Beginners and Beyond

Th-th-th-th-thursDAILIES (Read 42 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.  (NOW it is Thursday.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

37* and heavy fog according to weather.com, and I had a skirt laid out with my long-sleeve shirt for this morning's run. But being the loving wife I am, I will suck it up and hope my legs don't freeze, rather than wake up DH trying to find the running tights that have been packed away since April.

6ish miles, with some hill sprints, assuming I don't freeze! I do have a headband and gloves, so I should survive.

(And for those who bounce to that "other" place, too - yes, I started the very same dailies there. Creativity is not my strong suit at 5 a.m.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning Step; Morning, Dailies!

Missed posting for a couple of days but I'm still alive! And it feels good. Of course, it'll feel better this afternoon when I'm home from work!

Took rest days Monday (all day driving) and Tuesday, finally ran 4 yesterday after work. My right leg, which has been bugging me lately, really appreciated the consecutive rest days. It feels pretty good this morning.

I think that after Sunday's HM, I will take a whole week off to let the body heal up a bit.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

What up doe!

Step, being the cool weather runner I am, me thinks you are going to have a fabulous run!

Supp Tom, glad to hear your stump is feeling better!

I have more PT on the docket today, so if you hear what sounds like a wolf howling at the moon sometime between the hours of one and two, I can assure it will not be a wolf howling at the moon.  Nope, it will be my stiff ass crying like a beeyotch, ARRROOOOOOOOOOOOO!  lol

Morning Dailies!

Step - hope you didn't freeze.  I had a chilly run the other morning when I discovered even full length summer weight tights really aren't enough for 38 degrees.  Need something just a smidge thicker, especially with no sun and a bit of a breeze.

Rest up that leg, Tom, and enjoy the taper, planned or not

LRB - hope the PT pain pays off.

I dragged myself through 4.6 this morning.  Low50s, light fog, no wind, no moon.  The first two miles were by headlamp, which is nowhere near as pleasant as moonlight.  Took a good mile and a half to feel warmed up, and never sped up much.  Averaged a minute over "target" easy pace, but as I'm in the "there are no such thing as bad miles" camp, I'll take em.

Hip Redux

Morning folks!

I did 3.5 yesterday and nearly passed out during mile 2. Had to stop for 15 minutes until it passed.  It's happened three times now over the last month, so I'm going to be calling the doctor this morning.

I'm a little hesitant to go for a run because I don't want to pass out and land in a ditch somewhere.  I've fallen in a ditch before.  It's not fun.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yet another URD. My stomach hurts so bad I can hardly stay upright. I cancelled clients last night to go home and lay down. Ugh this is miserable Sad at this point I'm not sick to my stomach or nauseous, just in pain. Pretty sure I have developed gastritis again....it often happens after I've had a stomach virus or something else irritating my stomach lining

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today’s Holidays:

Food:  National Prune Day and National Pasta Day - - btw...what do you call fake spaghetti?  Impasta!

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Oct 17 is National Mammography Day

“Wear Something Gaudy” Day

Spirit Day - Wear purple on Spirit Day in a stand against bullying

Alternative Fuel Day

alternative fuel cartoons, alternative fuel cartoon, alternative fuel picture, alternative fuel pictures, alternative fuel image, alternative fuel images, alternative fuel illustration, alternative fuel illustrations

alternative fuel cartoons, alternative fuel cartoon, alternative fuel picture, alternative fuel pictures, alternative fuel image, alternative fuel images, alternative fuel illustration, alternative fuel illustrations

KEYWORD1  1999-11-19  monster  monsters  science fiction  sci fi  godzilla  zilla  city  cities

KEYWORD1  1997-12-01  2010-08-16  dr. suess  dr. seuss  parody  parodies  green eggs and ham  prunes

prune cartoons, prune cartoon, prune picture, prune pictures, prune image, prune images, prune illustration, prune illustrations

gaudy cartoons, gaudy cartoon, gaudy picture, gaudy pictures, gaudy image, gaudy images, gaudy illustration, gaudy illustrations

gaudy cartoons, gaudy cartoon, gaudy picture, gaudy pictures, gaudy image, gaudy images, gaudy illustration, gaudy illustrations

KEYWORD1  2010-03-09  hide  hides  hidden  hiding  ring  rings  engagement ring  engagement rings

KEYWORD1  2005-10-21  monster  monsters  vampire  vampires  dracula  horror  horror movie  movie

KEYWORD1  1999-09-29  bird  birds  fly  flying  flying south  migrate  migration  migrating

KEYWORD1  1993-09-28  richard  macaroni  elbow macaroni  anthropomorphic  food  foods  eat  eating

