Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Already? (Read 274 times)

LRB

3.11 miles marks my last run of 2012 since tomorrow is a rest day. Smile

Oh yeah.  Mine too!

Baysa, we all can say that about someone else lol!  Sorry about your run, that sucks.

happylily

Chilly today!  38 degrees with a wind chill of 31, BRRR!  Decided against a rest day, went over to Hardberger Park, a very nice San Antonio park with both paved and dirt/gravel trails, and did an easy 3.3 miles.  So I ended the week with 22.6 miles total, first time in about 6 months I've done a 20-mile week.  Monday is DEFINITELY a rest day and then at midnight I start with the first of my three 5Ks for that day. Let the 2013 Race Count begin! Big grin

All I can say about your snow and winter weather up there, Lily, is Sacre Bleu! Joking  Hope your miles went well today. 

Now don't you make a habit of cursing in French, young man, or auntie Lily will be very upset at you! Big grin I don't mind snow, but I mind the cold. And unfortunately, snow is usually cold. :-) Thank God I wasn't born a peasant 200 years ago, in this crazy country, home of the cold in winter and kingdom of mosquitoes in summer... I wouldn't have lasted a year. Scotty, you did well to move to San Antonio, very smart of you! And good luck with the three races, I can't wait to see the pics!

Basya, so sorry about the stupid TM! Could you use a TM at your gym?

LRB, great 4 miler you had! It feels great when speed comes to you like that, without forcing it.

I had a very very slow 15 miler, at 9:11 pace (which is usually my recovery pace). I couldn't go any faster than that. I was soooo hungry and I wanted to stop to go grab something to eat, but I kept going til the end. My legs were completely dead from the LR yesterday. I did 3x1600m of hills at 6%, so there was a tiny bit of quality work thrown in there. I'm happy about that, and happy that I survived the week!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Good morning dailies,

Basya - That sucks the treadmill crapped let bazaar least it lasted 2 hours.

LRB - Just buy a running skirt and e done with it! Lol, you just gotta do what works for you. Eventually, after spending way too much to figure it out, you'll find your shorts.

It's a beautiful, chilly, dry day. I'll eventually get out for 6 and a bit.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Phil, your DW is cleaning the driveway? What a pampered man you are. Big grin Enjoy your long weekend and the snowshoeing!

The snowblower is my toy.  DON'T TOUCH IT!  You can have the shovel!  Big grin

BS I'll come clear the driveway if you have a snowblower!  I don't shovel Wink

Kay- nice socks!

CrisRuns

Hi!

Day 10 of return to running.

So, today's, rw. I slept poorly, that is my excuse, but the bottom line is that I messed up with the Garmin hitting "stop" instead of "lap" and I miscounted the number of laps because I went on the Jordan River Trail, which was finally cleared of the snow, instead of my usual SLC out and back loop. The bottom lime was that I aimed to run 4.5-5 minutes intervals and walk thirty seconds each segment for six rimes, which was pretty much the plan I was given. Well, I ended up doing it 7 times instead, so I ended up running a good 36 minutes instead of 30. It felt fine, except that my aerobic capacity has vanished and I was laboring at a snail's place along the river, which, thankfully, is quite flat...

Stats: 1 hour and 10 minutes workout. 5.2 miles. 36 minutes of running, 5 minutes at a time, with 30 seconds breaks.

I promise I will go back on track next. I am skiing tomorrow until lunchtime and then going back to Chicago.

Be well and have a good day,

Cris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For those of you who have REAL winter where you run:

Here are the predicted temps for race time for my three 5Ks on New Year's Day (this will make Damaris jealous, Wink, Miami is still pretty darn hot, and usually is most of the year round, we get somewhat of a break here in San Antonio from the heat at least for a few months, but also don't have to deal with REAL WINTER temps  )

Midnite 5K:  48 degrees at start time.

8 a.m. Resolution Run: 47 degrees

10 a.m Cobweb Chaser 5K: 55 degrees

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

The snowblower is my toy.  DON'T TOUCH IT!  You can have the shovel!  Big grin

BS I'll come clear the driveway if you have a snowblower!  I don't shovel Wink

Kay- nice socks!

Thanks for the offer but no snowblower. Hubby refuses to buy one until he is 50. I have no idea why 50 is

his benchmark but there it is. The driveway is over 100 ft long and 3 car widths for half of that.  We just

celebrated 19 years in this house and shoveling was a lot easier when there were teen boys here to help out!

I help out but when I sick of it I come in the house and let him finish up.

Scotty, I would smack you for teasing me with those temps if you weren't so darn nice!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is 35-40F COLDER than me.  Boo.

For those of you who have REAL winter where you run:

Here are the predicted temps for race time for my three 5Ks on New Year's Day (this will make Damaris jealous, Wink, Miami is still pretty darn hot, and usually is most of the year round, we get somewhat of a break here in San Antonio from the heat at least for a few months, but also don't have to deal with REAL WINTER temps  )

Midnite 5K:  48 degrees at start time.

8 a.m. Resolution Run: 47 degrees

10 a.m Cobweb Chaser 5K: 55 degrees

Damaris

Lily, great run.

B-Plus, enjoy your run.

Cris, I'm happy that you're running again and doing well.

Thanks for the empathy, everyone. Surprises are difficult for me to handle.

Weights are done.

Purple Toes

Good afternoon runners!

Basya, sorry to hear about the TM!

8.36 miles for me today. I had planned on making today the last long run of the year--at least 12 miles--but I was dog tired. I've been waking up in the middle of the night, every night,  for at least a month now and it's taking it's toll.  So I slept in which didn't give me much time to run before I was to meet my horse friends for a trail ride. I took my newly gifted ipod that my husband filled with random music, much of which is listed as unknown ;-)  As I did my strides the first song out was Enya, haha, so I decided to let that set the mood for a nice easy run. But after that we had Rammstein, Run DMC, David Bowie, and the Barbapapa theme song. What the? My husband drove by on his way to work around mile 3 and when I looked up to wave I saw he was taking a pic of my ice encrusted face! Then a few minutes later he passed by going the other way taking more pics, lol.  I had a smile on my face the rest of the run. The sun seemed extra bright after that and the snow extra crunchy. And then Robert Palmer's Johnny and Mary came on which I hadn't heard in ages. It was a great run to end the year with.

I wasn't planning to run tomorrow but I just noticed I am very close to 1350 miles for the year so I may sneak in another tomorrow. Or not. :-) In case I don't, Happy New Year everyone!

runmomto3boys

Basya: Great job on the 11+.  What a bummer about the TM dying, though.  Boo.

Kay: Nice work on the 4.  I'm sorry about the foot.  Hopefully, it's not a big deal.  I love those socks!  You look adorbs!!!

Sparker: BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE?!?!?!?!  OMGGGGGggggg...I die.   That sounds incredible!!!  Dish: how was it?  I hope the run went well too!

April: Great work on the 5 mile run!

Lilac: No, no, noooooo...ugghhh.  I am so very sorry.  I hope you feel better soon.  Boo.

Phil: Ohhh, snowshoeing?  How fun is that??!!?  Nice work on another great week, mileage wise.  You guys did get hammered.  Your dear wife is the snowblowing champ.  I saw the pic of her out there, getting it done!

Beth: Holy snow!  Ummm, NOT IT!

Shari: It's definitely more important to get better than it is get the miles in.  I hope you feel better soon!

Lily: Nice job on the 15 today!  I love that profile shot of your skinny, gorgeous self!

LRB: Awww, boo.  That stinks about the shorts.  I have no advice b/c I never get chafed, really.  Nice job on the 4 miles, though!

Damaris: I'm glad you got your rest.  It sounds like you needed it.

Kristin: How is the IT band today?  I read that it was still bugging you yesterday.  I'm so sorry.  The pain stinks.

Flippy: Great work on getting both a run and yoga in today.  What a great day for you and what a way to close out 2012!

Zelanie: Ohhh, exciting!  Which plan are you doing and for what race?

17 miles in at 8:41 pace.  That is the furthest I've run in awhile.  My IT band flared up a bit at the end, but was manageable.  I'm definitely healing up, thank GOODNESS!!!  I ended up the week with 40 miles, which isn't bad considering what a rough week it was, pain wise.  I am hoping that I'll be back to my normal self this upcoming week, but I'll take what I can get - preferably running pain free!  I also did my core/strength DVD today.  Busy, busy!

LRB

B-Plus, these legs would look awesome in a skirt!

Purp, I an insomniac as well.  Good luck with that!

Hi Lily!

Nice run Cris!  Where abouts you moving?

T-3, I'm all set with the shorts.  Cutting the liner out worked great.  They're light and airy.

Sparker: BLUEBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE?!?!?!?!  OMGGGGGggggg...I die.   That sounds incredible!!!  Dish: how was it?  I hope the run went well too!

Hey RMT3B......... the blueberry stuffed French toast wasn't terrible. But not sure it was worth the calories. 

got my 4 in on the treadmill, I'm taking a day off tomorrow.

my favorite breakfast was in Memphis at Cockadoos "The Shag" described below:

The Shag"

The peanut butter and banana like you have never seen it served. Imagine those two things and put them between two pieces of fresh texas toast, covered in hot syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar. With a mound of whipped cream covered in blueberries and you can go as far as you want with this one.

this may be breakfast for New Year's Day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good evening, Dailies!

SRD for me - last day of work for 2012. I have a 4.2 mile race tomorrow evening, hopefully a dry 4.2 miles.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

The peanut butter and banana like you have never seen it served. Imagine those two things and put them between two pieces of fresh texas toast, covered in hot syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar. With a mound of whipped cream covered in blueberries and you can go as far as you want with this one.

this may be breakfast for New Year's Day!

Peanut butter you say?  Hold the syrup and I'm IN!