Beginners and Beyond

2020 - Dailies with a number ... 54 !!! (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

Ran a HM today -- last year, I ran this race one second slower than I ran the Icebreaker Half, and I thought it would be hilarious if the same thing happened again. I would have won if it had. But I never win this race, I always place second, so that's what I did instead and ran 1:32:12. I suppose it's nice that I can run what would have been a PR a year ago while feeling like shit. And it is a course PR, so there's that.

17.4 total. Blargh.

Nice job.

Dave

DavePNW

25:41

20 sec slower than 3 weeks ago but course was 0.1 longer. Ave pace 8:17 then vs 8:08 today. So, progress?

I wanted to quit so bad, but hung in there. Will I start to like 5ks at some point? Because I'm not there yet.

Nice job. I like 5k’s but to each his/her own. Not that I am loving life when I’m running them. It’s just that they’re over so quickly, and there’s basically no recovery - you blow it and you can run another in a couple weeks.

Dave

onemile

Nice job. I like 5k’s but to each his/her own. Not that I am loving life when I’m running them. It’s just that they’re over so quickly, and there’s basically no recovery - you blow it and you can run another in a couple weeks.

You seem to get injured almost every time you run one

DavePNW

I was planning to train for a spring half marathon the first weekend of May but I can't picture being ready to train soon so this makes me think there really isn't time

There’s time. You still have your marathon fitness and not like you’ll need a full training cycle. Just have to see how your body recovers. Don’t rush anything.

Dave

DavePNW

You seem to get injured almost every time you run one

Well other than briefly re-aggravating my hammy with the one I did a month ago, I honestly can’t remember that ever happening. Maybe it did, but the important thing is I can’t remember it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I have another one on Saturday.

No national anthem?

bluerun

Super B****

This is why I like them. It's so much better than putting everything into a marathon and having it suck and then needing to wait months or years to fix it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Dave

sdWhiskers

Wut?

Was it part of the pregame? We recorded the game but they didn't show it.

LRB

They showed it. She killed it dead. Bang! Bang!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, it was before the game. I heard it while I was finishing on the piano but didn't see it.

Damaris

DavePNW

If you started the recording at 3:30, it was before that. Demi Lovato. Nice singing but weird accompanying music.

Dave

LRB

Saw Joker. Well that was something else.

I've done my best to un-see it. I will not be watching it again nor going to see any of the sequels.

DavePNW

I've done my best to un-see it. I will not be watching it again nor going to see any of the sequels.

Good luck with that!

Dave

sdWhiskers

If you started the recording at 3:30, it was before that. Demi Lovato. Nice singing but weird accompanying music.

Ah ok. I'm sure I can find it online. Its probably my son's favorite part of a game