Beginners and Beyond

2020 - Dailies with a number ... 54 !!! (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

I was planning to train for a spring half marathon the first weekend of May but I can't picture being ready to train soon so this makes me think there really isn't time

Depends what your objective is in that race, I guess.

Say you have 13 weeks until May 3rd, 2 weeks for taper, you start training hard(ish) 3 weeks from now (you build yourself back up in those 3 weeks), that still leaves 8 weeks of hard work. That would be building on top of your last cycle. It's enough IMO.

The question is more do you want to jump right back in the grind?

bluerun

Super B****

Ran a HM today -- last year, I ran this race one second slower than I ran the Icebreaker Half, and I thought it would be hilarious if the same thing happened again. I would have won if it had. But I never win this race, I always place second, so that's what I did instead and ran 1:32:12. I suppose it's nice that I can run what would have been a PR a year ago while feeling like shit. And it is a course PR, so there's that.

17.4 total. Blargh.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

25:41

20 sec slower than 3 weeks ago but course was 0.1 longer. Ave pace 8:17 then vs 8:08 today. So, progress?

I wanted to quit so bad, but hung in there. Will I start to like 5ks at some point? Because I'm not there yet.

bluerun

Super B****

25:41

20 sec slower than 3 weeks ago but course was 0.1 longer. Ave pace 8:17 then vs 8:08 today. So, progress?

I wanted to quit so bad, but hung in there. Will I start to like 5ks at some point? Because I'm not there yet.

I think if you like them, you're doing it wrong. (Unless you're a true masochist, of course.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

6 miles, 58 for the week.

Dave

DavePNW

Sitting in the theater waiting for Joker to start.

Dave

onemile

Of course I ignore what everyone says and do what I want, but I don't necessarily fetch advice I will ignore. Sometimes I just post stuff that others interpret as me asking for advice. You guys know me, they don't.

My coach told me he used to run triples when he had a job where he could take a longer lunch

I am sure if you explain that you know it's not ideal but this is how you fit it in and prefer to get your runs in as part of your commute no one is going to argue it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ended up with 7 instead of 16. Knee is super achy and I don’t want it to get worse. Gorgeous day outside!

Damaris

onemile

The question is more do you want to jump right back in the grind?

Mentally I do but my body feels wrecked.

Cyberic

Mentally I do but my body feels wrecked.

If you feel like it mentally, the body will follow. In 2 weeks you'll be ready for a Mona but with easy recs instead of floats. And then it will be steadily upwards after that.

Cyberic

I think if you like them, you're doing it wrong. (Unless you're a true masochist, of course.)

Yup. If you like them, you're probably sandbagging.

GinnyinPA

16.7. The sun came out for the last few miles so it was almost warm.

DavePNW

Saw Joker. Well that was something else.

Dave

onemile

I ran nearly 8 in shorts!

Baboon

delicate flower

Skied all day.  In line before the lifts opened, and skied almost until closing.  Sunny and 50's...such a great day.  We did three runs off this lift.  Settling in for the Super Bowl now.

Saw Joker. Well that was something else.

lol that about describes it.

<3