Beginners and Beyond

The Sunday Penguins are Marching (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

4.5 easy this morning. I was hoping to get it done before the cold got here. No such luck. 35 and falling.

Ginny -Knee is still bothering me. I'm wearing a brace and trying to take it easy.

hog4life

Got an easy run and a bike ride planned before the rain gets here.

Pad, take care of that knee.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Biking tonight.

I spoke with Jerry and he and his wife did pretty well on the HM here in Miami even considering the humidity.  They were very happy.

PAD, hope the knee feels better soon.

Mitch, enjoy the workouts.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  I will head out to run my 12.6 in a little while.  In the mean time, enjoying some coffee and forums.

Congrats to Jerry and DW!

PAD- I don't know if your knee thing is anything like mine, but have you tried McConnell taping?  I only mention it because it was instantly clear when I tried it that it was THE fix for my knee issue.

Mitch- Hope you're able to get both in before the rain.  No such luck here, as I think it will be raining all day.

D- Thanks for the update on Jerry.  I saw that your got a little test run on the TM- nice! Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

33:33 this morning. Oops? 9 seconds faster than yesterday's 5K.....and it was supposed to be slower (umm???) It felt slower I swear! I wasn't paying attention to my garmin....I was running with a friend and she ran a 15 mile LR yesterday, we were both keeping it easy. We were able to chat and such while running so it didn't FEEL fast..... Oops. Hope I won't regret it later. Very hilly course too. Oddly this is the second time I've ran exactly a 33:33 official time in a 5K.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

PADRunner

PAD- I don't know if your knee thing is anything like mine, but have you tried McConnell taping?  I only mention it because it was instantly clear when I tried it that it was THE fix for my knee issue.

I haven't. I watched the video and mine is more in the joint than the knee cap.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Jerry and his wife.

PADRunner - good job on the 4.5, despite the knee.  Cold is better than wet.

Mitch - hope you got your run and ride done before the rain.  Two in one day, are you planning a triathalon?

D - enjoy your Sunday afternoon ride.  Do you go back to work tomorrow?

Z - 12 in the rain, that's dedication.  Hope it goes well.

Kristin - nice job on the 2nd 5k today.  I'm glad you're healing so well.

AFM:  I intended to go run for an hour and then join the local running club to help clean up the course for next week's HM, but thanks to the forecast, nobody else seems to be interested.  It's currently sleeting, and they are calling is for 4-10 inches of snow today and overnight.  So I guess I'll do the TM instead.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Good news: The house is still standing and we are back in a day early. Better yet, the power is on! None of the neighbor's houses were damaged and there is only a bit of mud, sticks and other debris in the street. Better still, I just ran six miles in a nice cool mist. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Kristin!

Ginny, yes.  I cannot wait!  I have permission to work from home next week but I'll be at the office and see how I feel.  I suspect I won't need to work from home except on my normal day.  Sorry for the sleeting.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Pens.

Good news: The house is still standing and we are back in a day early. Better yet, the power is on! None of the neighbor's houses were damaged and there is only a bit of mud, sticks and other debris in the street. Better still, I just ran six miles in a nice cool mist. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Great news, Jack!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jerry tried to post but was unable to.  He says hi and spent the whole afternoon at the pool.  Ha.

Damaris

tracilynn

Great news jack!

jerry is too busy lounging around the pool to post? Ha

I just ran 6miles in 70 degree breezy awesomeness.  Winter weather advisory starts in a few hours. Freezing rain on the way 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Holy cow that's a huge weather swing on the way, Traci!

13.2 done, the wind really picked up in the last couple of miles, but it was in the 50s with only a light rain.

Zelanie

Oh, and Jimmy, you couldn't wait until the week *after* your team was facing my team to put up a new weekly high mileage for the year?  Just kidding, congrats on a good week. Smile