Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Sweet & Creamy (Read 38 times)

B-Plus

Lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How early can you let kids run races? I am seriously considering letting Dorian do some trail 5ks by next Fall..... we went for a hike today, just a little under 3 miles and he just about ran the whole way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

How early can you let kids run races? I am seriously considering letting Dorian do some trail 5ks by next Fall..... we went for a hike today, just a little under 3 miles and he just about ran the whole way.

Wasn't there a 2 year old that won a marathon somewhere. 

onemile

For the sake of the internet I better do just a lil better than that. lol

That was exactly my point. Most people can run FASTER than the McMillan equivalent for their marathon time. I can't understand why I can't manage to run a 6:45 paced 5k. It's just stupid.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wasn't there a 2 year old that won a marathon somewhere. 

You're being a smart ass aren't you.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles and heavy weights done.  I will have to cut the albuterol before and during the runs.  First, it elevates my HR like a mother fucker and also gives me tachychardia forcing me to slow down.  Meh.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He's so cute, he has no problem running from me as you can see in the first pic, but when I try to get ahead of him he slows to a walk......... he's a smartass like his father 

PRs

LRB

That was exactly my point. Most people can run FASTER than the McMillan equivalent for their marathon time. I can't understand why I can't manage to run a 6:45 paced 5k. It's just stupid.

We're gonna work on that this off-season.  Everything you need is there, it's all in the application.  Pick an April 5k with a flat or relatively flat course, and plan to kill it.

MTA: Oh shit, you are running Boston.  I'm fuckin stupid.   

LRB

You're being a smart ass aren't you.....

You resort to swearing as a first defense, which means you have no defense. 

onemile

We're gonna work on that this off-season.  Everything you need is there, it's all in the application.  Pick an April 5k with a flat or relatively flat course, and plan to kill it.

MTA: Oh shit, you are running Boston.  I'm fuckin stupid.   

I'm running Boston but I am not training for it. 5k or 10k training is the plan.

LRB

I'm running Boston but I am not training for it. 5k or 10k training is the plan.

It's on like Cheech and Chong! 

LRB

I will have to cut the albuterol before and during the runs.  First, it elevates my HR like a mother fucker and also gives me tachychardia forcing me to slow down.  Meh.

When did this become apparent?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You resort to swearing as a first defense, which means you have no defense. 

I'm supposed to have a defense? And who said smartass was a swear word? 

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK 

PRs

LRB

I'm supposed to have a defense? And who said smartass was a swear word? 

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK 

lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

42 minutes of jogging + 6 strides = one happy runner. 5.9 miles at an 8:32 average pace.  Beer time.