Beginners and Beyond

TUESdailes are sleeping in (Read 60 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This

Morning all!

So that's what I'm doing now. Planning about 6 at lunchtime.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning. 5.4 miles done. Miles PR week is off to a very good start.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning! !  A little chilly this morning in San Antonio at 41 degrees.  Our high today will only be 68.  Maybe I should move to Miami, so I get all that heat and humidity Damaris gets, cuz I really hate this 'cold' weather, when it drops below 50 degrees. Big grin  Today  will be about 4 miles, but haven't decided yet which of my many available running locations (I have around 100 routes here in San Antonio) that I will do today.   Last night I started signing up for my April events, with my first one of the month being:   A 5K - "or is it?" as the race flyer asks.. Big grin - on April 1st  (Monday) at 6 PM, the Happy April Fool's Day 5K.  The race is at a park that is about a mile from my house, which is convenient.

Last night I was doing crunches at home on one of those exercise balls. I am not too 'stable' with stationary things, let alone objects that move/roll.  So when I went into the back position for one of them, I lost my balance, rolled backwards over the ball..the ball then rolled over me....one of my cats thought this was great and it was playtime and jumped down from the couch onto the ball and then onto me as I was getting up, causing me to "klutz' again, and I fell backwards on the ball and 'bounced' off it and hit the floor again.  Of course Gail, watching all this, thought it was funny as hell, and was laughing her head off.   From the expression on the cat's face, I think she was laughing too!  Yes, I 'personify' the word Klutz. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I love coffee.

The hip feels a lot better so I'm going to try for some easy miles tonight. Hopefully it behaves for the run. Smile Distance TBD but I'd like 5 or 6.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with that PR week, Robert!  What is your goal for the week?

Hope your pool workout went well, Beth.

Happy 3 miles, Kay!

Good luck with your run, LRB, whatever you decide to do.

Congrats on the 6 windy ones, flarunner!

Welcome back, JeepofSpades.

Dang, 36 degrees, Dave...and I'm 'freezing' with a San Antonio temp of 41 this morning!

Good luck with the 6 later, Dave.  And put the cup down and back away from the coffee...Wink

Sparker...18 inches of snow!  Shocked    Thanks..I feel lots better about my 41 degrees now... Joking

Good luck with the 10, Shirfan.  Glad the weather missed you.

Hope you can bring Trixie home soon, Damaris!  Good luck with your miles.

That would be interesting, Phil, if you could get your haircut while doing your PT.   Hope your spinning goes well.

Wishing you success, Step, in your client endeavors!   Enjoy those vanilla miles!

Safe trip, Kristin!

Glad the hip is feeling better, April.  Hope it behaves for your run.

Y'all drink WAY too much coffee!  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good luck with that PR week, Robert!  What is your goal for the week? 

Thanks!    Goal is >30

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hip Redux

Supp!

Headin' out for a run here in a bit, some type of tempo thingy.  Length and duration to be determined on the fly.  Weee!

Livin' on the edge, man!

Spark - 18".  Holy cow.  Happy spring!  lol

Mornin' to everyone.   Shoulder is feeling better and PT lady called in sick this morning, so new plan is to hit the gym tonight.  Might do some easy speed work on the TM to start.

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - Thanks for the laugh! Now I'll probably manage to mimic your adventure if we use the stability ball in my class today. I hope nothing is injured but your pride (which I think is probably flexible enough to have not been damaged too badly).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

April hope that hip holds up!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

7.2 slow ones on the hotel TM. Two more days then I'm heading home...........

LRB

Going, going, gone!

Dialing it up for tempo runs is so frickin' hard man!  The mental demons came out in full force from the first step to the last!  I did it though, finally.  No snafus, no wrong buttons pushed, and no walking!

40 minute steady state tempo run, w/ adjustments for blood lactate threshold:

15:30 minute warm up

25:00 minutes @ 7:22

05:00 minutes @ 7:27

05:00 minutes @ 7:25

05:00 minutes @ 7:30

7.28 miles total, 5.40 at tempo pace. 

I feel like a million dollar bill!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow LRB awesome run!!

LRB

Morning, I haven't been in here in a long time. I really need to starting checking in, for the motivation all of you bring! And I miss the gossip lol

Howdy stranger!

Oski, how ya like me now babe? 

DaveP, that's my main man!

D2, nice run!

Supp KPS, Beth, Flo, Shari, Real Deal, April, Kristin!

What up doe Spark, Jay, BBB, Robert, Scott T, Fuzz!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jeep is back!

Great run, LRB.  You forgot me, sniff.  Nevermind, I see you have my special knickname there.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Great thread title because I did, in fact, sleep in.  Fed the dog at 530 then totally blew off the swim and went back to sleep for 2 hours.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll double up the pain tomorrow to make up for it.

Wait, what?  It's only Tuesday?  Urgh.