Beginners and Beyond

Asleep at the Wheel SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

The title is just a phrase, LRB - don't try to imitate it! Hope you made it home to Motor City in one piece.

And where are the rest of you crazies? C'mon - it's almost 6:30 CDT!

I have a 10k race as part of a training run this morning - about 3 miles to the starting point and 3 miles home, plus the race, gets me 12-13 miles running on the day. Then I'll immediately add another 2-4 miles walking in a parade with DS and the moms group I belong to. Supposedly the friend who is planning the circus theme has decided I will be the bearded lady. Not sure how I feel about that. Roll eyes

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Step.

Finishing up packing for my trip now.....will head to my parents' house in NJ in a little bit....then I have my 15K race tonight in PA!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck, Kristin!

Just B.S.

Good luck Steph!!  and Kristin!

Hubby and I  did intervals at the track last night and now are heading out for 2k in the lake and

it's 58F, fall has arrived. Thank god for wetsuits. Then I am biking 20 miles home.

We have a sprint tri next weekend and an Olympic the weekend after that.

Pink, I am thinking good thoughts for you my friend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

LRB

Good mornimg girls!

Step, no worries, at about 3:30 am I was fried and called it a night.  Now after a three hour power nap and shower, I am ready to hit the road.  Don't think the kid will be too thrilled to see the lights go on and the shades open up but hey, that's what parents are for! ; )

Hip Redux

Speaking of waking up grumpy kids early, I woke up at 8 this morning.   Since I'm not doing the tri I had planned, Mr. Oski went off to do a metric century bike ride and I told him to sleep in the spare bedroom so he didn't wake me up when he left.  Big grin  

I have a massage scheduled tomorrow.  Day six back pain and I'm getting frussttrrrraaattttteeeddddd.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the Morning, Dailies!

Well, my early morning run didn't happen, but I will be doing a late morning run instead. Body was tired so I slept in. Making up for the lack of sleep the previous night, I guess.

12-14 miles hopefully on tap for today. My HM training is a month behind, but I still intend to do the race in 3 weeks.

Good luck in the 15 tonight, Kristin!

Oski, hope that back pain goes away soon. Backs are a finicky creature anyway. I used to have frequent minor (and occasionally major) back pains until I started stretching after my runs. Seems that my hamstrings were so tight that they were affecting my lower back in a bad way. Knock on wood, I haven't had any real back pains (except a pulled muscle type of thing, but that's different) since the hammies were drawn back into shape.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Speaking of waking up grumpy kids early...

Yeah predictably, the lights and the shades trick did not work, neither did the TV volume on 65.  Time for phase 3; jumping on the bed.

If that doesn't work, I will be pulling out the shotgun and blastin' one into the ceiling, that one works every time!

Hope you feel better.

B-Plus

8 later.

Hip Redux

Oski, hope that back pain goes away soon. Backs are a finicky creature anyway. I used to have frequent minor (and occasionally major) back pains until I started stretching after my runs. Seems that my hamstrings were so tight that they were affecting my lower back in a bad way. Knock on wood, I haven't had any real back pains (except a pulled muscle type of thing, but that's different) since the hammies were drawn back into shape.

That's usually the cause of Mr Oski's back pain for sure (a rarity but it happens that he gets some back stuff).   Actually, the way the lower back is constructed, you can screw it up 9 ways to Sunday with imbalances or tightness other places!

Oh and here's the other thing that's been bugging me (today's dailies brought to you by Oski's Whining).... I tried to get signed up for some personal training.   I actually started the process before the latest back issue, mostly because I wanted to try to get better crosstraining in and to stop injuring myself (irony there!) but they haven't called me back.   This will actually be the second time I've been blown off my a trainer in the last year, too.  The first one was straight up with me though and said she felt uncomfortable taking me on with my back issues.   The second one I contacted is also a physical therapist so I thought that was a safe way to go.   Guess not.  I wouldn't be surprised if they also don't want to take me on given my history (the liability/sign up form asked for a list of prior injuries).

Second cup of coffee coming up with a side of pity party.

LRB

Second cup of coffee coming up with a side of pity party.

You got me beat, I have not had one yet.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Aww Oski Sad sorry you're having such a rough time lately. Sending you lots of healing energy!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Oski, sorry to hear that.  That sucks.

LRB, hope you make it home in one piece.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me. Now puppy pool

Garmin sent me directions how to re format my watch. Yay. Wish they had those directions on their site. I'd have done this last week instead of messing around with it. Bit at least I don't have to mail it back. Unless this doesn't work. I'd imagine this should totally fix the issue.

Marjorie