Beginners and Beyond

Onemile's Indy Monumental RR (Read 82 times)

workinprogress11

It seems the weather for this particular event has always left something to be desired. I seem to remember someone complaining of cold rain one year.

Weather aside, do you recall how the half marathon portion of the course laid out in terms of elevation and/or difficulty?

The year I ran it (and Venomized did too, I think) was 2012 and during the course of the race we were treated to sleet, then snow and finally torrential rain.

outoftheblue

Great race and great pacing.  Congrats!  Looking at that bloody knee, it's all the more impressive.

Life is good.

LRB

The year I ran it (and Venomized did too, I think) was 2012 and during the course of the race we were treated to sleet, then snow and finally torrential rain.

That's who it was, Doug.  Thank you!  Reading his report sent a chill up my spine.  lol

Having said that racing in the high 20's and low 30's is right up my alley...without the rain of course.

DavePNW

That's who it was, Doug.  Thank you!  Reading his report sent a chill up my spine.  lol

Having said that racing in the high 20's and low 30's is right up my alley...without the rain of course.

Remember the weather at the 2013 Martian? You did the 5k which was probably fine, I did the half which was not too bad, but I think the full would've been miserable.

Dave

LRB

Remember the weather at the 2013 Martian? You did the 5k wearing less clothing than a stripper would, which is why I thought you were nuts.  

FYP.

For me that was an awesome day for racing but of course I prefer those conditions so there is that.  I am sure 99% of the runners who were there agrees with you.

tracilynn

Man, you are so fast and super cute too!  Congrats on a superb race and PR.

~~~~~~~

Traci

onemile

Baboon - the knee feels a little skinned but more like a surface wound than anything to be concerned about.  My quads and calves on the other hand 

Dream - really, you are not that far behind me!  String together another cycle without getting injured and you'll catch right up.

Outoftheblue - thank you - the knee actually looks worse than it was because the blood just dripped down and stuck there.

Tracy - Aw, thanks!

Love the Half

Heh.  You beat me by 6 seconds.    BTW, being barely able to walk the next day is just a sign of running right at the limit.  Great job.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

I am so impressed and so proud of you! You ran a great race and you deserve all the glory and the satisfaction that comes with knowing that you worked hard for this. If I go to Boston in 2015 and I get to meet you, it will be an honor for me, and maybe YOU can teach this old dog new tricks.  Congratulations, onemile! And sorry about that poor knee!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ric-G

great job in taking what the day gave you and thinking ahead to fight the elements, suck about the fall but even then you still nailed it..congrats on the even pacing and execution...you should be proud...enjoy your recovery

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Congratulations!  Perfect execution after a solid round of training!  I'm very happy for you. Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, 29 degrees and 17 mph winds, BRRR!  Hope the Great Legs did not suffer any windburn!

but I had a bloody knee for the rest of the race...  WHAT? That guy caused you to damage one of  the Great Legs?!! How rude!     Let me at him!   Glad you were still able to run.  Dang, you are speedy!   If we ever happen to be at a same race in the future I will never even SEE your Great Legs during a race, lol, as slow as I am.

Congrats on your marathon.  Now take a well-deserved rest, treat those Great Legs of yours right (remember to walk backwards down the stairs for a while) and I hope the knee heals quickly for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Tremendous race onemile! Really nice pacing on a tough day. I've come close but I've never fallen during a race and I'm not sure what I would do. That is very impressive to me that you got up and kept ticking off the miles with the bloody knee.

Excellent job and report. Congratulations on the big PR! Also....

"I had planned to speed up after the half way because the wind would be at my back but the pace I was running at the time felt like the right effort for where I was in the race so I stuck with it."

Words to live run by.

music_girl117

Amazing job!  I am in awe of your splits!!  Did the guy that caused you to fall even apologize?

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

onemile

LTH - Thanks. Maybe I can beat you when you carry that 50lb pack too.  

Lily - Thank you.  I certainly don't have any tricks! I do hope we can meet in Boston.  I'm not sure if I'll be in shape to run with you but I definitely would love to at least get to say hi.

Ric, Zelanie, Scotty - Thanks!

Fuzzy - I hadn't planned on running the first half in 1:41 otherwise maybe I could have sped up - but either way, I wasn't feeling like it at that point!  And thank you!

Musicgirl - thanks. He did not, just kept running.