run today? 10:30am. And what was the weather? high 80s, "feels like" 90, 69% humidity. I lost 2 lbs of sweat during my run (weighed myself before and after) even while drinking 20 oz of water during it. Every inch of my clothing was soaked.....my visor was literally soaked to the brim. So I did 7 miles, it wasn't that fun, and my pace was a humiliating 13:27. Yeah that's a solid minute slower than RECOVERY pace. Damaris, I don;t know how you do it, but mad respect!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You ran it as you should, adjusting pace for weather (even though it was forced).  Always slow down and never run at 10:30am!  Now hydrate.  I lose 5-7lbs during 5 milers during the Summer.  I've learned to drink some Gatorade before and a lot more afterwards.  Beer helps (after, of course), LOL.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Beer? Ok got it! LOL I like that secret!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I fear I have created a monster....

Beer? Ok got it! LOL I like that secret!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

3 miles done in feels-like 86* with 67* dewpoint. Ew.

Good timing too, because my phone just told me there's a tornado watch in effect until 10pm. I live in a valley so we don't get them here, but Delaware and NJ get them occasionally. The watch encompasses a lot of counties in those states.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stay safe!  We have hail and funnel clouds advisory.  We just got hit with a lightning strike behind our house.  Hershey jumped 3 feet.  I didn't jump as much but I yelled fuck really loud so Hershey must be deaf and scared now.

Damaris

Hip Redux

hey guys, just thought i'd stop in and say hello!

Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged into the dailies.  Big grin

Dave - muscle sounds better than the knee being the issue.  Take it easy and I'm sure you'll be back in no time.

B+ - have fun at the track.

Just back from a trip to the vet.  $300 for the doctor to tell me my dog has a bum neck.  Poor puppy.   At least I know how she feels!

MrNamtor

Haha.  You never answered my question in your RR.  Are those running shoes?

The girl in the store told me they were running shoes when I bought them. They say "Nike" on them, so, you know.

MrNamtor

Thanks for the welcome Oski! Good to see you.

Dave, I haven't run marathons like you have though. I'd probably need to hop on the short bus at this point at around mile 18 if i even tried.  Plus with the miles you're putting in now i wouldn't want to even guess what your next half's time is going to be, but I'm pretty sure its going to be fast.

The other thing that bothered me though about your post was when you told b-plus that he wasn't the guy running behind me because he's be way in front of me or something like that. All that is true, i probably wouldn't even see B plus except as a far off figure in the first minutes of the race. But you didn't have to point that out. It made me sad inside. Sad

Jess runs for bacon

I didn't swim today, just kind of sat by the pool thinking about swimming.

just in case you are curious, I am terrified of thunderstorms. We have a big one coming through right now. So I am hiding in my one bathroom, with the fan running so I can't hear anything. I am such a chicken shit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are funny.  Did he make you cry too? Wink

Thanks for the welcome Oski! Good to see you.

Dave, I haven't run marathons like you have though. I'd probably need to hop on the short bus at this point at around mile 18 if i even tried.  Plus with the miles you're putting in now i wouldn't want to even guess what your next half's time is going to be, but I'm pretty sure its going to be fast.

The other thing that bothered me though about your post was when you told b-plus that he wasn't the guy running behind me because he's be way in front of me or something like that. All that is true, i probably wouldn't even see B plus except as a far off figure in the first minutes of the race. But you didn't have to point that out. It made me sad inside. Sad

Damaris

MrNamtor

You are funny.  Did he make you cry too? Wink

I cried on the inside

outoftheblue

Checking in late today.  Busy day, but I squeezed in 5.5 miles.  I've officially migrated from recovery pace to the upper end of my easy pace.

Life is good.