Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Already? (Read 274 times)

Feh. The TM died after just 11.40 miles, which were done in 1:58:41. 10:25 pace.

I have to try again either tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll be able to take it outside then:/

@runjerseygirl

My thighs are still recovering from my run last weekend.  I remembered the Body Glide today, though. Smile

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Just woke up.  Exhaustion after an asthma attack is normal, which brings me to my question: how the hell did I finish LV like this?  Anyway, a run (not sure of length) and weights tonight.

Kay, I love compression socks and running in high socks (as you know).  Love them!  Which ones are those?

Damaris

Hi guys!  Rest day for me.

Beth, your living room looks so cozy!

I'm home from church with sick kids this morning.  This cold is just dragging on and on.  Going to go do some cleaning, maybe pick up some groceries later.

Have a good day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

@runjerseygirl

Morning!  Just woke up.  Exhaustion after an asthma attack is normal, which brings me to my question: how the hell did I finish LV like this?  Anyway, a run (not sure of length) and weights tonight.

Kay, I love compression socks and running in high socks (as you know).  Love them!  Which ones are those?

These are just fashion socks my mom picked up for me at Target.  Xhilaration is the brand, I think.  I love them, though.  She got me like 8 pair.  I think this is going to be a new trend for me.  Big grin

Do you even run?

Shakedown Street

Beth-snow is pretty!

I am going to the treadmill today too...mostly because family will be over later 6.5 slow + 2 at HM pace uphill.

Might get on the bike trainer later in the PM>

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Ouch, Kay. I hope that your foot feels better soon.

Scott, AprilRunner, Lily, and jneilt, have great runs.

lilac_jive, Shari, Damaris, and Kristin, feel well soon.

Baboon, that sounds like fun. What kind of shoe did you wear?

I am pissed about the treadmill. I'd been looking forward to a distance PRSad I'm off to ice cream with peanut butter and a nap now.

I've decided to log today's craptastic workout as an easy run. (I love the training log here.) I'm off to look for an indoor track, in case none of my routes are completely safe for running.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm heading out for 3 or 4 as soon as I get my lazy ass out of bed. I'm going to yoga this afternoon. My right hip feels tight, so hopefully this will loosen it up a bit.

LRB

I went ahead and cut the liner out.  There is no sense trying to force the issue, some people can run in briefs, I cannot.

Ran 4 @ 8:48 with a couple of 60 second strides during the last mile @ 7:30 each.  Those felt good!  Finished it up with some side walks on each side on the treadmill, some front and rear monster walks w/resistance bands, and a little stretching.

Zelanie

Morning!  Gonna run 6 later.  Then my HM plan starts tomorrow!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Chilly today!  38 degrees with a wind chill of 31, BRRR!  Decided against a rest day, went over to Hardberger Park, a very nice San Antonio park with both paved and dirt/gravel trails, and did an easy 3.3 miles.  So I ended the week with 22.6 miles total, first time in about 6 months I've done a 20-mile week.  Monday is DEFINITELY a rest day and then at midnight I start with the first of my three 5Ks for that day. Let the 2013 Race Count begin! Big grin

Nice socks, Kay!  Very complimentary to those very Great Legs of yours. Big grin

Basya, hope you feel better!

lilac-jive, hope you feel better too!  That does not sound like a pleasant way to lose weight!

Dang, One Mother Runner, that is a lot of snow!  Remind me where you live again, so I make sure not to visit in winter, lol.  I really hate snow!  Cold weather in general, actually, lol.  I'd rather run in an 80 degree temp than a 40 degree temp.

All I can say about your snow and winter weather up there, Lily, is Sacre Bleu! Joking  Hope your miles went well today.

I am one who doesn't mind shoveling because I like the workout, but when it comes twice in a day, or on consecutive days, that crap gets old real fast!   Exactly, LRB.  Which is way, the last year when I lived in Ohio and it snowed in MAY, I said the hell with this and got the Air Force to move me to NO-SNOW San Antonio.  Now I deal with the Texas summer heat, but I prefer that over cold weather.  As for the shorts...try a pair of the longer-length Race Ready shorts (raceready.com).  They are a bit more expensive ($36) ...but the first pair I bought lasted for 10 years before they finally 'died.'  I have 3 other pairs too.  Love these things!  And they have lots of pockets too.  I've never had a chafing problem with them, even back when I could do long runs.  You definitely get your money's worth.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ended up dragging ass out the door and getting 5.1 done. Some people SUCK at shoveling their sidewalks so I lost footing a few times but I didn't fall. I consider that a winner of a winter run right there.

LRB

Thanks for the tip, Scotty!

FlippyNoodle, I hope you have a great run and that yoga works out the tightness .

Rick, 4 at 8:48? Damn. I hope I make it there someday.

Zelanie, enjoy the 6. Good luck with HM training.

scottydawg, nice run. I envy your weather. Had I had that here, I'd have been outside and run the 19.0 I'd planned.

AprilRunner, sweet. You're braver than I. I'm scared of slipping, falling, and injuring myself.

Push-ups and ab work are done. I'm leaving for the gym in a bit, to do weights.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

3.11 miles marks my last run of 2012 since tomorrow is a rest day. Smile