Beginners and Beyond

The Final SunDAILIES (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Docket!

Dave

Zelanie

Congrats, D!

Good luck, PR!

I was feeling a whole lot better after taking a few days off for travel, so I ran 10 on the TM last night.  Now I'm sore again. Sad  So naturally, I am thinking of starting a streak.   I've never done one before, but I think it will be a good way to keep some momentum in the "off" season.  Plus shorter, more frequent runs will probably be a good thing.

LRB

Ride it till the wheel falls off.

It's funny you say that. I had an exercise bike once and did exactly that. No really! The front wheel started smoking one day then a huge chunk of rubber flew off. lol

Those were the days before running and I certainly got my money's worth out of that thing.

I've broken a treadmill too!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I ran the Space Coast Marathon. Would've PRd but for the side stitch since mile 18. Anyway, 4:38 on a hot day (78 when I finished, 70 when I started), 15 minute course PR, 4 minutes from my PR which was in 42F. I am fucking happy with this race. Marathon 31, I think.

Nice job!  I get weak just thinking about running hard for very long at those temps.

And wtg Mr Docket!

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

It's funny you say that. I had an exercise bike once and did exactly that. No really! The front wheel started smoking one day then a huge chunk of rubber flew off. lol

Those were the days before running and I certainly got my money's worth out of that thing.

You might should consider a helmet when you are ellipticalling. Just sayin.

Runner with a riding problem.

Ric-G

When you say you are bringing mashed potatoes, that is not the same as showing up at the time you were told dinner would be with a bucket of raw potatoes

don't you just love family?  we have some of those too.

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

so when are you going to blow up an alter-G to go along with these damages?

Ric-G

5 miles this morning...going to a winery/restaurant for my sister's bday...don't know nothing about fine wine but it won't stop me from having some...have a great sunday everyone!

congrats D,  great job...and to Mr. D as well!

LRB

You might should consider a helmet when you are ellipticalling. Just sayin.

I'm old school, where you rubbed that big ass knot on your head till it stopped hurting. Then you got right back at it 'cept you didn't let that shit happen again. lol

workinprogress11

I ran the Space Coast Marathon. Would've PRd but for the side stitch since mile 18. Anyway, 4:38 on a hot day (78 when I finished, 70 when I started), 15 minute course PR, 4 minutes from my PR which was in 42F. I am fucking happy with this race. Marathon 31, I think.

I'm so happy you are happy!  Congratulations!

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Nice racking, Dockets!!  Bummer about the PR-killing cramp though.

I just got back from a cold bike ride.  35 degrees.  I managed to keep warm except for my feet.  I think that may have been my last outside ride until the spring.  Anyway, 26 miles at 18.1 mph at a pretty easy effort.  I am starting to get faster on the bike.

<3

LRB

I'm so happy you are happy! It pleases me. Congrats!

outoftheblue

Excellent!

Life is good.

LRB

lGoing for another turkey meal at the in-laws. Should be interesting to see if BIL, SIL & kid can show up on time & communicate what they are bringing. When you say you are bringing mashed potatoes, that is not the same as showing up at the time you were told dinner would be with a bucket of raw potatoes

That is the weirdest shit I've ever heard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm so happy you are happy!  Congratulations!

Only thing I am unhappy is at the lack of good weather for all my races this year. I know I am ready for a big PR, just not in 80F.  Doh.

Damaris