Beginners and Beyond

TUESdaily Penguins (Read 24 times)

Sloooow.

Morning all Smile

Jerry- I have no idea what the Stanley Cup is, lol.

Docket- Nice work on your 5, are you feeling pretty much over your sickness now?

Awood- Good luck with tonight! I actually really like the log here, it's really easy to use.

Phillie- I'm guessing it will take a little while to adjust to running in the morning, especially if you are usually an afternoon/evening runner?

Bin- Good work on the 7 miles. Not too much choking I hope?

HopesMom- Chemical smell sounds gross! 5:30 is ridiculous o'clock for me, lol.

Cherie- I hope you're having a blast in Colorado, I bet it is wonderful with the heat difference. Do you notice the elevation much more?

Traci- Damn, I'm really sorry about your knee! Hopefully the Mrytl's and rolling will help.

Kristin- It will definitely be the heat and humidity, it is miserable to run in! Kudos to getting out in that mess Smile

AFM, I tried to redo my long run late last night, got 2 miles in and accidentally wrenched the emergency stop out. I took it as a sign and was done, showered. Went to bed to a crying 2 year old who then threw up all over me, both of us back to the shower. Finally got to sleep at 3am. Today we have my oldest daughters camp day, it's Superhero week so they asked if my partner (a medic) could come in to give a talk. He's driving an ambulance down, so it should be fun for the kids! Today will be a rest day.

GinnyinPA

Tracilynn - I'm sorry your ITB is flaring up again.  Have you talked to a PT about it?

Jerry - I don't watch hockey (or any other sport except during the Olympics).  My father and brothers were sports mad, but I never caught the but.  Neither did my husband, fortunately.

Damaris - enjoy your run this evening.  Do you run after dark or in a place with lots of cool shade to make it bearable?

Awood - the log comes with various colorful options.  My defaults were LR, easy, tempo, interval, hill, race and fartlek.  Good luck on the TM.

Margo - good job on the morning run.

Bin - I'm glad the smoke is less.  Maybe you'll get rain later.

HopesMom - sounds like your husband doesn't really want to run again.  Maybe you need to do it without him?

Cherie - the run sounds fun, especially with the FE.  I'm glad you've got cooler temps and that the smoke isn't too bad.

Kristin - Yes the humidity will slow you down and make the run feel harder than usual.  Hopefully this heat wave will pass soon.  How did you like the hydration belt?

Coralie - enjoy your rest day.  Can you get a nap in to make up for last night's upsets?

AFM:  MLR later today, probably on the TM unless a shower cools things off significantly, though from the forecast, a lower temperature post thunderstorm goes with higher humidity today.  DP ranges from 68 at 2 pm to 76 at 4 pm.  I think I'll do better inside.

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom- Chemical smell sounds gross! 5:30 is ridiculous o'clock for me, lol.

Finally got to sleep at 3am.

3 AM is ridiculous o'clock for me!!  Joking

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hehe.  All my routes are shadeless.  The sun is still high up in the sky at 6pm which is the time I run.  The sun is at around the place it would be at 3pm further North.  So yeah, super sunny and hideous.

Tracilynn - I'm sorry your ITB is flaring up again.  Have you talked to a PT about it?

Jerry - I don't watch hockey (or any other sport except during the Olympics).  My father and brothers were sports mad, but I never caught the but.  Neither did my husband, fortunately.

Damaris - enjoy your run this evening.  Do you run after dark or in a place with lots of cool shade to make it bearable?

Awood - the log comes with various colorful options.  My defaults were LR, easy, tempo, interval, hill, race and fartlek.  Good luck on the TM.

Margo - good job on the morning run.

Bin - I'm glad the smoke is less.  Maybe you'll get rain later.

HopesMom - sounds like your husband doesn't really want to run again.  Maybe you need to do it without him?

Cherie - the run sounds fun, especially with the FE.  I'm glad you've got cooler temps and that the smoke isn't too bad.

Kristin - Yes the humidity will slow you down and make the run feel harder than usual.  Hopefully this heat wave will pass soon.  How did you like the hydration belt?

Coralie - enjoy your rest day.  Can you get a nap in to make up for last night's upsets?

AFM:  MLR later today, probably on the TM unless a shower cools things off significantly, though from the forecast, a lower temperature post thunderstorm goes with higher humidity today.  DP ranges from 68 at 2 pm to 76 at 4 pm.  I think I'll do better inside.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Already back from kitty vet for her shots, then I am working a little bit at WW again today (I seem to be able to pick up a lot of shifts in the summer), then hopefully run 5 later this afternoon.  PT had me hooked up to a weird machine yesterday that basically teaches my brain to use one of my quad muscles that I need to hold the kneecap in place.  Strange!

Jerry- Morning!  Any luck getting an appointment for that hip?

D- Hope the 5 go well later!

Awood- Nice run!  Enjoy the double.

Margo- At least you got your miles in. Smile

Bin- I am glad the air continues to improve.

HsM- Dusty has been so naughty lately!  I hope you're able to figure something out.  I agree that "a tired dog is a good dog".

Cherie- Hope the vacation is going well!

Traci- I think I heard somewhere that a slow pace is actually worse for ITB issues.  Can you try a faster pace and see if it helps?

kristin- Enjoy the week off!

Coralie- Rough night!  Hope today is more uneventful.

Ginny- Good luck with the MLR later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to bed at midnight, woke up at 1, and 2, and 3, and 5.  Get the hint?  But isn't that what I wanted when I said I was tired of sleeping 10 hours and I wanted to go back to deprived?  Serves me right!