KEYWORD1  1996-07-23  cannibal  cannibals  cannibalism  cannibalized  cannibalizing  food  foods  ea

mammograms cartoons, mammograms cartoon, mammograms picture, mammograms pictures, mammograms image, mammograms images, mammograms illustration, mammograms illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-02-06  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  2006-05-06  rake  rakes  slapstick  humiliate  humiliated  humiliation  humiliations  emba

bullying cartoons, bullying cartoon, bullying picture, bullying pictures, bullying image, bullying images, bullying illustration, bullying illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good morning Wednesday!!  8.3 miles last night at 8:13 pace, and I almost caused a car wreck because a runner on the shoulder of the road causes some drivers to freak out.  Roll eyes  Two cars coming at me on a back country road, and the one in front slowed down and gave me room.  Normal and appreciated.  The asswrapper car in back was tailgating and going too fast, causing him to slam on the brakes, screech his tires (smoke and skid marks), and blare his horn.  Made me jump, stop, and I was ready to leap into the woods to avoid being hit.  Scared the living crap out of me.  I yelled several profanities at him.  I assume he didn't see me on the shoulder and thought the car in front was slowing for no reason.  Douche.  That was my scariest car encounter yet, although it wasn't a close call as far as behing hit.  It just rattled me.

Got up early this morning for a legs workout at the gym.  Run planned after work today.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Really nice run/walk yesterday after work.  Did a 5K route on Fort Sam Houston and handed out treats to my doggie pals in the family housing area.  Weather was GREAT!  I don't usually run on Wednesdays but had to get out there to take advantage of this:  62 degrees, low humidity, dew point of 55, cloudy.  It rained on me a bit at the start but that soon passed.    Today, the rain and clouds are clearing out, it will be sunny and 78 degrees, but still low humidity and dew point, nice!  Sounds like a good day to do a run on the San Antonio Riverwalk, which is what I will do after work today.

37 degrees!  Dang, Step, you should change YOUR forum name to Brrrrr!  Hope your run went well!

Glad you are feeling better, Tom.

Well, LRB, if you have to howl at the moon, today is the day to do it!  Moon was full and bright and HUGE this morning!  Good luck with the PT!

Nice on the miles, granite running.

Dang, Oski!  That is scary!   Definitely go get checked!   And no more falling into ditches!  Who the heck do you think you are...me?  Joking

Kristin, so sorry to hear you are not feeling well!  If that pain does not ease up, get thee to your doctor and get checked to rule out anything more serious.  Hey, when they found my cancer, I was only 29!  A running acquaintance of mine here in San Antonio, an Air Force guy, was only 28 when they found his colon cancer.  You just never know, and genetics can be a factor.     Don't mess around with pain/discomfort in your abdominal/stomach area.  As you said, it may be just gastritis, but doesn't hurt to rule out anything more serious. And if it does turn out to be something else, early detection is key!   Don't mess about, young lady!

Dang, Baboon.  Glad you are okay.   We have a bunch of crazy drivers like that here in San Antonio.  A whole lot of them!  And usually on the highways at high speed.  Amazes me that more people don't end up being killed around here. Tailgaters on the road are...idiots!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have been at the office for a few hours trying to catch up.  Just finished going through 1000 emails.  Did 8 with 6 X 2 min @ HMP this morning and although there is no pain, the area is sore, but we've been able to point at what is causing it and it's not muscular nor bone structure.  I just need to hold it until it's gone.  Bah.

Anyway, gotta go!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning folks!

I did 3.5 yesterday and nearly passed out during mile 2. Had to stop for 15 minutes until it passed.  It's happened three times now over the last month, so I'm going to be calling the doctor this morning.

I'm a little hesitant to go for a run because I don't want to pass out and land in a ditch somewhere.  I've fallen in a ditch before.  It's not fun.

Hope the doctor has some answers for you.  Hugs.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by LRB on Wednesday:  Man, the PT tore my ass apart today!  

So you probably need a new one then, LRB, cuz your old one is cracked now, right? Joking

FreeSoul:  nice run with Rocky yesterday, sounds like you had a really good one.  Glad you got your coolant fixed, we don't want any overheated runners... Wink

Zelanie

Good morning!  My mystery track workout ended up being 6 x 400 at Repetition pace.  I haven't tried to hold that pace for longer than 200m before- yikes!  I was glad I had company there and a RP with me.  I was a couple of seconds slow on #3 and #4, but not too bad for the first time I suppose.

Step- Hope you stay warm enough on your run!  Definitely time to bust out the cold weather gear here too.

Tom- Good luck this weekend!

LRB- Sounds like PT is doing you some good.  Good luck today!

Granite- The miles are done, that's what counts.

Oski- Scary!  Glad you're OK!

kristin, Scotty, Damaris- Hello again!

Phil- Glad everyone got home safely yesterday.

delicate flower

Heh, from my HM Saturday, sprinting to the finish.  PAINFACE!  Big grin

<3