Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Sweet & Creamy (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just back from four easy miles along the beach.

I'm a lawyer, and the rule in the firm I'm in is if the courthouse is open, we're open.  The exception to that is Veteran's day.  The court is closed, but we're open.  The other exception is the day after Thanksgiving.  The court is open and we're closed.

In my case, the Court is closed for the day after Thanksgiving and we are fucking open.  We would gladly exchange Columbus day for that day!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Just another perk of working with the military, they had off today for a 96 (four day break), so the office is a ghost town, and the building is closed tomorrow. 

Didn't feel like getting out of bed and running in the cold this morning, so I'll run this afternoon/evening.

Injury paranoia is starting to set in.  I slipped on a wet spot in the kitchen yesterday and spent the rest of the day wondering if I had pulled something in my leg. lol  I need to wrap myself in bubble wrap for the rest of the week! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Drop down and give me 20!

That is not as easy these days as it should or used to be. lol  Do you do them at Pilates?

Some people like puny lily, and some love it!

Congrats on the mileage Kristin, I suppose you could have run .9 less as well.  lol

Boon pie?  I like it. 

Scotty I thought your camera was-built in.  lol

Sounds like you need "a shot of adrenaline" RG.  That is what they call me in the office, I am not sure if it is good or bad though.  Smile

Hi Blue!  Have you decided on your marathon gear yet or waiting for a final weather report?  Anything new going on in the hen house?

Where's work taking you this time Marj?

Good luck with the strength work BP, them shits be tough for real.  lol

The good thing about your profession Lurch is you can always write a law to change what you do not like.  Big grin

LRB

Injury paranoia is starting to set in.  I slipped on a wet spot in the kitchen yesterday and spent the rest of the day wondering if I had pulled something in my leg. lol  I need to wrap myself in bubble wrap for the rest of the week! 

It is easy to say to try not to worry about it but the truth is until you are across that finish line it is always in the back (or front) or our heads!

LRB

As for me, I ended up having a pretty good workout albeit nowhere near what I am capable of once I really get back into things, but for now I am happy as what matters most is actually doing stuff.

I did pushups, chin-ups, bench dips, and pullups in a circuit and did that circuit three times which took about 50 minutes.

I will eventually incorporate some hip, core and lower body stuff in there but I have the nest four months to work on that, and I will.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all.

Some upper body strengthening today, along with a hike with the minion and dog later this afternoon.

My hamstring is acting up again, and I am wondering if it is the hyperextension back machine thing..... which would be really upsetting because I love that Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is not as easy these days as it should or used to be. lol  Do you do them at Pilates?

Some people like puny lily, and some love it!

Congrats on the mileage Kristin, I suppose you could have run .9 less as well.  lol

Boon pie?  I like it. 

Scotty I thought your camera was-built in.  lol

Sounds like you need "a shot of adrenaline" RG.  That is what they call me in the office, I am not sure if it is good or bad though.  Smile

Hi Blue!  Have you decided on your marathon gear yet or waiting for a final weather report?  Anything new going on in the hen house?

Where's work taking you this time Marj?

Good luck with the strength work BP, them shits be tough for real.  lol

The good thing about your profession Lurch is you can always write a law to change what you do not like.  Big grin

I do 50 daily on my own but sometimes she wants to kill me and makes me do more.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What up all.

Some upper body strengthening today, along with a hike with the minion and dog later this afternoon.

My hamstring is acting up again, and I am wondering if it is the hyperextension back machine thing..... which would be really upsetting because I love that Sad

Hyperextensions can do that.  Stop that for a few days/weeks and see if it comes back.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hyperextensions can do that.  Stop that for a few days/weeks and see if it comes back.

Yeah, I know the hamstring was acting up for about 3 weeks before the marathon, didn't feel it during the race though. I didn't use the hyperextension that week before the race, while also focusing on stretches.

What other strengthening exercises can you do for the lower back? Ones that don't involve going to a gym...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Yeah, I know the hamstring was acting up for about 3 weeks before the marathon, didn't feel it during the race though. I didn't use the hyperextension that week before the race, while also focusing on stretches.

What other strengthening exercises can you do for the lower back? Ones that don't involve going to a gym...

I have a little bit of history with weight lifting and never really did anything to specifically target the lower back.

You can google an exercise called good mornings but my focus was always to have good form and posture for the lower back rather than to strengthen it.

In that regard, dead lifts and squats were more than adequate, both of which target a multitude of muscles instead of one specific area.

DavePNW

Yo. Just checking back in from my idleness. Today was my initial PT evaluation. My PT is actually a DPT, meaning she has a doctorate, which I don't know if it makes a difference but sounds impressive I guess. More importantly she is a runner, and in fact just ran the Detroit Marathon herself (in 3:34). So she understands me.  I'm still not sure whether the PT will get me back to running faster than just resting, but I figure I'll give it a try.

Dave

happylily

Yo. Just checking back in from my idleness. Today was my initial PT evaluation. My PT is actually a DPT, meaning she has a doctorate, which I don't know if it makes a difference but sounds impressive I guess. More importantly she is a runner, and in fact just ran the Detroit Marathon herself (in 3:34). So she understands me.  I'm still not sure whether the PT will get me back to running faster than just resting, but I figure I'll give it a try.

The fact that she's a runner is certainly a good thing, Dave. Is your knee pain still as bad, or does it feel a tad better with the self-imposed rest?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Now that I've received my 5 pairs of shoes from RW, the freaking GC promo is on  They still have stock of all the shoes I ordered on discount too 

B-Plus

I have been slowly making my way through Lily's trip report. Great read so far! Day 3 is up next ...

LRB

My girl at red cord is a runner, which is an awesome resource but more importantly as you said; she gets it.

Oh, and nice of you to drop in!