3 AM is ridiculous o'clock for me!!  Joking

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Jerry: Congrats on the big Cup win! Wow! What an ending!!!

Docket: Have fun on the five. I thought hockey was huge in FL? Wink

Awood: I also like the log here. Mine has a few colors... haha.

PF: eh, slow is nice. In that humidity, slow is VERY nice...

Bin: Treadmill or the indoor track, perhaps?

HsM: Godzilla fart? Wow, one could only imagine.

She Can: Have a fun trip and have a beer for me.

traci: Dang, you poor thing. You just can't seem to catch a break, lately. Stick with it and you'll be ok. Joking

kristin: Great RR!

Coralie: That's ok if you don't know what the Stanley Cup is. Most people here don't know what the FA Cup is.

Ginny: Pray for rain!

Zel: That machine does sound strange, I hope it works.

As for me, six easy miles done.

Have a nice day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sure.  Must be all the ice around us....

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hydration belt was ok. I am very much a "minimalist" in what I can stand to carry with me when I run.....EVERYTHING annoys me. I cannot deal with my cell phone while running, I lock my apartment keys in the mailbox and only take the mail key ( the front door to my building is unlocked and the mailboxes are in a vestibule between the unlocked front door and a second, locked door), I will not get an iPod larger than a nano to run with....seriously everything annoys me....I have a Spibelt (well the amphipod brand equivilent) but  I rarely use it because it annoys me...lol. So the hydration belt will take some getting used to. It kept spinning around my waist which annoyed me. Meh. I'll deal. It is important to have because the longest runs of my HM plan occur at the end of July and beginning of August (brilliant planning, eh?)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Hehe.  All my routes are shadeless.  The sun is still high up in the sky at 6pm which is the time I run.  The sun is at around the place it would be at 3pm further North.  So yeah, super sunny and hideous.

I have to admit I don't get this, so through sheer geekdom and the power of Google, I looked up a sun position calculator.  At least for today, it looks like the sun in MIA at 6 pm and the sun in RIC at 6 pm are in pretty much the same place.  The sun in RIC at 3 is way different.  Am I doing something wrong?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

I have to admit I don't get this, so through sheer geekdom and the power of Google, I looked up a sun position calculator.  At least for today, it looks like the sun in MIA at 6 pm and the sun in RIC at 6 pm are in pretty much the same place.  The sun in RIC at 3 is way different.  Am I doing something wrong?

Probably because we are just past the solstice.  The difference is likely larrgest  on December 21st.  Places nearer the equator see much less variance in the amount of sunlight per day throughout the year than those further north -- just think of how the villages up near the Arctic Cricle have almost continuous daylight for a period in the summer but then almost eternal night for part of the winter.

/geek

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What I meant to say is that where we live, the sun is still at probably 10 o'clock (if you look at the horizon as a clock).  Especially in the Summer.

And what Ginny says.  I have that position of the sun for most of the year.  And it sucks when it's in the 90s still at 7pm and the sun feels like it's still early afternoon.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One of the reasons you will never see me wearing dark colors in FL is that stupid tropical sun.  It can burn you into a crisp before you reach the 5K point.  Joy.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Back to work today and feeling much better.  For some reason I had the 'chills' last night, even though it was freakin' 96 degrees outside. I wrapped myself up in blankets, went to bed early - around 8 pm - and didn't wake up until 6 the next morning.  My sheets and blankets were DRENCHED in sweat - Gail was like 'Ewwwww!"  - but I felt a heck of a lot better. so maybe I sweated a lot of stuff out.  Even my congestion is a lot better.   Maybe I need to do the 'home-made sweat lodge" more often.  Joking   Managed today to eat some cheerios and keep them down, and some baby carrots.  Progress!  Today is normally a running day, but  I think I will take a couple more days of rest just to play it safe.

Jerry, maybe Stanley has it.

Good luck with your strides tonite, Damaris!

Good luck Awood, hope the weather behaves for you!

Congrats on your run, Margo.  Yeah, that time of year.  Morning running for me too, with the Texas temps now heading for the high 90s and 100s. July and August, our hottest months of the year.   I bet you weren't all that slow.  I bet your 'slow' pace would be a speedwork pace for me, lol.

Bin, glad your haze is clearing up somewhat.

Gee, HsM, what a lovely smell to have to deal with! Dead

Thank you, Cherie, I am feeling much better today.   Now more fun begins Roll eyes  as I have to go to all my followup appointments for all the stuff the ER folks found.  Enjoy Colorado and that cooler weather.   Aren't you at altitude up there too?  You might get a Rocky Mountain High on your run.

So sorry, Traci, to hear your ITB is acting up again!  What's Hokas? Hope it works for you!

Kristin, enjoy the time off from your full-time job. Oh yeah, heat and humidity can slow your pace quite a bit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the interrupted run, Coralie, and the lack of sleep, sounds like a long night for you. Enjoy the camp with your daughter!  Hope you get some good quality sleep tonite.

Good luck with your run on the TM, Ginny.  How you folks that do the TM stay on that thing for any length of time and distance amazes me; y'all have a lot of patience!

Damaris, since you run all the time in hot part of the day in Miami, I'm just amazed you have not had any bouts of skin cancer yet or don't get a lot of basal cell carcinomas all over you! Stay safe out there, young lady.

Zelanie, reading your post, I got this image in my head of you doing your thing on the strange machine and your PT watching you and yelling out "She's alive!  She's alive!"  Joking  What's "WW"?  All I could think of, lol, is Wally's World...

Congrats on your 6 easy miles, Jack.   Yeah, I still don't get why San Antonio has a hockey team too.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt