Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Already? (Read 274 times)

Zelanie

Peanut butter and banana on pretty much anything is good!

Tom- How did they come up with the 4.2 mile distance?

Scott, nice run.

Good luck tomorrow, Tom!

B-Plus

Peanut butter is gross.

I ran 6.7 @ 9:07. My legs were still feeling it a bit from flying downhill yesterday, so I took it nice and easy. That also makes it 84.2 miles for the week, my 4th week at 70+ and a weekly mileage PR by over 10 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ended up doing 7 miles with the last 2 from easy to MP and they all felt very easy.  My chest is like what asthma attack?  I also did a heavy weights session.

Damaris

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yoga was TOUGH - my quads were screaming by the time we were done. We did a lot of hip and hamstring stretches today, which is just what I needed. I feel great now!!

Damaris, I'm happy that your running and lifting went well and that you've recovered from the asthma attack.

FlippyNoodle, I'm glad that yoga did what you needed.

LRB

+1

Really doe!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Zelanie, I think that 4.2 miles is just the way it fit into the road permitting process. Last year's route was advertized as 4 miles but was about 4.6. This year, I think they may have measured a bit more accurately.

Basya, thanks! Hoping to run at my previous 5K pace, though I have to be cautious with the elevation change.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

PB, Nutella, banana on whole wheat bread.  So many levels of yum...

Tom- How did they come up with the 4.2 mile distance?

Do you even run?

Heidi- Thanks!  It feels pretty good today.  What happens is that it starts to hurt during my runs, then, depending on how quickly I pull the plug on the run, stays stiff for a little while afterwards.  It feels fine right now.   My sister is going to loan me a knee brace to try for my next run (maybe Tuesday?), I'm really hoping that will help!  I'm really glad it sounds like yours is recovering so well!  Hope things are back to normal quickly.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  I had to rest most of the day and 8 hours of sleep last night, or otherwise I wouldn't have recovered as quickly.

Damaris, I'm happy that your running and lifting went well and that you've recovered from the asthma attack.

FlippyNoodle, I'm glad that yoga did what you needed.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone, I'm back in civilization now. Smile

Had a light week, feeling good, ready to get back on track.  2.5 miles with some strides tonight to loosen up for my 5k tomorrow.  7:05/mile average pace, 7:27 1st mile warmup, strides were 6:10-6:20/mile.  Good run, I think chances are good for a sub-20 tomorrow night. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Hey everyone, I'm back in civilization now. Smile

Had a light week, feeling good, ready to get back on track.  2.5 miles with some strides tonight to loosen up for my 5k tomorrow.  7:05/mile average pace, 7:27 1st mile warmup, strides were 6:10-6:20/mile.  Good run, I think chances are good for a sub-20 tomorrow night. Big grin

You've got this!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmm...beer

You've got this!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

I am so happy to hear that, Kristin!!!